Best Pizza in Cabarete

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I happen to live across the street from a Patsy's!

I love when Floridian's "know" New York Pizza, Jejeje
The best old school regular NYC Pizza always will be Joe's, on the corner of Bleeker and 6th. (Not this foo foo Brick oven stuff)

Sorry pal, now back to DR Pizza.

Where is this mysterious Avalon Pizza?

tambo'

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Final tangent from the OP: My faves were always the one, true, real, original, not-so-famous Ray's on Prince Street...and a tiny walk-up place on Houston, a few doors east of Katz's...can't even remember the name at this point, but I remember the pizza man and his dad, "Poppy" who were there every minute the place was open...absolutely the best Ive ever had...the pizza...and sausage and peppers sammich...

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
Okay, I'm going to buck the trend here again.

Against my better judgement, but based on everyone's opinion here of Pomodoro, I gave it another try a couple of weeks ago.

I'd still rate it 'edible' at best. If that's the only pizza I could find - I wouldn't eat pizza in Cabarete or anywhere else. The crust was limp and soggy, the tomato sauce was bland and runny, and the pizza was overall tasteless.

Lax's pizzas while not the traditional round shape are a lot better. Try their diablo if you like your pizza spicy. I've never been disappointed with their take on pizza.

I am with you! My husband and I were at Pomodoro a week ago and the pizza was awful. All we could taste was SALT. My husband went so far as to say it was the worst pizza he ever ate.
We used to go to Toni's Pizza e Via a lot and we liked it. Especially the price.
Lately, I have been eating more of Pitu's pizza and I would prefer it to anybody elses. Johnny, the cook makes a great sauce, the crust is crisp and you can customize the toppings (to a degree). The staff is friendly and the restaurant is cool.
It's my daily hangout when I am here during the Winter.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
Pizza

I happen to live across the street from a Patsy's!

I love when Floridian's "know" New York Pizza, Jejeje
The best old school regular NYC Pizza always will be Joe's, on the corner of Bleeker and 6th. (Not this foo foo Brick oven stuff)

Sorry pal, now back to DR Pizza.

Where is this mysterious Avalon Pizza?

tambo'

I wish I could simply drag a pic into this box to post it! I have a few pictures with the Avalon sign in the background with the phone number on it. I would gladly upload it if I knew how to do it. Anyway, it's Avalon in Sosua and the # is 809-571-3023.
Enjoy!
Steve

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Avalon, formerly El Molino is across the street from Eddy's Sports Bar. I won't comment on the Pizza there as I have not tried it.

For me the best is Pizza Via in Cabarete.

snowbird44

Oct 29, 2004
El Molino accepted my credit card when it was robbed off me a few years ago. Hopefully diffrent owners!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
best pizza

Pomodora is good, but if you want a little change in scenery, visit Sabaneta, about 10km east of Cabarete to a place called Pizza Casitllo, bigger better and cheaper, and the dough is all home made. Its across from the bomba Isla.

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
dalton's pizza is really good also ..its in the gates of coconut palms ...excellent prices ..great food

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
OK... for me, the new undisputed winner of "Best Pizza in Cabarete" is Marabu...the closest to NY Style pizza Ive tasted so far...great crust, sauce, cheese, etc...and pretty reasonable...good sized pie with real pepperoni for 180 pesos.

I haven't tried Dalton's, the place across from Isla in Sabanetta, or two newcomers to Cabarete, Movie Pizza at Plaza Lunatic, or the Pizza y Pollo place across the street (connected to Bliss).

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
For me the best is Toni's Pizza Via in Cabarete. Great pizza, excellent prices. :)

That was my #1 until I tried Marabu.. totally different style pizza, but excellent (more expensive though), and the view of the beach is one of the best in Cabarete...

Also, my problem with Pizza a Via is the hours.. around 6:30pm to around 10...

Encuentrobeachvilla

Dec 13, 2005
Dalton's Pizza

Hi, Try Dalton's Pizza, just off the Cabarete-Sosua Highway,at the entrance to the road to Playa Encuentro(Coconut Palm Hotel). Great sauce, good crust,reasonable price, and also a good guy!

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
That was my #1 until I tried Marabu.. totally different style pizza, but excellent (more expensive though), and the view of the beach is one of the best in Cabarete...

Also, my problem with Pizza a Via is the hours.. around 6:30pm to around 10...

Where can I find the restaurant "Marabu"?

I also don't like the hours @Pizza e Via. Sometimes Antonio (the crazy Italian guy) closes his pizzeria for several weeks and nobody knows when he will open again. He could have much more guests if his pizzeria would be open regularly.

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
Hi, Try Dalton's Pizza, just off the Cabarete-Sosua Highway,at the entrance to the road to Playa Encuentro(Coconut Palm Hotel). Great sauce, good crust,reasonable price, and also a good guy!

Hi, I know where you mean. It is at the entrance of "Vista del Caribe", correct? I will check it out soon. :)

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
I SECOND THAT ...DALTON'S PIZZA IS VERY GOOD AND THE PRICES ARE VERY GOOD ALSO

tlc32875

Apr 3, 2006
What about the hours of DALTON'S PIZZA? When do they open and when do they close?

while i was there i want to say they opened at like 3:30 till after 11..note sure if that is the norm on his hours ...that was in march ....great food tho ...maybe someone who lives there can give better hours ..this was the first year that daltons was open ...