ARAJET

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They were talking about cutting taxes in half but never got further.
Not surprised they never got further. How can the government cut the taxes for Arajet and not for other airlines?

What does the one-way flight from MEX back to SDQ cost? I'll bet probably less than $169.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Curious if anyone on DR1 has flown on Arajet? Sorry if I missed seeing any post that someone did.
I posted my friend's experience earlier
=======================================

Arrived back yesterday from Quito on Arajet. The return journey involves stop at Guayaquil. The day trip being SDQ - Quito - Guayaquil - SDQ.

Again the flight was excellent with good crew and South African captain and on time throughout again. This time maybe 35% full.

One snag. I booked using Expedia and through Hahn Air and that caused problems for the check in staff at both ends. It was very quickly sorted at SDQ but took an agonizing one hour at Quito airport.

Simple lesson book direct with Arajet and don’t use a portal ticketing through Hahn Air.

Found this article on Arajet from 6 months ago which is an interesting read:

https://simpleflying.com/exclusive-...f dreamers,Dorado International Airport (BOG).

Ecuador is clearly a super yet under publicized destination (apart from Galapagos). 3 full days was fantastic in the high Andes and a perfect taster for more including Amazonia.

Reactions: cavok

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My friend passed this along
Very important to some
—————————

Arajet insist you have residency or citizenship and check that when you check in for your return journey. Otherwise you need a return or onward ticket from DR.

It is not useful for overstayers as a result.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
blob:https://web.whatsapp.com/bcb51aa8-33bf-4089-a68c-d51130c83374
Very important to some
—————————

Arajet insist you have residency or citizenship and check that when you check in for your return journey. Otherwise you need a return or onward ticket from DR.

Or you can pay $16 and use this. Works like a charm. Other places a bit cheaper. My friend uses this place..........

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Not surprised they never got further. How can the government cut the taxes for Arajet and not for other airlines?

What does the one-way flight from MEX back to SDQ cost? I'll bet probably less than $169.
Remember Arajet has a low cost model and if you do not know how they works makes you think like that, first the very cheap prices are for a limited amount of seat and that price only let you take a personal item with you with 13 pounds and must be placed under the seat, so no all airline seats are sell at the same price. You have diferent price for each seat, plus all other extras that the airline sell bedside the seat price.

I booked to travel with Arajet to Sao Paulo when they open sales to the new destination, the price for s 17.98eat with a personal item I catched was 190.30 USD$ now lets go with the Breakdown and extras:

SDQ-GRU - 95.15
GRU-SDQ- 95.15
SUB TOTAL 190.30

ONE WAY STDR SEAT 11.00
2 WAY CARRY ON 79.98
2 WAY GO FAST (Priority) 17.98
TRAVEL ASSIST ROUND TRIP 14.00
SUB TOTAL 122.96

TAXES
DR - 142.58
BR - 10.00
SUB TOTAL 152.58

TOTAL: 465.84

As you can see if you are traveling only with a personal item with 12 pounds is very cheap, at the end I paid 313.26 + Taxes , Food on board its also for sales, the prices are good, a sandwich that cost you at the supermarket 95.00 pesos they sell it for 200.00.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Remember Arajet has a low cost model and if you do not know how they works makes you think like that, first the very cheap prices are for a limited amount of seat and that price only let you take a personal item with you with 13 pounds and must be placed under the seat, so no all airline seats are sell at the same price. You have diferent price for each seat, plus all other extras that the airline sell bedside the seat price.

I booked to travel with Arajet to Sao Paulo when they open sales to the new destination, the price for s 17.98eat with a personal item I catched was 190.30 USD$ now lets go with the Breakdown and extras:

SDQ-GRU - 95.15
GRU-SDQ- 95.15
SUB TOTAL 190.30

ONE WAY STDR SEAT 11.00
2 WAY CARRY ON 79.98
2 WAY GO FAST (Priority) 17.98
TRAVEL ASSIST ROUND TRIP 14.00
SUB TOTAL 122.96

TAXES
DR - 142.58
BR - 10.00
SUB TOTAL 152.58

TOTAL: 465.84

As you can see if you are traveling only with a personal item with 12 pounds is very cheap, at the end I paid 313.26 + Taxes , Food on board its also for sales, the prices are good, a sandwich that cost you at the supermarket 95.00 pesos they sell it for 200.00.
I'll bet that's still a very reasonable price. What would a Brazilian carrier charge for the same round-trip?

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I'll bet that's still a very reasonable price. What would a Brazilian carrier charge for the same round-trip?
Before Arajet announced will fly to Sao Paulo I was checking with Copa and they was charging 647.00 dollars and 12 hrs travel time, if you wanted 10 hrs travel time then the price jumped over 800.00, now that Arajet will start to fly they dropped prices and opened the box for lowest fares and now cost 467.00 dollars if you catch the lowest prices. Avianca still keep it arrond 967.00 dollars, and from Punta Cana with Gol the price is arround 900.00 dollars too. Arajet also will connect Sao Paulo with Cancún and Mexico City, I took a look to the prices and Copa, Aeromexico and Latam all ot them dropped their prices, cheapest price for Arajet in the dates I checked was 474.00 dollars and Copa, Aeromexico and Latam was 450.00 dollars.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Very important to some
—————————

EVERY airline is required to do this.

Many are lax about it.

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
The Junta de Av

The Junta de Aviacion Civil sent a notificacion to all airlines traveling here that must require return ticket to none residentes travelers to DR
That explains why after over 50 one way flights to the DR on American Airlines and NEVER being asked I have been asked the last two times I flew into the DR.

Reactions: windeguy

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
As a former airline employee, it has always been the rule. If you are not a resident/citizen of the country which you are traveling to, then a return/onward ticket is required. Winde is correct in saying some are just lax about enforcing the rule.

Reactions: windeguy and cavok

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I flew to DR 2 weeks ago for 6 day and I bought one way tix on AA and they never bother asking me for return ticket then when I got to DR, I immediate bough jetblue tix back. All good

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Arajet just opened sales to fly Toronto, starting October 24th, the route will start also connecting with Medellin in Colombia. Prices start with 86.00 dollars each way plus taxes Smart fare.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
IMG_4835.jpeg

Good to see they put the accent in the correct A. Nowadays many Dominicans pronounce it as in English (Cánada) instead of the correct way in Spanish (Canadá).

Well, Arajet is probably beginning to look more interesting to expats. One down, how many more to go?

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
View attachment 8017

Good to see they put the accent in the correct A. Nowadays many Dominicans pronounce it as in English (Cánada) instead of the correct way in Spanish (Canadá).

Well, Arajet is probably beginning to look more interesting to expats. One down, how many more to go?
Toronto will connect with Sao Paulo, Aruba, Curacao, Saint Marteen, Cartagena, Medellín and Kingston.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
NALs posted in another thread that additional scrutiny is being put on the maintenance of DR airlines and they could potentially lose their authorization to fly to the USA if irregularities are found and they could lose that ability for many years.

Stay tuned for that in about a month. I would not purchase tickets very far out if you are going to the USA.