*** Appliance, Furniture & Stuff Pricing ***

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Carrefour had a selection of massage tables, I bought one there. I think you can also get them in La Sirena (at least the one in Mella) and in Plaza Lama, but the ones in Carrefour were the best. I think you can find things like that on Corotos easily as well if you are happy to buy secondhand, massage places are always closing down and opening.

SrSuerte

May 31, 2009
i bought a washer for 250 a sofa hand made with two chairs and small table 300. the refrigerator cost 1000 but was paid in payments.
The refrigerator is probably the item that I am most interested in minus the stove top for cooking.

What is the brand/size/characteristics of the refrigerator?

Marie Caprio

Aug 20, 2016
Hi, looking for prices on two items:

Bed (Queen size, with mattress and box spring)
Wooden Table, with 4 chairs

What would be an estimated price for these, if they are of medium to good quality? I would most likely buy these in Cotui (Sanchez Ramirez)

Thanks

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
To many variables in your questions.

That said, a basic mattress 15 to 20 thousand.
Wooden tables with 4chairs?????
6 to 100,000 pesos depending on the wood and craftsman ship!
Go online to "diario Libre virtual, and see their adds.

Cccccccc

Carlospaisa

Aug 31, 2017
Does anybody know if  I can find hotplates or toaster -oven on this batiful island?  I dont want to by a bulky oven. Hotplates (electric or gas powered) are my preference. 

Thanks to anyone that responds. A used hotplate is fine also.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
you can find both. toaster ovens are particularily popular and every large store carries a selection.

Carlospaisa

Aug 31, 2017
Thank you for the replies.  I just noticed all of those typos that I sent. This browser I'm using skips frames when I type. Thanks again for the responses.

Toma un buen día!

MoeSweet

Sep 28, 2017
Hi I'm Moses, just arrived here in Santo Domingo from Dallas, Texas. I found that at the moment La Sirena has the best deal on a 24,000 BTU 220V split unit air conditioner with installation for 32k pesos. Seems like there are some good choices on washers and dryers on corotos, mercado libre and la pulga. They're easy enough to repair and repairs are supper cheap here. If you can't find a handy man that does repairs the Radiocentro has a repair shop but I believe you have to take the unit in. They're located off 27 in Santo Domingo, like 4 blocks from Caribe Tours. Also, I've been shopping heavily for a small pick up truck. I have qualifieda few great deals as I have mechanical experience. If you're looking for one, I don't mind passing on the info at no charge. Most are here in Santo Domingo but the best deals are elsewhere. My range is about $8k U.S. or about $450k pesos for 2007-2009 model Isuzu, Mazda, Ford Sport Trac, and a couple generic Jap knock offs. Ill just pass on the link so you can see the advertisement yourself
I've already driven and checked out a few.

Last edited by a moderator: