A-Rod tested positive for steroids in 2003...

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
The tents on this circus are not about to fold for a while longer. New revelations almost every other day.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Getting this stuff is easy here. Come to Gold's with me or at any local gym. Go to the Centro Olympico or anywhere you see young ball players and the bucones can get it all. Is it widespread? It's tough to say because a lack of testing and education, but I know many of the players and regular joe schmoe lifters take this stuff. "La puya" isn't as big a deal here.

Come to Gold's with me one day and see how funny it is. Guys with 17 inch arms, lifting 135lb. bench. All roids....

Here is an article: Steroids in the DR

Mr. Lu
There are actually flyers on the wall of my gym in Jarabacoa for docs who prescribe and give out steroids.

It's really easy to tell the folks who have taken them for any length of time.

Barry Bonds Rookie Card:
barrybonds.jpg

Reactions: Berzin

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
There are actually flyers on the wall of my gym in Jarabacoa for docs who prescribe and give out steroids.

Why would doctors involve themselves in this if you can just get stuff over the counter at a pharmacy without their interference?

Or is buying steroids with a prescription in the DR more prestigious?

No entiendo esto...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Why would doctors involve themselves in this if you can just get stuff over the counter at a pharmacy without their interference?

Or is buying steroids with a prescription in the DR more prestigious?

No entiendo esto...
Beats me. Just reporting facts, Sir...

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Steroid Shopping In The Dominican Republic

Ethical, the name of the manufacturer. In this baseball context simply hilarious.:cheeky:
30ndbeq.jpg

One store didn't carry Primobolan but had Anabolex, the brand name for Dianabol ? a steroid every bit as illegal in the U.S. as Primobolan is. It cost 10 pesos a pill, or about 30 cents.

Good story on shopping for rods in DR.

Steroid Shopping In The Dominican Republic : NPR