AMET record system works?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Nope. And I would bet anything that the day (if ever) they get them up and running, they'll be damaged beyond repair in a question of hours... I'm actually surprised they're still there.

per link in my post (#17): El Ministerio de Obras P?blicas y Comunicaciones dej? abandonado 10 medidores de velocidad en las carreteras que conforman el Circuito Vial del Este que abarca las provincias de San Pedro, La Romana y La Altagracia. (...) Los medidores de velocidad que nunca fueron puestos a operar se encuentran, dos en el Boulevard Tur?stico del Este, cuatro en la Autov?a del Coral y otros cuatro distribuidos entre la circunvalaci?n de La Romana, la Autov?a del Este y la circunvalaci?n de San Pedro.

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
Do the fixed speed cameras on the autopista between La Romana and Bavaro work?

Has anyone been copped?

Any idea at what speed over the 100km/hr they are activated?

I have never been copped as you put it and I drive on that part of the highway and also beneath the speed camera near San Pedro at about 120 kmh .. Never have seen them flash either .

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I have never been copped as you put it and I drive on that part of the highway and also beneath the speed camera near San Pedro at about 120 kmh .. Never have seen them flash either .

they can not Flash.
se fue la luz.
they are not mounted, what you see is just the mounts.
the whole system never been installed, never been brought to work.
honestly,
it most likely never will, at least not during this decade.

Mike

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
So... If I take a copy of my infracciones from the 'Consultas infracciones de transito' link that was given above
into a Ban Reservas, can I pay my fines & be clear and free ?..

Anyone know..

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the only way i paid tiol now,
was with the paper from AMET at hand, into banreservas, paid.
i have the same trouble as you with my old 2012 thingy,
which i paid back in the day but have of course no paper anymore for that one.

Mike

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Both times. 2008 & last year 2014 I was let go so thought I had sweet talked (zero cash involved) my way out...
Guess I was wrong as I POP UP immediately in the search... OH Well !!!...

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
So... If I take a copy of my infracciones from the 'Consultas infracciones de transito' link that was given above
into a Ban Reservas, can I pay my fines & be clear and free ?..

Anyone know..

After you pay at BanReservas, you get copies of each payment (The Bank did the copies for me), then you need to go to AMET and present them, they do the computer work and give you a stamped copy back. At least that was how it was in Santiago.

Note: This was with an original ticket.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
After you pay at BanReservas, you get copies of each payment (The Bank did the copies for me), then you need to go to AMET and present them, they do the computer work and give you a stamped copy back. At least that was how it was in Santiago.

Note: This was with an original ticket.

wow.
if thats the usual procedures,
then i know what failed in my cases,
it was myself, as i never presented anything to AMET after payment.
but what fukcing stoneage system is that,
you pay at banreservas, who look up the ticket in the system, they see it in their computer,
and they mark it as paid, because that's the way banres gets paid for their ticket services.
why is there a need to present a paid ticket at a AMET office?
somebody know for certain that this is the must-do procedure?

thanks

Mike

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
It's the procedure in Santiago.

I was the one that had to do it, the bank cashier explained to me the procedure and personally made the copies for me. Even told me where the headquarters was located, even though I already knew.

What payments for government services have you made that you did not take the receipt to the associated government agency ?

Last edited:

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
It's the procedure in Santiago.

I was the one that had to do it, the bank cashier explained to me the procedure and personally made the copies for me. Even told me where the headquarters was located, even though I already knew.

thanks for that tip.
this time i will ask the girlie about it, in case i don't get anything explained automatically.
the last time she just joked around about thekinda ticket i got, without such info.

still,
i have the old ticket open for which i do not have the paper anymore, after 3 1/2 years.
any idea about that one?

Mike

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
thanks for that tip.
this time i will ask the girlie about it, in case i don't get anything explained automatically.
the last time she just joked around about thekinda ticket i got, without such info.

still,
i have the old ticket open for which i do not have the paper anymore, after 3 1/2 years.
any idea about that one?

Mike

My "guess" is you will be paying again, unless you can talk someone into wiping it off the computer.

My previous one for tinted windows is not on the computer, but then I gave them my USA license, not my D.R. license, else I would probably be in the same boat.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
My "guess" is you will be paying again, unless you can talk someone into wiping it off the computer.

