AMET record system works?

kampinge

Jan 18, 2012
So... If I take a copy of my infracciones from the 'Consultas infracciones de transito' link that was given above
into a Ban Reservas, can I pay my fines & be clear and free ?..

Anyone know..
No its not that easy.Last week I try to get a certificate of conduct to present at the consulate. Normally you get it within 1 hour at the palace de justice in Santiago. My wife got their document. I was told that I have 2 traffic finds one from 2012 (paid same week) and a new one, 1 month old. I remember the last one, I paid 500 peso to that officer. He said ok and took the money. But he reported me.
When asking how to pay the fine they sent me to the Amet headquarters in Santiago to get a ticket to pay my find. In their computer both my finds where registered the old one I paid and the new one. But the old one was not taken away. The lady their explained for me that paying the fee at the bank is NOT enough!!!! YOU MUST TAKE THE RECEIPT FROM THE BANK AND PRESENT IT TO THE AMET HEADQUARTER IN SANTIAGO> Their the take the recipe, register it in their data and give you another receipt. The told my that its take 14 days until the payment will be registered in all their computers and then I can get my paper of good conduct.
So I had to pay the old fee 2 times (because I did not have the recipe of the bank after 3 years) and the new find inside I gave the officer 500 peso.He took the money, but still reporting me, without giving me a paper.
So ALWAYS REGISTER YOUR PAYMENT AT AMET AFTER PAYING otherwise it will NOT disappear.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
No its not that easy.Last week I try to get a certificate of conduct to present at the consulate. Normally you get it within 1 hour at the palace de justice in Santiago. My wife got their document. I was told that I have 2 traffic finds one from 2012 (paid same week) and a new one, 1 month old. I remember the last one, I paid 500 peso to that officer. He said ok and took the money. But he reported me.
When asking how to pay the fine they sent me to the Amet headquarters in Santiago to get a ticket to pay my find. In their computer both my finds where registered the old one I paid and the new one. But the old one was not taken away. The lady their explained for me that paying the fee at the bank is NOT enough!!!! YOU MUST TAKE THE RECEIPT FROM THE BANK AND PRESENT IT TO THE AMET HEADQUARTER IN SANTIAGO> Their the take the recipe, register it in their data and give you another receipt. The told my that its take 14 days until the payment will be registered in all their computers and then I can get my paper of good conduct.
So I had to pay the old fee 2 times (because I did not have the recipe of the bank after 3 years) and the new find inside I gave the officer 500 peso.He took the money, but still reporting me, without giving me a paper.
So ALWAYS REGISTER YOUR PAYMENT AT AMET AFTER PAYING otherwise it will NOT disappear.

yes, that's the procedure i reported about earlier on this topic.
after paying the fine at the bank you have to present the receipt of payment at a AMET Office.
i also had a years old fine still stuck in their system which i paid back in the day but did not know about the procedure to present the receipt to AMET Office.
i paid both my fines, presented the receipts at their office, been told they should be out of the system iwithin 10 days or such.
months later i remembered that thingy and checked online, both fines been still there.
the last time i checked been some months ago, still both been there.
i have to move my azz to their office to complain about that again.
that you do not get a good conduct paper anymore with open fines is new to me,
that's a real p.i.t.azz for sure.

thanks for the update

Mike

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
Not sure if this has been answered yet, but does AMET have a mechanism to make us pay for tickets given on our foreign license, or are we still free to throw the tickets out the window?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Not sure if this has been answered yet, but does AMET have a mechanism to make us pay for tickets given on our foreign license, or are we still free to throw the tickets out the window?

good question.
i would guess that such ticket is on your passport number then instead of the cedula number.
on cedulas it's obviously registered with the system, like shown on the good conduct papers,
i have no idea how it's done with a passport.

Mike

gray

Apr 11, 2013
I saw this post and thought hey i should look up my cedula number ! Umm guess what i have an infraction. Amet stopped me one day and asked for papers i tried to talk my way out of it and i thought it worked ! Obviously i am the foolish one . They didnt give me the paperwork just gave me my cedula back and said go. Scoundrals!

Gray

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I saw this post and thought hey i should look up my cedula number ! Umm guess what i have an infraction. Amet stopped me one day and asked for papers i tried to talk my way out of it and i thought it worked ! Obviously i am the foolish one . They didnt give me the paperwork just gave me my cedula back and said go. Scoundrals!

Gray

Gray,
what's the infraction?
does it state driving without license or red light violation or such?

Mike

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic

Gray

I had to sign mine!
If yours isn't signed (by you) I think it has no value.

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
til now i also had to sign the ones i got.
but once it is in the system, even without your signature,
would there be a reasonable way to appeal it?

Mike

Probably not...
You could ask them to show the actual ticket with your signature...
But this is the DR, everything is "different". :D

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Probably not...
You could ask them to show the actual ticket with your signature...
But this is the DR, everything is "different". :D

that's right.
and to see a actual ticket with your signature you would need to travel to the AMET station in the area where you got fined.
in my case the few tickets i got been all out of my home-area.
heck, here on the home-turf they know me and i would not get a ticket for anything, lol.

Mike

gray

Apr 11, 2013
Its going the wrong way on a one way. I pretty sure the road turns from 2 way to one way with no signs posted . And now that i know this i always see amet standing there catching people ( gringos) . By the way this is in La Romana

Gray

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Its going the wrong way on a one way. I pretty sure the road turns from 2 way to one way with no signs posted . And now that i know this i always see amet standing there catching people ( gringos) . By the way this is in La Romana

Gray

haha
exactly.
and we all know what it is:
it is the dominican way of handling their traffic and extra incomes.
it doesn't matter if we like it or not, it just is as it is.
as the guest in the country we have to accept it the way foreigners have to accept the local crazyness when they visit our countries.
on one opoint i disagree:
it is not just Gringos,
they get their "feed" for most part from their fellow countrymen.
maybe in smaller bills at a time, but more often per day.
by own experience i would say a Gringo locally known/blended into the 'hood,
has it easier to talk himself/herself out of a situation than the locals.
sure i guess the location/'hood make's a big difference on such.
in bigger cities like La Romana or to be in the Capital will make it impossible to blend in/be part of their 'hood i guess.

Mike