Best American Style Breakfast in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Breakfast @ Rocky's is a must. Might take a little while to get the food on the table, but that just gives more time for friendly comraderie...

^5!

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
This is "The Best" forum and as such I'm cleaning it up.

Do not take this personal as it isn't being done as such.

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Thanks for answering about the decaf and I don't patronize Starbucks but thanks anyway and where is there a Starbucks in Sosua anyway?

In all honesty you cant go wrong with any of these choices

Laroca is a good breakfast

Rockys is Rockys a great breakfast(lil slow) but great breakfast and lots of good company.

Quijotes you get lots of food and service is very fast but you are eating in the middle of Sodom and Gamora.

So dont worry go out and enjoy your breakfast without concern it will be good wherever you go.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Good places and then some

Rockys has always been a favorite of mine without a doubt. Some good food and good friends there. La Roca used to be a place I went to but haven't been down that end of town much. Britannia is another favorite of mine as my favorite Brit works there as a chef, Bernie. I love the girls that work there as well. Paul and Liam are great hosts as well.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Service at Rocky's

Over a few visits I've found that at Rocky's you order as soon as you get there -- as soon as it would be polite that is. Don't wait for a table first! Don't spend a lot of time studying the menu. We all know that service in the DR is generally not fast and to me Rocky's is no slower than average. And you know that everything is cooked to order -- there's no big pile of fried eggs and etcetera sitting there waiting to be slapped on a plate.

Over a few visits I've found that at Rocky's you order as soon as you get there -- as soon as it would be polite that is. Don't wait for a table first! Don't spend a lot of time studying the menu. We all know that service in the DR is generally not fast and to me Rocky's is no slower than average. And you know that everything is cooked to order -- there's no big pile of fried eggs and etcetera sitting there waiting to be slapped on a plate.

The chickens lay the eggs to order so make sure to order up ASAP for the chickens to get busy laying those eggs.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
The chickens lay the eggs to order so make sure to order up ASAP for the chickens to get busy laying those eggs.

I've had breakfast many times at Rockys, One thing I learned 25 years ago is something called 'Island time.' Either grasp that concept, or vacation in Orlando.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
"The chickens lay the eggs to order so make sure to order up ASAP for the chickens to get busy laying those eggs."

Thanks. I'll use that one next time I'm in with friends who don't know the score.

BrittanyS

Mar 31, 2006
I've had breakfast many times at Rockys, One thing I learned 25 years ago is something called 'Island time.' Either grasp that concept, or vacation in Orlando.

We did too (grassped onto that pretty quick the first time we went in 1986). When we go to the "beautiful DR", the first thing we do now is grap our bags, then, two Presidentés at the airport, take a couple of deep breaths (and a lot of deep sips) and we are on Island time. Can't beat it. It's the only way to "chill out" 'specially if you are only there a week, Yuk!! :cheeky:

Forgot to add, the Breakfast was excellent, and hot, what more can you ask for in a "hot" climate?

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
We ate for a few dollars $2 or $3 at the restaurant on Pedro Clisante across from the market and next to La Roca. Roberto is a wonderful waiter. Had great french toast, eggs and wonderful coffee. There are several choices for 1 price. They have Denny's style menus posted on the front of the restaurant. It's also a great place to people watch with the large outdoor seating plus there are some tables with shade. Liked that tables were spaced far enough away from smokers. Can't remember the name.

weaselman

Jun 7, 2007
it's all about the cafe', then everything else is groovy

After "MY HOUSE",..."Rocky's is the "BEST On The North Shore"!It is even better if you are able to sit at the "Chef's Table" With guys and Gals like "Rocky" himself,"Escott","Dawn",and some of the other "Regulars"!

The Hotel Naco on Tiradentes,across from "Vesuvio II" has a "Naco Delux" which is "American Style",with your choice of Eggs Any Style" Ham,Bacon,or Sausage,toast,juice,(ASK for a, "Jugo con Leche",made with the fruit of your choice!)I recommend the "Bacon"the ham,and sausage "$uck"! "Over Easy" is best.Scrambled must be ordered not "Well Done"!

Since "Dominican bacon" is not that great,and American Bacon at the Super is $3.50 US for 8 oz. I usually eat my American Breakfasts in Boston.Maybe an "American Pancake Breakfast could be an "Event" at "Rocky's" as part of the "American Thanksgiving Party!"I will help cook to speed things up a little!!Anything that falls on the floor is "MINE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dominican cafe' is fantastic [santa domingo' tippo esspresso ] negra solo por favour. and the breakfast will be fine till the end of time. peace out

weaselman

Jun 7, 2007
and check out ''ruby'' [the old voodoo lounge ] it is fantastic and if your lucky you will meet justjane and the turtle and yolanda . they will make your vacation.i know this because us muffins must ''stick'' together.big love bagleybrown.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
SocialZealot, this thread is 5 years old, and several places are mentioned. Where did you call/which one are you interested in?

I know Rocky's is still in business, but who knows about the others???

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
The best breakfast for the money is still Rocky's..................look no further......

B in Santiago

Status
Not open for further replies.