bella vista armored car heist

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well, murderers and rapists are normally from regular families, people are individuals and have individual characters and values. or a lack of thereof, at times.

and besides, you don't really know what is going on in those "good families". abuse, verbal and physical violence, lack of love, strictly enforced discipline, lack of respect - you do not know what's going on behind the closed doors. it's foolish to claim we really know others and the lives they lead.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
last night danilo ordered to do "all that is necessary" to stop percival's criminal group.
http://www.elcaribe.com.do/2016/12/...ordquo-para-detener-banda-john-percival-matos
less than 24 hours later...
http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...-en-el-que-cayo-john-percival-matos-EJ5847611

if only they could be this effective with other criminals.

My guess is that someone in the Gov. knew where he was all the time but now the heat got too hot or the money got right.

There are no secrets here.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I don't know if I'd call that a good family. I thought he was considered kind of a lose cannon and has defended his son a little too much

Sep 4, 2012
They have money and position (being/mingle with a General is a big deal for some folks) thus in DR they might just be a "good" family?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The video is very gory. Classic police extra judicial execution. It's a Bonnie and Clyde massacre of Percival Mateo in his car. Complete with automatic weapons, hordes of police. Entire countryside rushes to see what's going on. One cop in the video is shown hiding behind a wall, bullet proof vest, armed with a handgun and he peeks out from time to time while auto gun fire is going on. Never fires a shot. While it's good to see the police being effective this is an out and out murder.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The video is very gory. Classic police extra judicial execution. It's a Bonnie and Clyde massacre of Percival Mateo in his car. Complete with automatic weapons, hordes of police. Entire countryside rushes to see what's going on. One cop in the video is shown hiding behind a wall, bullet proof vest, armed with a handgun and he peeks out from time to time while auto gun fire is going on. Never fires a shot. While it's good to see the police being effective this is an out and out murder.

His father is calling it an execution, he's not going to go away quietly.

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias...i-y-quiere-hablar-con-el-presidente-KG5866628

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Dead men protect their colleagues.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
They really LIT that Dude up..
I almost felt sorry for him, but then I saw the security Video of him in the bank, where he fires off his AR15 style weapon.. Could have killed innocent people.

Robbing a Bank is one thing.. Shooting up a Bank, now you are human Garbage cuz there are innocent people in there , maybe kids even with their parents trying to take out money to buy Groceries ..
Live by the sword , die by the sword..

Where did you see Automatic Weapons being used, what Video ?
.. I neither saw nor heard any such thing .. and Im pretty sure u could count all 90 or so shots from the videos , so i dont see how this is possible
because THAT would be cause for concern ..IF it actually happened .

Last edited:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
There were innocent people at the cabana where the police shot the robber. A good measure of a civilized society is in how they treat their very worst. I do not believe there is such a thing as human garbage. The fact that a robber does not show concern for innocent bystanders does not license the police to behave the same way. The robber is killed in a cabana driveway inside the gated secure area. Civilized societies have rules, policies and procedures for the police. Protection of innocent bystanders should be a priority. This criminal was in a fenced and gated secure compound. There was no escape and no need to have a wild careless shoot out. Lengthy video is on Facebook and utube.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I'm still confused about these Automatic weapons, can you show a link to the video you are referencing ?
As I understood it , about 90 shots were fired. From various handguns and some Rifles , all shots clearly heard..
Did not hear any automatic weapon Fire.

the rest of what you say I can certainly appreciate as your personal Opinion ..

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Zoom, before the shootout they evacuated the cabana rooms one by one.*

Jd426, my husband says it was semi-auto fire.*

He was obviously was set up by his cohorts, since the police moved in as soon as the others left, and knew exactly which room he was in * *

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Glad to hear the cabana was evacuated. This particular cabana is very nice. Stayed there many times rather than hotel in Bonao. May have well been semi auto fire. Criminals car looked like swiss cheese. They certainly could have captured this guy but appear to make no effort. The cabana is completely enclosed. There was no where to run. Certainly looks like a planned execution. Wife said the president ordered dead or alive. Anyone know if this is true?
.a