Artist Cascati Arrested

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I spoke this morning with someone this morning (foreign, not Dominican) who works for Armando. He said to forget what you hear on the street. 10% is true and the rest is just talk.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Where is Armando now?

I spoke this morning with someone this morning (foreign, not Dominican) who works for Armando. He said to forget what you hear on the street. 10% is true and the rest is just talk.

Sure.

What about the newspaper reports then?
Has he been deported?

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Residency Revoked?

Some newspaper reports also carry rumours.

One is that the Italian authorities wanted Casciati extradited.
Apresan empresario Armando Casciati en Sos?a, lo trasladan a Santo Domingo | periodicoelfaro.com.do

Casciati's wife said, her husband was handcuffed and mistreated by members of 'Migraci?n' without explanation.
Allegedly Armando's residency was revoked by the General DA, Doctor Francisco Dom?nguez Brito, a measure which Armando's laywers have been trying to be reversed.
Acusan agentes de Migraci?n de maltrato a inversionistas italiano

donP

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Sure.

What about the newspaper reports then?
Has he been deported?

donP

I have less faith in the accuracy of newspaper reports than you seem to have, especially in the early days.

Let's wait a few days and see how this shakes out.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
[video=youtube;UCbSH23NiJ8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCbSH23NiJ8[/video]

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
this post....I erased it as what I posted was just a repetition of previous posts. Some of you are a lot quicker on the keyboard!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
He just got behind in his "Payments" so the "Gobierno" is squeezing him to get their take.
He'll be back in Sosua as soon as this "Mistake" is taken care of!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Armando's Promise

He'll be back in Sosua as soon as this "Mistake" is taken care of!!!!!

This could very well be... ;)

On the other hand Armando said, he would leave the country voluntarily and never come back.... :rolleyes:

As I believe, that Armando is a man of honour he will undoubtedly stick to his promise, right?

donP

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
My only concern is about what will happen to the Platinum gym that he owns if he does leave. I would hate to see it close.

Feb 7, 2007
Strange that in 25 years of his DR residency he did not produce offspring here ... with that, he could not have been deported.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Strange that in 25 years of his DR residency he did not produce offspring here ... with that, he could not have been deported.

The length of his stay in the DR is reported differently (between 10 and 25 years...).
Offspring?
Well, he could have children with his Italian wife, could he not?

donP

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Dominican-Italian Rivalry

This video shows that the Dominican "entertainment businessmen" did not like the Italian.

[video=youtube;CoUsRC3SYOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoUsRC3SYOk[/video]

donP

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
It certainly looks like they are rounding up every single gringo in Sosua who's ever ran an establishment where the majority
of the customers were prostitutes and johns with the sole purpose of deporting them.

Lets see, first the grabbed Peter at Passion's (is he still here or did he run yet?) Then there was the German guy from
CMP who was going to "fight the charges", I think it safe to say he lost that fight. Afterwards the grabbed Bobby. Isn't this
the same guy who hung a huge sign out front of Rumba that said "I pay my bills and want all of you to know?" The big boss
come along and made him move the sign a few weeks later. Now this guy, Cascati has been arrested and most likely
deported? Well I'll be damned. Not too many left to go after. I guess Big Herman will be next? Or who knows, maybe
immigration has their sights set on Ad who runs Rancho Tipico. Although he may end up getting a pass simply because
most of the girls in his bar aren't Dominican.

Who would of thought such a small section of such a small town would garner so much attention from so many people?
The one thing all of these gringos have in common is, it appears at some point each and everyone of them forgot they
were guest in this country, nothing more, nothing less.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
holy cow....how long has this guy been in d.r.? about 6-7 years ago about 50 (ladies) left d.r. for many different destinations at just about once...spain,italy, iran,iraq, columbia etc all countries where all you need is a destination and $ and passport...it was said that these ladies were the tops of their trade....he was an artist of some sort....

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
holy cow....how long has this guy been in d.r.? about 6-7 years ago about 50 (ladies) left d.r. for many different destinations at just about once...spain,italy, iran,iraq, columbia etc all countries where all you need is a destination and $ and passport...it was said that these ladies were the tops of their trade....he was an artist of some sort....

Indeed, you need " a destination and $ and passport" to travel just about anywhere. Just out of curiosity
can you tell me which countries I can travel to without $ and a passport?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It certainly looks like they are rounding up every single gringo in Sosua who's ever ran an establishment where the majority
of the customers were prostitutes and johns with the sole purpose of deporting them.

Lets see, first the grabbed Peter at Passion's (is he still here or did he run yet?) Then there was the German guy from
CMP who was going to "fight the charges", I think it safe to say he lost that fight. Afterwards the grabbed Bobby. Isn't this
the same guy who hung a huge sign out front of Rumba that said "I pay my bills and want all of you to know?" The big boss
come along and made him move the sign a few weeks later. Now this guy, Cascati has been arrested and most likely
deported? Well I'll be damned. Not too many left to go after. I guess Big Herman will be next? Or who knows, maybe
immigration has their sights set on Ad who runs Rancho Tipico. Although he may end up getting a pass simply because
most of the girls in his bar aren't Dominican.

Who would of thought such a small section of such a small town would garner so much attention from so many people?
The one thing all of these gringos have in common is, it appears at some point each and everyone of them forgot they

I hate to say it, but PICHARDO predicted this will happen. It is part of the attempted clean up of the image of the DR. Having it reduce the competition for locals who own businesses only makes this happen more quickly. I don't expect it will matter where the girls are from.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
. . . Having it reduce the competition for locals who own businesses only makes this happen more quickly. . . .

It will really be a great destination when all the tourist joints are owned and run by Dominicans. Non-flushing toilets, leatherette seats torn, staffed with primos and chopettes who are always on the phone . . .

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

They had plenty of advance warning, but they didn't believe it would happen to them. They thought there would be some noise, they would have to pay a few people, then back to normal.

(And if you read back through past threads you will find that a large number of DR1ers thought the same.)