Best American Style Breakfast in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
And two years ago we also had a party at Eddies - it happens, you know. I like the Marco Pit for breakfast. I even like the name you suggest! It sure is much more fun than other places.

Last edited by a moderator:

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
Oh jeez - puleez people, get over it. Everybody has a right to their opinion. This person had a bad experience .... not the first time and not the last. As far as I'm concerned I'd rather go to Rocky's and hang out with the people that feel at home there than with the people who don't. Those who don't like it, please, don't go there! There are plenty who like it just the way it is ....

Stay well,
Amy

P.S. See you on Thursday Marc!! :classic: (I'll bring it, I'll bring it!!)

Michael

Jan 25, 2002
I am not sure if its the best but when I am in BC I always eat at the Garant. Fresh, Hot, Minimal wait and healthy servings

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Morua Mia best Breakfast in Sosua

Hello Toronto Rick... why don't you try Morua Mai accross the street from La Roca .. Breakfast is great at just under 100 pesos and served all day. I have tried the other restaurants mentioned here and will only eat at Morua Mai. Alexandra and her staff are so friendly. The place is clean and there are no dogs. Another good place is Baileys. For coffee or a snack The Cuban Coffee shop is good.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Don't forget that unlike Rocky's, La Rocha, Baileys the folks at Morua Mai add on the tax. So the prices are not nearly as good as they sound

Bob K

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The Cuban coffee shop has the best chocolate cake on the North Coast. Morua Mai will add 26% to the bill, thus a higher price than the other restaurants mentioned.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Will Be In Sosua on the 24th!I Will Eat "B-Fast" At "La Roca"

And tell you if it better than "Rocky's" or not!.I know it can't beat the "Family" atmosphere at "Rocky's"!
So when you go into Rocky's don't just sit there! Go up to someone and ask to share a table,buy them a "drink",ask them where they are from."Break-The-Ice"!Pet the dogs! "PET" Marco! "He DOES BITE!:lick: "Sniff his butt!:cry:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

After re-reading some posts,I think that some people are looking for a "Self-fulfilling Prophecy".They "GET" just what they were looking for!

Besides,"Rocky,s" puts a WEB CAM on me so I can be admired around the WORLD!

Last edited:

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Criss Colon said:
And tell you if it beter than "Rocky's" or not!.I know it can't beat the "Family" atmosphere at "Rocky's"!
So when you go into Rocky's don't just sit there! Go up to someone and ask to share a table,buy them a "drink",ask them where they are from."Break-The-Ice"!Pet the dogs! "PET" Marco! "He DOES BITE!:lick: "Sniff his butt!:cry:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

At Rockies you see people at maybe 4 -8 tables. Chances are, 90% of them are DR1 people.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
I ALWAYS eat breakfast at Rockys when I am in Sosua because I like the food and love the atmosphere. However, over the Thanksgiving weekend, I will go with CC to la Roca one day to give it a try. The other two mornings, I will eat at Rockys. You just cant beat the bottomless cup of coffee!

Larry

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
I've had breakfast at both places, la Roca serves excellent food, but doesn't have a 'social' atmosphere. Also they have two menus, one for the locals, and one for the tourists.

Rocky's also serves a decent breakfast, the up side is that Rocky's has an excellent atmosphere. People share information, plans for the day, upcoming events etc.

When I was there last year someone nick named us 'the breakfast club.' the great part about 'the breakfast club' is that anyone can become a member.

lauriejean

Feb 20, 2006
I really like Liam's breakfast at the Brit. There is always a great selection with the new menu and liam's such a sweetie. All day long. Also I've always liked Dick's in Cabarete.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
I have not had the pleasure of eating at Rocky's but now I have to try it. I did have an "American" breakfast two or three times at La Roca the last time I was in DR and it was a huge platter with eggs, bacon, ham, toast and fruit that was so big, I could share it with a friend.

I'll definitely try Rocky's when I'm there next month.

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Finger lick'in good

I have eaten American style breakfasts in 39 countries around the world and IMHO there is no better that at Rocky?s. BTW the ribs ain?t bad either.

Chuckuindy

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Back on subject, I can attest to the fact that Rocky's has a very good American style breakfast and his cooks seem to have our tradition down to a science.

Last edited:

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
I have 2 qestions. !. Is that really a guy, it looks like my girlfriends prima Natali.
2. Where is rocks, last and only time I was in Sasua I wound up at La Roca, thinking it was rockys.
I will be there next week, and thought I would try again.
joe

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
It's about 2 blocks from La Roca.

From the Texaco on the main drag it's 2 blocks down towards the beach on the right hand side. As you go down that street and made a left at the first street you would be on your way to La Roca.

Don't make that left but keep going straight and Rocky's is about 50 feet further on the right.

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
hmmm, why did i think rocky's was in cofresi - what was i smoking! anyway, i will be back in DR in 9 days and plan on visiting for sure. i've heard sooo much about it that i couldn't forgive myself if i didn't stop by!

Status
Not open for further replies.