Best dominican beer

olddog

Jul 14, 2006
I have very strict parameters on the type of beer I drink.

If you can pour it, I can drink it.

Cheers....

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Chopa presente!!!

Bohemia is the better beer.
Presidente is for chopos, tourists and people who love the ads for the presidente brew...
If that beer is not ice cold it reveals its whole sh**** flavour.
Salud!

m'frog

Wow so then there are millions of chopos in the DR and abroad, and I am happy with my Presidente biiiien friiiia!!

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
President Light

This one works for me..You really can't tell the difference from Regular Presidente leaving me wondering how light it is from the Regular stuff..

George Holmes

Nov 15, 2006
dofieldwork.blogspot.com
Oh no, the light stuff has a higher maize content, and less malt in the wort. This makes it a lot sweeter, and blander, like Brahma. Beer is supposed to have a nice bitter taste. Normal Presidente all the way for me!

LePirateAnglais

Jan 16, 2009
Last edited:

lexa

Apr 23, 2006
Presidente! I live in New York and I don't drink beer here, but when I go to DR i crave presidente! nothing like it on hot day

lorenzocast

Apr 19, 2009
im gonna have to go with presidente but when ever you dont have alot of money on you brahma ain bad and bohemia is good toooo.
they had a special on bohemia when i was down there 3 weeks ago for 20 pesos a small

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Presidente is the best, Bohemia is a good number two. Brahma and Becks I don't like at all.

Rocko

Aug 9, 2009
had my shares of Presidente's and like them........but it has to be ice cold cause when dat beer starts to warm up it can really taste like chit........

can wait to try some of the other DR beers.......didn't even know they existed........lol

ElizPuntaCana

Sep 21, 2009
All the beers here are pretty crappy. You HAVE to drink them ice cold or you would realize that. I would compare them with Miller, Milwaukee's Best, and Ice House, maybe even Budwiser and Coor's, in the States. Of couse I still drink them. I prefer Amber or Brahma I guess. Adding a lime helps too. And what awards has Presidente won? The beer company that dumps the most crap into the ocean? Smells great!

Sep 22, 2009
All the beers here are pretty crappy. You HAVE to drink them ice cold or you would realize that. I would compare them with Miller, Milwaukee's Best, and Ice House, maybe even Budwiser and Coor's, in the States. Of couse I still drink them. I prefer Amber or Brahma I guess. Adding a lime helps too. And what awards has Presidente won? The beer company that dumps the most crap into the ocean? Smells great!

Wow. That's so way off. Firstly, Miller (Gen Draft) is so far from the beast (milwaulkee's best - btw the beast "tall boys" we lived on when I was at Clemson). These are Draught style beers, where Pres and Bohemia are Pilsners. Presidente is fabricated with higher quality ingredients in a more "savory" and technically advanced fermentation process than MOST american beers (the supermarket stuff). I love Sam Adams, but that is a Lager and the process and ingredients are more costly than Draught and Pilsners.

Both Presidente and Bohemia are brands developed and marketed by the Cervecer?a Dominicana which is a company of Grupo Le?n Jimenes. They take tremendous pride in these products and they are of a super high quality (no where near the white trash Milwaulkee's Best).
The brewing process, fermentation kettles and overall management process, is superior to MANY international breweries.

I'm certain if any memeber of the Leon or Jimenes families or other shareholders/employees would be beside themselves if they were aware they were compared to Milwaulkee's Best! lol

Brahma is not a Dominican beer, but a South American brand distributed by AmBev, Dominicana. Also, a lower-quality, inexpensively fermentation process targeted at those who like the idea of a "discount" beer in DR (3x100 pesos Grandes).

HS10

Feb 17, 2008
I drink Bohemia but....
It may be blasphemous to say but The DR does not have good beer.