at least four deaths in plane accident in punta cana

hansvanputten

Apr 24, 2015
Thank you for your condolences.

Normally the locals know more then the official ambassy or other boards will tell. So it was worth to try.

I will check this forum now and then to check for new information. So please post if there is.

For now we are focusing to get her home.

Thanks again.

Hans van Putten

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
i can understand that no one is sure about the bodies because they were collection one leg here and one hand there, when i left the
scene, there were guts scattered all over the base of the mango tree with the ribs! They were labelling the victims with numbers. Just one victim was full rest all other victims were all over the place.

i guess you answered my question!!!!!!!

Krishna Duddukuri

Feb 6, 2015
WHY ON EARTH, would you take them in the first place, and then want to post them on the internet??????
Are Indians as fascinated by dead bodies as dominicans are?????????????

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Criss with CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC, keyboard malfunction.
That happened right behind my house. Curiosity. Us humans are born with it. Why did i take pictures? Well you never know to whom it might be Useful. I actually deleted them off my phone once i posted them on the net, also couple of forum members wanted to see. mmmmm Are indians fascinated by dead bodies? Well birth and death is the cycle of life. Why should we be scared of death?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It shows a complete lack of respect for the dead, and their right to privacy.
Why do you think that it is customary to cover the dead with a sheet?
Many times family members look to DR1 for information regarding their loved ones,they don't want to see the "body parts, and "ribs" of family members.
You will fit in just fine with Dominicans, they can watch dead bodies for hours, the more blood, the better they like it!!!!!!!!

YOU, "deleted them from your phone, "AFTER" you posted them on the net"?????????????????
"A couple of forum members wanted to see them"?????????????????
WELL, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now I understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT NEWS, now no one can steal your phone and look at the pictures!!!!!!!

I don't think I will be eating ANYTHING at your restaurant!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Criss with CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC, keyboard malfunction.
That happened right behind my house. Curiosity. Us humans are born with it. Why did i take pictures? Well you never know to whom it might be Useful. I actually deleted them off my phone once i posted them on the net, also couple of forum members wanted to see. mmmmm Are indians fascinated by dead bodies? Well birth and death is the cycle of life. Why should we be scared of death?

Yes death is part of the cycle of life as you say however posting photos of such a horrible accident is not necessary. Some would choose to remember their loved ones as they were not seeing pieces of them posted on a forum. I do not think that is being scared of death but rather being respectful.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Interesting how this terrible crash has had zero follow up in the DR media? Still no speculation or answers on the cause?
There was a similar crash in Atlanta a few weeks ago, and much more follow up from the authorities.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
First and Last

Interesting how this terrible crash has had zero follow up in the DR media? Still no speculation or answers on the cause?

This might be the first and last report about the accident:
IDAC // IDAC PRESENT? INFORME PRELIMINAR ACCIDENTE AVIONETA Y LA CIAA DAR? INFORME FINAL - IDAC

You see, they do not like to talk about those things... :rolleyes:

A final report should be expected from:
Inicio - Junta de Aviaci?n Civil (JAC)

[Comisi?n Investigadora de Accidentes de Aviaci?n Civil]

donP

Last edited:

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
IDAC // IDAC PRESENT? INFORME PRELIMINAR ACCIDENTE AVIONETA Y LA CIAA DAR? INFORME FINAL - IDAC

donP

That preliminary report was posted on 21st Apr, a day after the accident.

I for one would like to know what position the fuel selector lever was in. Speaking to a few people who have experience with the Cherokee Six, it has been known to taxi and take off with the lever in the wing tip tanks and not the mains. Fuel in the tip tanks runs out and your engine coughs. A plausible explanation as to why it crashed so soon after take off. However avoidable if correct checklist and CRM procedures were followed.

Jan 9, 2004

donP

Too early for any final report.

The engine, a Lycoming, normally is sent to the manufacturer to rule in or out mechanical failure.

They, aviation authorities, then concentrate on forensics....positions of switches/gear levers/pilot communications/ fuel records/maintenance records/eyewitness accounts, etc. to help determine if there was any pilot error.

Could still be awhile yet.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

keesvanputten

Jun 21, 2017
Hello Krishna ,

I am the father off Anouk van Putten , and as i read you made pictures/movies on the accident site. Due the lack of information by IDAC/JAC we have just little information , we like to see ALL pictures of the accident if you still have them .

keesvanputten

Jun 21, 2017
Hello Playacarbi2 , After 14 months IDAC presented a report which can go to the garbage bucket. After this report we had made an own independ report made by Airtraffic surveyers based on the facts we had. We can talk about man slaughter because the 7th seat inside the plane in CLUB SEAT configuration was illegal, because of this change from forward facing seats to culb seat version the Centre of gravity dramaticly changed to the Aft. Their for when the engine stopped ( due a faillure of the pilot) the plane came in a stall and never had a chance for a "normal "emergency landing , the total time in the air was only 4 minutes and it came to an altitude of only 800ft , aftr 60 seconds it crashed on the golfresort.
Grupo pinero is the main responsible company for this accident .

Jan 9, 2004
Hello Playacarbi2 , After 14 months IDAC presented a report which can go to the garbage bucket. After this report we had made an own independ report made by Airtraffic surveyers based on the facts we had. We can talk about man slaughter because the 7th seat inside the plane in CLUB SEAT configuration was illegal, because of this change from forward facing seats to culb seat version the Centre of gravity dramaticly changed to the Aft. Their for when the engine stopped ( due a faillure of the pilot) the plane came in a stall and never had a chance for a "normal "emergency landing , the total time in the air was only 4 minutes and it came to an altitude of only 800ft , aftr 60 seconds it crashed on the golfresort.
Grupo pinero is the main responsible company for this accident .

I cannot imagine the pain you feel in your heart.....but again let me offer my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

While I do not have either report to review, I can only offer what I know about this type of aircraft.

It can come configured with all front facing seats or club seating. A seventh seat was an option offered by the manufacturer. However, I am not aware that any added optional 7th seat to a Club seating configuration is illegal.

More often than not, pilot error is usually a contributory cause in crashes involving smaller planes.....as well as lack of proper maintenance....particularly in third world countries that lack the resources or will or both to force /maintenance/inspection compliance.

There are also other pilots who post on DR1, some very familiar with PUJ airport procedures/protocols etc., so if you have any questions, I am sure they would be more than willing to try and provide answers.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Very sorry for the loss of your Son Mr Keesvanputten...
sincerest Condolences .. Hopefully the passage of time will help to ease your pain somewhat.