american tourist mistaken for a prostitute and insulted by CESTUR

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
The site which you just scapegoated is not the problem. The kind of Guy who posts all those YouTube videos would be run off that site in about an hour. In fact, one of the more prominent ones was. It is the Cuba Dave type, the self promoting dicumentarians who have posted literally thousands of videos on social media about not only the D.R. but Medellin, Costa Rica, etc. showing these locales in very bad light through their series of crappy, uninformative and downright libelous videos. I'll bet none of those guys even knows what a release consent looks like before posting these Women up for the world to see.
My feeling on Cuba Dave and his side kick Andy the hobo traveller are well posted, and they aren't positive. Haha

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And within a three mile radius of San Isidro there lives perhaps more than one million people in very high density housing so being able to rent a room for a few hours of privacy is in very great demand for normal couples along with the guys and their concubines. I don't buy the line one little bit that cabanas are havens of prostitution and like others understand things differently.

It is entirely feasible that Cabanas have more than one use.

I suspect that now that the government is focussing in on prostitution, that just one or two examples of Cabana use for prostitutes out of the thousands of privacy/concubine uses will be enough for that Cabana to be shut down and forfeited due to promoting prostitution (in case anyone says that prostitution is not illegal in and of itself, while promotion of prostitution is illegal).

The girls are going to have to get their own places and be entirely on their own as private contractors.

Last edited:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It is entirely feasible that Cabanas have more than one use.

I suspect that now that the government is focussing in on prostitution, that just one or two examples of Cabana use for prostitutes out of the thousands of privacy/concubine uses will be enough for that Cabana to be shut down and forfeited due to promoting prostitution (in case anyone says that prostitution is not illegal in and of itself, while promotion of prostitution is illegal).

The girls are going to have to get their own places and be entirely on their own as private contractors.
Cabanas have multiple uses.

Many in the DR live in small, multi-generational houses where privacy is limited.

I know couples with kids and parents living with them who use cabanas to cap off a "date night."

I have nephews who live in smaller apartments who use those large, 2-level cabanas for parties, bringing a sound system, drink and food with bunch of their friends converging for a few hours of partying.

We use cabanas when we travel to Santo Domingo. The convenience of just pulling in and not having to go through the front desk hassle is so nice! We have a "Cabana Bag" ready at all times with better sheets, a blanket, pillows, coffee maker, and even our own shower head (they are usually missing in a cabana). RD$1200 for 9 hours overnight with a simple breakfast just can't be beat. We bring an extra fold-out table, water and chargers and we're all set for the night. We probably stay in a cabana 35 nights a year, and have even discussed future longer-term rentals with the owner.

Certainly cabanas are used for affairs and prostitution, no doubt. But to say that is their only use is just flat incorrect.

We spoke with the owner---it one of the nice cabanas on the Malecon around Luperon---and he claims almost half of his clients are salesman, short-stay overnighters like us or family/couples, and stays especially busy when one of the local societies, like the Spanish or Lebanese, have a big event.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
CB - Motel Queen?
No. It's Bayamesa, right next to the Luperon.

We once left a Kindle there by mistake, discovered it several hours after leaving. Alida called, and they had it, and kept it for two weeks when we returned. Good folks.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No. It's Bayamesa, right next to the Luperon.

We once left a Kindle there by mistake, discovered it several hours after leaving. Alida called, and they had it, and kept it for two weeks when we returned. Good folks.

Not far from Metaldom.

Queen is also pretty good if you ever get shut out.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
I didnt realize the cabanas can be used for parties...its a good deal considering the space. Do the cabanas come set up as a lounge? The only places i have used for this are asian karaoke businesses.
Getting a big room for a dozen or so friends, with music n drinks . Great for a nice after hours party till 10 in the morning.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Used a cabana once with a sweetheart I had.

It was great because there was a ban on the selling of liquor after 1:00am BUT not in the cabana.......................

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Used a cabana once with a sweetheart I had.

It was great because there was a ban on the selling of liquor after 1:00am BUT not in the cabana.......................

....and her name was Brandy....

[video=youtube;oShTJ90fC34]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34[/video]

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have said long ago that one day the government will start arresting the men.
Imho, we are not far from that. The result of arresting the men will have have the desired affect of changing imagine of the N.C. once the men's stories hit the web.
It will work alot faster and have more affect than wack a mole business closing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
????

Prostitution is not illegal in the DR!!!!

Ccccc

Arresting them for what????

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Not Monte Carlo...... or re-make into the perfect image, no more embarrassment

????

Prostitution is not illegal in the DR!!!!

Ccccc

Arresting them for what????

Don't forget that several posters are owners of condos in Cabarete and Sosua.
They envision that a "clean up" to their liking in the area, will translate into better rental revenues and possible appreciation on real estate values.
Some would like the North Coast to conform to their correct version of the perfect tropical get away.
Sometimes I wonder why they settled in the DR in the first place?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Don't forget that several posters are owners of condos in Cabarete and Sosua.
They envision that a "clean up" to their liking in the area, will translate into better rental revenues and possible appreciation on real estate values.
Some would like the North Coast to conform to their correct version of the perfect tropical get away.
Sometimes I wonder why they settled in the DR in the first place?

What is ideal for one isn't ideal for another. So those who decide that they want to make laws to force others to do things their way are the ones who are really out of line in my opinion. I, say, buy a hotel in a city famous for its prostitution and then decide that these mongers don't want to pay the prices i would like to get, so I push for legislation to make them illegal. Makes no sense to me. But in reality that is what the Libertarians actually are.
Der Fish

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What is ideal for one isn't ideal for another. So those who decide that they want to make laws to force others to do things their way are the ones who are really out of line in my opinion. I, say, buy a hotel in a city famous for its prostitution and then decide that these mongers don't want to pay the prices i would like to get, so I push for legislation to make them illegal. Makes no sense to me. But in reality that is what the Libertarians actually are.
Der Fish

You could not be more wrong about Libertarians. We don't care about what other people do so long as it does not hurt us. What is going on now is best called urban renewal in Sosua.
There are NO libertarians in the government who are in charge of this.

Why did I come to Cabarete and retire? Because I like it here.

si225

Dec 26, 2012
Denuncia en Sos?a en el cuartel PN existe un negocio apresan las personas y lo suelta

A true revelation. No Comment.

Sos?a.- un ciudadano oriundo de esta ciudad denunci? haber sido apresado irregularmente el pasado viernes por un policia de la uniformada y dejado preso hasta el sabado casi al medio dia cuando fue liberado por no haber cometido delito alguno y mientras estubo detenido vi? como policias negociaban con otros presos en la celda y por dinero lo liberaban.

Jose Ramon de la Cruz, denuncio ante www.detrasdelrumor.com .do, denuncio que durante estubo preso la noche del viernes pudo ver un verdadero negocios con persons principalmente de origen haitiano a quienes apresan y luego la misma noche lo liberan por dinero, lo que pudo presenciar con sus propios ojos y que pasa con todo si usted tiene diero se va o de lo contrario amanece, seg?n expreso.

De la Cruz manifest? sin dudas existe una mafia descarada alli y el coronel parece no saber nada o se hace que no sabe, por lo que consider? necesario que las altas instancias de la Policia Nacional intervengan para evitar que los hombres serios sean maltratados y los delincuentes porque tienen dinero salen.

http://detrasdelrumor.com.do/denunc...apresan-las-personas-y-lo-sueltan-por-dinero/

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
... el coronel parece no saber nada o se hace que no sabe, por lo que consider? necesario que las altas instancias de la Policia Nacional intervengan para evitar que los hombres serios sean maltratados y los delincuentes porque tienen dinero salen.

From personal experience, the Colonel is involved up to his eyeballs. Everyone gets their cut.The PN in Sosua is a disgrace and corrupt to the core. Not everyone, but most of them have both hands out.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
You could not be more wrong about Libertarians. We don't care about what other people do so long as it does not hurt us. What is going on now is best called urban renewal in Sosua.
There are NO libertarians in the government who are in charge of this.

Why did I come to Cabarete and retire? Because I like it here.

No I don't suppose there are any Libertarians in the Sosua government at all. I was just pointing out actual actions of people. Can I make money selling motorcycle helmets if everyone has to wear one? OK Then will push for helmet laws while I rise up on my hind legs and proclaim myself a Libertarian! That is the actuality of that group. I am probably more of an actual libertarian than anyone else I have ever met.
Der Fish