A Year Ago Today?

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Cb great observations, i am like you never get used to the noise...i think i got a little Americanized. If you have problems with Chinese d/w you probably built in 05/07 i am an investor in fla real estate and i staid away from the chinese stuff cuz i was afraid they will treat this as hazardous waste..night mare. Good post.

May 5, 2007
Good job CB, resurrecting this old thread that still has valuable meaning, and adding to it was certainly welcome relief from what I have had for my "breakfast read" of late

Keep it up, I'll get there, hopefully sooner than later

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Been living here for 18 years now.
Be Careful, look what happened to me!
Try to keep, the "Shinny Side UP", and the "Rubber Side DOWN!!!"
The healing process is MUCH Loooooooonger after 60!
ps, "Thanks" for getting me "Hooked" on your "Olivo Family Blend Coffee"!
There may be a better tasting coffee out there, somewhere, in the WORLD.
Ill NEVER Know, cause I'm done searching!
It also tastes wonderful, "Iced".
(He said waiting for my next 10 pounds to arrive?????)
I suggest everyone buy NOW, before the supply runs out, or you realize that you can double the current price (Very Reasonable!) and still sell all you can get!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I agree with Bronzeallspice. A Book!!! A Book!!

It does seem awfully quick since you outlined your idea of MotoCaribe and I just about busted a gut telling you how great it would be as long as you could avoid the bureaucracy--which you have done remarkable well--and establish a base...

All to the good CB, All to the Good....

Congratulations to you two heroes..

HB

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
BTW, reading your thread made me thinking, was there ever a thread started with a title: " you ARE a dominican if:" ??
For example:

There have been a couple within the last 2 years, yes.

​Der Fish

I just got one....you are a dominican if you break 40 000 plastic chairs.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"The Bill" for my 10 pounds Too?????
"JD" just phoned, he is 20 minutes away with my "Stash"!
This is "COOLER" than buying 10 pounds of "WEED"!
And legal!
The most "WEED" I ever moved was only 4 pounds, but that was a LOT for Beacon Hill in the "70s" :knockedou:knockedou:knockedou!!!!!!
"JD" use the usual "signal" when you arrive.
I've got some fine "Dominican Sticks" :smoke::smoke::smoke:we can share when you get here !
"Over Cafe"?,........................"For Sure Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Papi Gordo", as I'm know as in "Dis HOOD"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccccccccccc
"On Line"!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Forget it. I'm gonna buy it all. I just got 10 lb. for CC, and I'm gonna hit CB for 10 more. (Hear that, CB? Send me the bill)

pliz no! i am thinking of sending miesposo to jarabacoa to get me some. leave a pound or two for me, i beg of you!

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Congrats on your 1-yr anniversary. Please, , , , elaborate a little more on above, particularly the concept of turf. Thanks.
5 years.

Business in very, very tough in the DR. There isn't a lot of business to go around. Many Dominicans engage in what I call "desperation capitalism" because there aren't many good jobs to go around.

If you compete directly with a Dominican on his turf, he may not play "fair." And you may not want to live with really slim margins like he can.

If you want to have a business in the DR find a niche, and try to find one not dependent on internal revenues. Import your revenues.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
elaborate a little more on above, particularly the concept of turf. Thanks.

basically, you cannot directly compete with dominicans on things dominicans can - and will - do cheaper. there are few exceptions to this rule, like german butchers in sosua: more expensive than any dominican place yet successful. partly due to the fact the quality of the products is fantastic and partly because the clientele is mainly foreign based.
but generally, it does not pay off to compete with dominicans in any business requiring manual labour. a dominican can easily live on 10k pesos a month or less, with entire family too. a gringo cannot do the same.
you may compete on the grounds of quality, since you will never win when the prices are concerned. or when it comes to a simple know-how. this is what most people do. i observed there are few foreign run businesses offering, say, pool construction or solar power. they get clients (again, lots of other foreigners), because they do a great job, to very minute details. and they know a lot about their profession.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"dv", and "AE" ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How BAD do you want some "Olivo Family Blend"??????????????????????????????
If we 3 could meet somewhere,anywhere!
I would be willing to "Share" with you some of what I have, for "somethings" that you have??????
Do I make myself clear????
A "WIN/Win/Win" situation!
How many "POUNDS" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: would you like????? :bunny::bunny::bunny:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i will be in SD this week. thursday? gotta do my cedula. i shall give you a call!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NO!, Don't "CALL", just "CUM"!!!!!!!
I'm sure you will leave my house HAPPY, and Full filled!!!!
How many "POUNDS" shall I put you "DOWN" for?????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC