am i a fool as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Who in hell died?.

Hi anna. How are you? I could not make it to the festivities as i was away. I look forward to the future one. If AZB and Miguel where there I would have tried to make it. LOL.
El diablazo brother, where in hell have you been?.

Man, I still remember the good times we had when you were a newbie, PRICELESS!.

Anyways, I would had made it if Canada was not so far from "Alaska", and visa versa.

Nice to see you posting again big guy.

Sorry I got off-topic. Carry on........

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
do what you

do what you think and feel is right not what stangers tell you to. I hope it all works out for you.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
El diablazo brother, where in hell have you been?.

Man, I still remember the good times we had when you were a newbie, PRICELESS!.

Anyways, I would had made it if Canada was not so far from "Alaska", and visa versa.

Nice to see you posting again big guy.

Sorry I got off-topic. Carry on........

hey miguel,

Is good you got off topic, I kinda distracted you from this topic. One of your favourites. I have been hidding out in Jarabacoa for the past year and a half. Hung out with AZB. AND now back in home. Good to hear from you.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
If you go through with this and spend the time with him alone, he will reel you in even deeper, feed you more bulls***, and if you are strong enough to tell him the wedding is off, he will pull that how can you think I'm a sankie with that sad, hurt look in his eyes......... or he may ger angry and do something worse. Are you going alone?

Audrav, what you say is so true but she is no ready to believe you. For her own sake, I hope she will before it's too late.

canadiangirl858

Oct 17, 2006
canadiankitty, please don't take this as negative, take this as advice. from someone who has been conned by a "sankie". I was worse than conned, i married him and was used and lied to so he could get his status in canada.
once he got it he disappeared, he hasn't tried to contact me since he left. he only lived with me for 8 weeks.
I always considered myself an intelligent woman and thought I would know if I was being played, but guess what , i didn't.
I couldn't understand how someone could treat another human being the way he treated me. But these men have no conscience, they are in it for what they can get out of it. regardless who gets hurt in the process.
My husband never asked me to send him any money, and he also told me he didn't want me to spend so much money on the trips and hotels...sound familiar.
you don't have to listen to starngers, I agree with that. But don't let your heart do all the thinking for you, use your head too.
This was the first time in a long time that I let my heart do the thinking for me and look where it got me.
read some of my posts and you'll get an idea of where I'm coming from.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Can't find gold in a trash bin, can you????

To answer stallion's question, yes, in Toronto, where I live, there is a lack of decent guys, and when I say decent, I mean guys who put a woman first. I was in a bad realtionship with a Canadian guy a while ago, but I knew even then that it was not a good relationship.

There are a lot lot of dogs here too and they don't treat you nearly as nice as the Dominican men...which is worse I don't know
Depends where you're looking baby and the people with whom you associate. Those "squeegee" guys with whom you associate/fall in love in TO are similar to the resort workers in the DR .... NFG and NFC - you know that adage, sleep with dogs and you'll get fleas, doggie breath, ..... that's what you got.

If you're a professional woman (not that type), you'll obviously associate with men who are respectable and treat women with respect, on the other hand, if you're a real professional woman or similar (yes, that type), guess who you'll meet? There is no difference between the DR and Canada, you'll meet people in the social circle in which you associate.

I can't understand women who complain that they can't find "good" men where they live so they have to go looking in the DR, Mexico, Brazil ..... etc., yet they do nothing to make themselves better. "Good" men don't go for "fatties" - I don't mean in physical appearance, rather, women with bad attitude and no ambition .... get yourself a game plan and you'll meet a "good" man :glasses:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
She was in a "bad" relationship, got hurt, and became more susceptible for "better" treatment. The thing is - as I understand from reading posts here and from personal experience - most Dominican men treat their women much worse than men in Western countries. So, if that DR guy treats you nice - there is definitely a reason for it - he wants to get something out of you. He will only be nice to you until you are useful to him.

OP - read threads on this site, think, think and think. Do not allow that man to take advantage of you, any relationship is just not worth it.

Canadiankitty

Oct 31, 2006
Yes I am a professional woman...(no not that type), and yes I meet professional guys, the majority of which are married or have girlfriends. I didn't go to the DR looking for a man. I actually went there for a vacation and when he had first approached me I totally didn't believe him or take him seriously, but exchanged phone numbers with him not thinking he would actually use it. But he did call me and from there we started talking and like I said it took 6 months before I thought he might be really serious...and then I went to meet him etc etc. And then stupid me then I fell in love with him afterwards.

And maybe there are nice guys where I am but the ratio of single women to men does not seem to be balanced.

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Depends where you're looking baby and the people with whom you associate. Those "squeegee" guys with whom you associate/fall in love in TO are similar to the resort workers in the DR .... NFG and NFC - you know that adage, sleep with dogs and you'll get fleas, doggie breath, ..... that's what you got.

If you're a professional woman (not that type), you'll obviously associate with men who are respectable and treat women with respect, on the other hand, if you're a real professional woman or similar (yes, that type), guess who you'll meet? There is no difference between the DR and Canada, you'll meet people in the social circle in which you associate.

