american tourist mistaken for a prostitute and insulted by CESTUR

si225

Dec 26, 2012
si225. As a local business owner posted, what is going on now is part of an economic development plan. Some people in the wrong place at the wrong time are always affected during the execution of such plans.

If you want to read more into it, feel free to do so.

There is always a reason, always a purpose.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is always a reason, always a purpose.

A few new AI's and more than a few new "Gringo developments" could very well be the reason locally in Sosua and Cabarete.

The international embarrassment (along with loan and grant money strings) of being known for prostitution is a reason at the level of central government.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Breaking News:

Dominican Republic announces end to Prostitution!

29xg5dz.jpg

Apr 7, 2014
I'm going to apply for a job with CESTUR. I want to pull people off motos and lay a beating on them just on principle most of the time.
There is NO principle because the infraction is not illegal. Like Greydread said this essentially is grabbing dark skinned women at random and hoping they are prostitutes free to be harrassed and rousted. He is also correct, one story in Essence magazine or the Wendy Williams Show and bookings to Aruba will probably triple.

Apr 7, 2014
I find myself in the very awkward position of agreeing with Grey on this 100%..

All emotion removed... this is very accurate, by anyone who thinks with half a brain..
These Flunkie cops ( anyone in the DR with a UNIFORM) WILL most certainly use this as a new way to extort Tourists , INTENTIONALLY... and yes they will kill the golden Goose , before it ever gets better. Because they really are that St*pid and short sighted.

but thats ok... we have passports and many other destinations we can travel to.
In the meantime you expats can enjoy the Spike in Crime which will occur very shortly as things get even more desperate .

just small side example, I thought you people said they don?t ASK for Propinas any more at like POP Airport ? its very nice and all btw, as I have not flown thu there in years.. preferring STI.
You right, they don? task , they DEMAND it. If they think you new. My mistake, looking around like a tourist cuz I had not seen the place in a while.
A guy in uniform, literally tried to hold my bags on the wheeled cart Hostage after I went through that last Xray machine before Exiting the Airport..
Out of Principle I was like ? No, Not today M F? ... he finally took his hands off my cart after a god Stare down & head shake , and he let me push my own bags out the door. I am not an old lady, nor a cripple.. I don?t need your G** Damn help with my bags on a wheeled cart . Thank you.
Anyone on their first trip, 100% would have been intimidated into a quick Propina... to get their bags back? meanwhile he was muttering something about ? no more security checks for me, because I am with him? ?!? (thats when asking , turned into a mild form of extortion)
Point is they NOT ASKING any more, they TELLING you they want your money.
And this stopping Random women now, is just another great new way for them to Extort tourists .
They getting really desperate, you can feel it everywhere. if you paid attention..
I agree here also this will be chicken fried golden goose heavy on the kechu. It will be just like Rio or Caracas where will get robbed by people by people in police uniforms 15 feet from the entrance to their hotel.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There you have it folks. We have evidence, impossible to refute by multiple posters, that if you persecute prostitutes the sky immediately falls.

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
What the DR needs is a 3 strikes law on businesses that promote, just take the property away.
Harrassing tourists and mistaking them for cueros is so crazy, basically targeting the darker skinned tourist females.
The mongers should get hit too.
But the DR is too messed up to fix their own problems, epedemic is a better word, as primos are pimping out their own families.
Many dominicans wont bring their families to sosua because of the seedy enviorment, they rather go to playa maimon , rio sqn juan,or lesser known tourist spots because of this
If you can control the cueros, those sex tourist will stop coming.

To the original OP, do a write up on TripAdvisor and see your comments iether censored or gain forum traffic that is well deserved.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
There is NO principle because the infraction is not illegal. Like Greydread said this essentially is grabbing dark skinned women at random and hoping they are prostitutes free to be harrassed and rousted. He is also correct, one story in Essence magazine or the Wendy Williams Show and bookings to Aruba will probably triple.

