ARAJET

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Amazing, just booked a Flight to Toronto without any bags etc both ways to stay one night (11.11-12.11) in toronto for 204.48$US.
This is real fun.

• Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Don't be so negative. I used them several times already to go to colombia. They are as goor or bad than any other airline.
Right. Good for you, you stand your ground!

A budget airline is just a frog hair from an engine failure, hydraulic failure, a bad flap or tail fin. One thing for sure, there'll be someone there to film it for febu. Happy Flying!

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
Right. Good for you, you stand your ground!

A budget airline is just a frog hair from an engine failure, hydraulic failure, a bad flap or tail fin. One thing for sure, there'll be someone there to film it for febu. Happy Flying!
well.... statistics are not really supporting your view;

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Airbus sells the cheapest tin can (A320) to all the budget airlines. They use substandard old planes also like the death trap MD80. A budget airline can offer 50 dollar one way tickets.. how? By paying the lowest wages in the industry, including young, inexperienced pilots and maintenance crew that smokes weed instead of eating breakfast

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have a friend who follows DR1 but refuses to get 'embroiled'
Every once in a while he comments
=========================================

Some people are prejudicial against anything non American.

Delta, Jet Blue and American fly Airbus 320s.

Arajet fly new American made Boeing 737 Max 8, 3 years old and maintained by a top Canadian company.

The max 8 are highly fuel efficient and the pilots experienced mukti nationals.

Arajet is low cost but offers 3 ticket fares from basic through comfort to extra.

All US carriers now charge for luggage and priority services as extras.

The US carriers would learn something by checking out Latam as well as Arajet and the modern efficient low cost to full service they offer.

Frankly new quiet fuel efficient aircraft puts Arajet ahead of the competition out of DR. Personally I opt for the Extra full price ticket which is still cheap with priority check in and boarding, in bags in hold and cabin, seat selection up front and 3 flight changes free.

That price to Canada is a steal.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Airbus sells the cheapest tin can (A320) to all the budget airlines. They use substandard old planes also like the death trap MD80. A budget airline can offer 50 dollar one way tickets.. how? By paying the lowest wages in the industry, including young, inexperienced pilots and maintenance crew that smokes weed instead of eating breakfast
Mr. Positive strikes again.

Jan 9, 2004
Pros and Cons of Arajet at this juncture;

Pros:

1. Flight costs
2. Newer fleet

Cons:

1. As an ULCC they are a la carte.....add bags, pay a fee, need a snack or non alcoholic beverage pay a fee, want a certain seat, pay a fee, etc.
2. Limited Fleet size..... No airline alliances in case of cancelled/stranded flights.
3. Limited schedule service areas.
4. Less experienced Captains/First Officers

With only 5 current planes and their current long haul route schedule..........one hiccup and you could potentially be stranded.

If money is your main driver, they offer, at least for now, good value. How long they can last operationally losing money with loss leader fares is anyone's guess.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: keepcoming

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend again.... whose interest in travel has been rejuvenated by Arajet....
=======================================================

The more people that understand that Arajet is no budget airline rather a low cost carrier with new efficient aircraft offering 3 classes of ticket; Smart, Comfort and Extra.

I like Extra for about $100 extra each way to Lima.

Already been to Ecuador and recently Peru and planning to go back to Peru, Bolivia and maybe Chile next year but probably to Guatemala – Antigua and the best Mayan ruins at Tikal – early next year first.

Jan 9, 2004
My friend again.... whose interest in travel has been rejuvenated by Arajet....
=======================================================

The more people that understand that Arajet is no budget airline rather a low cost carrier with new efficient aircraft offering 3 classes of ticket; Smart, Comfort and Extra.

I like Extra for about $100 extra each way to Lima.

Already been to Ecuador and recently Peru and planning to go back to Peru, Bolivia and maybe Chile next year but probably to Guatemala – Antigua and the best Mayan ruins at Tikal – early next year first.
Arajet is a ULCC (Ultra Low Cost Carrier) not a LCC (Low Cost Carrier). The difference is the add on fees are greater with an ULCC.........

Delta, American United are examples of legacy carriers that sevice the DR (higher prices, broader service areas etc)

Southwest* and Jetblue would be examples of low cost carriers that service the DR.

Spirit and Arajet are examples of ultra low cost carriers that service the DR.

* Note that Southwest is the only carrier that does not charge for checked bags (2).

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Not sure I would fly Arajet. One of the reasons is what Playa stated, no alliance. At a time when cancellations, delays, etc...are happening more frequently, it is important (at least to me) when flying to have options just in case.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
New promotion:

387156353_337399112167543_6434989931479302677_n.jpg

386723983_337399115500876_2216125623805735703_n.jpg

387009887_337399108834210_7263896907187652295_n.jpg