Advise needed to help a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
my advice : depends on the age of the kids -- under age still at home get a vibrator and forget about it, : over 18 --go full steam ahead, who cares if it turns into a foolish thing.:laugh:

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Is this funny Friday?

Your friend is going to marry a guy she has never met in person and you are worried about her eyebrows? Who pushed to get married so fast? If it was him, he will not care how she dresses or her eyebrows, he will love her as is.

Teach her what to watch for so she can be sure if he's not a sankie . Actually if she is member she should be reading way way down the list to find all sankie signs.

Good luck changing her mind
She never told me who pushed for the marriage, but she is the typical African American woman cant keep her mouth shut. I told her she is coming into his world so better learn to adapt .....FAST

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Does she speak Spanish?

What's the plan after they get married? Live in DR? Live in US? What about the kids (both sets)?

About how old is this woman? The guy?

So many questions! Sorry

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
so shes a member of the forum and has read everything so what can we say that hasnt been said

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Does she speak Spanish?

What's the plan after they get married? Live in DR? Live in US? What about the kids (both sets)?

About how old is this woman? The guy?

So many questions! Sorry

She speaks a little Spanish they plan to live in America with both sets of kids she is 31and i believe he is 33

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Ok well tell her to put her "big girl panties" on and game on. If she has been a member of this site then she knows very well what to expect. Eyebrows, rug hair...please..She is a woman and she has 2 kids so she knows how to attract a man ok. What type, long term...that is on her. Just wish her the best..That is all you can do.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Isn't she concerned about her children living with a total stranger?They haven't met him or spent any time
with him to win their trust.She should be looking out first for the welfare of her children.She doesn't know
anything about this man and yet she's bringing him home to live with her children.She is a foolish woman.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Isn't she concerned about her children living with a total stranger?They haven't met him or spent any time
with him to win their trust.She should be looking out first for the welfare of her children.She doesn't know
anything about this man and yet she's bringing him home to live with her children.She is a foolish woman.

bronzeallspice, it will be some time before she's able to get him a US visa, if ever. They'll have time......

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
For what I posted she is so mad

I'd be mad, too. You really can't tell from your original post if you want her to succeed or to fail. You seem to want her to up her game, which will only make her more attractive to said sanky. And I don't understand why you expect a person to accept advice from strangers when she won't accept it from you, someone who supposedly cares for her and knows her. The comments about hygiene were out of place when you knew she'd see them, friend.

Having said that, on the basis of immigration alone, it's unwise to marry site unseen or with very little face time. They ask about it, and it's only really accepted in certain cultures and countries, and the US/DR for the most part isn't like that. More than meeting a sanky, I think it's sometimes a slap in the face for Americans, myself included, who believe that being an American citizen means something when you go to the consulate. Never gotten worse treatment from any government agency than Immigration in the US.

So certainly, go see, enjoy. As an adult, she's entitled to make her own mistakes. While your motive as a friend is to prevent her from great pain that you predict she will experience, you're overstepping.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
good luck with this!!! from what I've heard, his chance of getting into the US, (even if recently married), is about the same as a snowball's chance in hell -- or on the beach in the D.R. at least she's not planning to drag her poor kids to the D.R. still think it's not exactly stellar parenting!!!!

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
bronzeallspice, it will be some time before she's able to get him a US visa, if ever. They'll have time......

The scary thing is that visas are going through very fast now not like before and I did advise her to take several trips with the kids to she if it's a good fit.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
I'd be mad, too. You really can't tell from your original post if you want her to succeed or to fail. You seem to want her to up her game, which will only make her more attractive to said sanky. And I don't understand why you expect a person to accept advice from strangers when she won't accept it from you, someone who supposedly cares for her and knows her. The comments about hygiene were out of place when you knew she'd see them, friend.

Having said that, on the basis of immigration alone, it's unwise to marry site unseen or with very little face time. They ask about it, and it's only really accepted in certain cultures and countries, and the US/DR for the most part isn't like that. More than meeting a sanky, I think it's sometimes a slap in the face for Americans, myself included, who believe that being an American citizen means something when you go to the consulate. Never gotten worse treatment from any government agency than Immigration in the US.

So certainly, go see, enjoy. As an adult, she's entitled to make her own mistakes. While your motive as a friend is to prevent her from great pain that you predict she will experience, you're overstepping.

Who in their right mind wants a friend to fail I may have over simplyfied the eyebrow issue but it goes to a larger problem if the eyebrow is an issue and a small one in the big ptcture imagine fr exmple I asked her if he was marriedby the court or just calling the mother of his kids his wife and she did not know the answer to that....Just the tip of the iceberg

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
good luck with this!!! from what I've heard, his chance of getting into the US, (even if recently married), is about the same as a snowball's chance in hell -- or on the beach in the D.R. at least she's not planning to drag her poor kids to the D.R. still think it's not exactly stellar parenting!!!!

A idiot like her will et him here faster than normal. I bet she will have less problems getting him here than a normal relationship

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
you know what? i take it all back, don't let her pluck anything. just hide a bear trap in her under belly jungle rug. this should do the great job of controlling a groom-to-be.

This has got to be one of the funniest posts I have read in ages!!! LOL, really and snorted!!!

"Underbelly jungle rug" ==>Priceless!!

HB

Status
Not open for further replies.