And more so.
Not only the black US and Brazilian TOURIST women were molested by CESTUR.
These morons are also molesting their own Dominican women.
See dv8 post#118.
In this case a Dominican women(tourist) resident of Germany along with her husband(tourist) and accompanied by their children were molested by CESTUR upon leaving a restaurant. Their documents were shown and hotel info provided. The women was accused of being a prostitute and beaten.
If this in case is a fact, complaints should be made to the gov.do, police and the minister of tourism.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
What the DR needs is a 3 strikes law on businesses that promote, just take the property away.

To the original OP, do a write up on TripAdvisor and see your comments iether censored or gain forum traffic that is well deserved.

A 3 strikes law on businesses that promote what? Prostitution? it is not illegal here. I feel they should do what Panama has done and that is to make the pros have a weekly physical including a blood test. If they have any infection in their body at all they cannot get their card renewed. The prostitute police try to get the men to talk about price before asking to see the woman's card and check her age and the date. If the card is more than the 7 days old she is not legal. Full stop.
Der Fish
Quoting myownself here, but one more bennie of the Panama whore's card is that it says macho o hembra onit so if you've by mistake approached a cross dresser you can back off when seeing that the card says macho!
Der Fish

Last edited:
May 12, 2005
The cueros aren't going away. The country just doesn't want it to be so out in the open and in your face. The powers that be want the Cuba Dave's of the world to go somewhere else. What's so hard to figure out?

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I don't go to sousa nore do any of my domican frends because it is a rip off who cares about the ho's I am not paying 200 for a 50
moto ride and on and on like this. I would much rather go to the river F cabraty & sousa over priced everything keep it good luck to all your new
Bisnesses only a fool would pay that price. If toto is what you want just get out and say hi or have your car washed.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I don't go to sousa nore do any of my domican frends because it is a rip off who cares about the ho's I am not paying 200 for a 50
moto ride and on and on like this. I would much rather go to the river F cabraty & sousa over priced everything keep it good luck to all your new
Bisnesses only a fool would pay that price. If toto is what you want just get out and say hi or have your car washed.

Tell us about this car wash thingie. I've read about it here on DR1, but all the car washes I have visited are regular businesses.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
The cueros aren't going away. The country just doesn't want it to be so out in the open and in your face. The powers that be want the Cuba Dave's of the world to go somewhere else. What's so hard to figure out?
Yes for some it is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller

What is wrong with doing the Dominican thing having one or more concubines and using cabanas privately instead of this in your face bar crap' and mal chicas harassing guys on the road and the beach. No wonder CESTUR have to act even in error sometimes. Tourist are the honey that attracts the flies and most hookers in this land are to be found where they are. Do what they do in St Martin and keep it strictly under control, regulated and out of sight. But I would guess all that would be unacceptably controlled to some posters who may have other designs.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
What is wrong with doing the Dominican thing having one or more concubines and using cabanas privately instead of this in your face bar crap' and mal chicas harassing guys on the road and the beach. No wonder CESTUR have to act even in error sometimes. Tourist are the honey that attracts the flies and most hookers in this land are to be found where they are. Do what they do in St Martin and keep it strictly under control, regulated and out of sight. But I would guess all that would be unacceptably controlled to some posters who may have other designs.

Sint Maarten, Curacao, Aruba... government inspected cat houses stuffed with Dominicanas, Colombians, Venezuelans, Guyana, Nica, Tica, etc.....but NO Antilleans. That's the difference. All their honey is of the imported variety. The D.R. is an exporter with more to offer than the foreign markets can bear.

It's easy to control a bunch of foreign guest workers when you're holding onto their passports and have them under contract and quartered in a camp with bars and a fence. Try to corral a bunch of Dominicanas on their home turf? Good luck with that.

Tourists are not the honey. Money is the honey and most of that money has nothing to do with tourists. The Dominican Man in the 10% looking for a side piece is the whale, not the bus driver from the Newark projects on a 5 night vacation.