I can't understand women who complain that they can't find "good" men where they live so they have to go looking in the DR, Mexico, Brazil ..... etc., yet they do nothing to make themselves better. "Good" men don't go for "fatties" - I don't mean in physical appearance, rather, women with bad attitude and no ambition .... get yourself a game plan and you'll meet a "good" man :glasses:

Shad,

When are you going to open up a dating site?

You can have a section for different levels of class vs. levels of intimacy.;) ;) ;)

Different races - imagine the endless possibilities and potential income!

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Hey canadiankitty, you may feel that you are in love with this person, but this is too short of a time period. I'm from Toronto too, so I understand what you're saying about guys there, but everyone says that about where they live. You never find people when you are looking, it happens when you least expect it.
If this guy needs you to marry him in order to get into the country, that's very risky. Period.
This may be naive of me, so I might get blasted by some people here, but can he get here on his own and then you guys could get to know each other without him having to be dependant on you?
Suggest this to him and see what he says. To me, if he truly loves you, he would not want to hassle you with the responsiblity of getting him to Canada, he would attempt to do it on his own.
It's not like he lives in Cuba where that's the only way to leave, he lives in the DR where he is free to apply to leave.
I've known a few people to marry someone that they have met in a short period of time from a different country and it rarely works out, so just think about that.
I'm sure you know about all those unsuccessful stories, but always think about yourself as the rule, never the exception.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
It's not like he lives in Cuba where that's the only way to leave, he lives in the DR where he is free to apply to leave.

Same difference, if he's poor and has no skills it's not the DR keeping anyone from leaving it's Canada keeping people from coming into the country or rather screening whom they do allow in. ;)

tk toronto

Sep 7, 2006
Same difference, if he's poor and has no skills it's not the DR keeping anyone from leaving it's Canada keeping people from coming into the country or rather screening whom they do allow in. ;)

Ooops, I feel silly, Anna. But, now that you mentioned it (and thanks for mentioning it), I'll say this to Canadian Kitty, Do you want to marry someone that doesn't have marketable skills where you will have to support them because they can't find a job?? I know, this hurts to hear, but think if this guy were from Canada with no skills and you had to support him for 3 years, you probably wouldn't even consider it. Think about that in making your decision.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
That's what dreams are made of .....

Shad,

When are you going to open up a dating site?

You can have a section for different levels of class vs. levels of intimacy.;) ;) ;)

Different races - imagine the endless possibilities and potential income!

Wish I could ... NDA and non-competition agreements in place to prevent this. BUT, if you're interested, my consulting services are available .... ;)

can you imagine shad as a fairy godfather?
putting the love firts!

First rule in business - never mix pleasure with business .... no fairy anything for me :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
Wish I could ... NDA and non-competition agreements in place to prevent this. BUT, if you're interested, my consulting services are available .... ;)

First rule in business - never mix pleasure with business .... no fairy anything for me :rambo: :rambo: :rambo: :rambo:

Thanks for the offer Shad, I'll keep it mind.

No fairy anything for me jejejejejeje

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Market the product better ....

Yes I am a professional woman...(no not that type), and yes I meet professional guys, the majority of which are married or have girlfriends. I didn't go to the DR looking for a man. I actually went there for a vacation and when he had first approached me I totally didn't believe him or take him seriously, but exchanged phone numbers with him not thinking he would actually use it. But he did call me and from there we started talking and like I said it took 6 months before I thought he might be really serious...and then I went to meet him etc etc. And then stupid me then I fell in love with him afterwards.

And maybe there are nice guys where I am but the ratio of single women to men does not seem to be balanced.
Doesn't matter if a guy has a girlfriend or wife, he'll take notice of a "good" woman/lady and may be inclined to "jump ship" (may be a bit difficult if he has a wife, but anything is possible). Since you're interacting with professional men, get into the game by "marketing" yourself better.

It appears you are/were willing to settle for the guy from the DR 'cause it was effortless - just sat there and boom!! ... he landed in your lap and you got a man. It takes time to find and know "good" people .... instant gratification/relationship doesn't work. :glasses:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Doesn't matter if a guy has a girlfriend or wife, he'll take notice of a "good" woman/lady and may be inclined to "jump ship" (may be a bit difficult if he has a wife, but anything is possible). Since you're interacting with professional men, get into the game by "marketing" yourself better.

Well, how does one feel comfortable trying to get to know someone who already has gf(s) or even - a wife???? So, what happens in most cases - you don't really know if he has gf(s) or a wife.... but it is easy to figure it out by the way he behaves ...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
shad, the agony uncle

best thing is to wait for some nice girl to chose a good man and then immediately chose the same.

marketing: invest in a good makeup and belly dancing classes....

Audra

Bronze
Mar 19, 2006
best thing is to wait for some nice girl to chose a good man and then immediately chose the same.

marketing: invest in a good makeup and belly dancing classes....

This explains the whole home-wrecker thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.