My previous one for tinted windows is not on the computer, but then I gave them my USA license, not my D.R. license, else I would probably be in the same boat.

i have no troubles to pay it again,
my question is how to pay the old jan 2012 ticket.
i don't have a ticket for it at hand.
would the banreservas teller look it up in their system with my cedula,
or do they require the paper for the ticket at hand?

Mike

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Note: This was with an original ticket. - That's the key..

I was never issued tickets in either case.

I'll go to the bank, try and pay and see what happens..

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
i have no troubles to pay it again,
my question is how to pay the old jan 2012 ticket.
i don't have a ticket for it at hand.
would the banreservas teller look it up in their system with my cedula,
or do they require the paper for the ticket at hand?

Mike

Last time I tried to pay my fine (about 8 months ago), I was told in Banco de Reservas that I needed the ticket. If I didn't have the ticket, I needed to go to the Amet office in the city where the ticket was issued.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Last time I tried to pay my fine (about 8 months ago), I was told in Banco de Reservas that I needed the ticket. If I didn't have the ticket, I needed to go to the Amet office in the city where the ticket was issued.

thanks Kate,
exactly what i've been told this morning, too.
when i left my girl at school, it was still too early for the bank,
but AMET had their traffick check set up on my way, so i stopped and asked the Guy.
he told me what you stated above, a ride to the office where the ticket been issued.
no way to get it at an other office, like here in Veron.
my ticket in question been issued in Boca Chica in Jan 2012,
wanna bet that they do not have the original/copy of that 3 1/2 years old ticket anymore?
lol
i guess i will just pay my actual ticket, which i have the ticket for,
and simply forget about the old piece of paper,
til one sunny day a AMET wanna talk to me about a old unpaid ticket on my account,
so i will tell him to fine me for that, which get's me a new real paper for it at hand, right?

MIke

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
til one sunny day a AMET wanna talk to me about a old unpaid ticket on my account,
so i will tell him to fine me for that, which get's me a new real paper for it at hand, right?

i thought that one could not renew the licence with unpaid outstanding tickets. have you been through renovation process since 2012 yet?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Pichardo!!!!
you need to run your magic on the use of those "moder" DR High Tech Computer Systems.
how can it be, that one institution types the payment of a ticket in that system,
and at the otha end it does not automatically get marked as paid.
such procedures are NOT anything new to the DR, nor to Ban Reservas.
look on the procedures for renewals of Gun Permits.
you go to BanReservas and pay your renewal,
and right away la Secretaria de Policia y Interior has your payment on their screen/same system, too.
no need to bring a payment receipt to anywhere.
that's what computer systems are made for, to make things easy and simple, to not produce more paperwork for unimportant stuff.
well,
if they use the same kinda experienced compu techs to handle their new Immigrations System,
..... i guess it is not necessary to continue typing
lol

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i thought that one could not renew the licence with unpaid outstanding tickets. have you been through renovation process since 2012 yet?

Haaaa,
Baby, you are da Best.
yes,
the last time i renewed my license, been october 3rd 2013.
ticket been issued jan 2012.
so,
maybe they show tickets in their list for ever, even the paid ones?
or they did not have such system in place 2 years ago,
and now they start it with a million errors in it.
but yes,
my license runs oct3rd 2013 til my BD sept 18th 2017.
i renewed 2 weeks after the expiring date sept 18th,
as i was waiting for the sheduled Feria/mobile center to come to Higuey for renewal.
otherwise i would have needed to ride to la romana for that.
next time it's anyways easier, we have a AMET office for renewals now in Higuey, too.
and licenses can also be renewed at a machine at La Sirena in Higuey.

Mike

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
thanks Kate,
exactly what i've been told this morning, too.
when i left my girl at school, it was still too early for the bank,
but AMET had their traffick check set up on my way, so i stopped and asked the Guy.
he told me what you stated above, a ride to the office where the ticket been issued.
no way to get it at an other office, like here in Veron.
my ticket in question been issued in Boca Chica in Jan 2012,
wanna bet that they do not have the original/copy of that 3 1/2 years old ticket anymore?
lol
i guess i will just pay my actual ticket, which i have the ticket for,
and simply forget about the old piece of paper,

MIke

Sometimes I wish I weren't right on stuff like this... lol A while back they said that eventually fines would be paid at the Procuraduria/Centro de Atencion al Ciudadano. It appears that eventually it'll be centralized to make it easier. I'm waiting til then to pay mine. It was just recently that they established that you couldn't have outstanding fines in order to renew your licence or Dom passport, etc. Makes sense that they would make it easier to pay the darn things.