Best Pizza in Cabarete

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Where can I find the restaurant "Marabu"?

I also don't like the hours @Pizza e Via. Sometimes Antonio (the crazy Italian guy) closes his pizzeria for several weeks and nobody knows when he will open again. He could have much more guests if his pizzeria would be open regularly.

It's next to Ocean Dream (west side) on the beach.

And the entrance to Vista del Caribe is the same as Coconut Palms...where Dalton's is. Seems to be a hangout for bikers...which usually means the food's good or cheap...or both :)

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
They just opened a pizza place right next to Bliss in Cabarete. It's owed, and I was told actually part of Bliss. I haven't tried it, but the food at Bliss is. great. So... I'm going to try it.

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
While I was in Cabarete last month, I couldn't find POMODORO . .where the heck is it? What hotels is it next too?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
While I was in Cabarete last month, I couldn't find POMODORO . .where the heck is it? What hotels is it next too?

Look for the BHD bank on the beach side of Cabarete. It is down this small walkway on the left, right on the beach. This is close to the middle of Cabarete.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
In case you're walking down the beach (and can't see the BHD sign) Pomodoro is next door to LAX

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
The place with the cow on Pedro Clisante has excellent Pizza, maybe as good as Patsy's on 117th.

tambo'

drmc

Jun 10, 2007
My vote for the best pizza in CABARETE (which is what the original post was talking about..not NY...not Italy...not Santiago) is LAX ...someone mentioned the Diablo, which I've had several times and its a really good brick oven kind of pizza ...plus, that place has really great 2 for 1 deals ...and also they have really great chocolate banana shakes (which aren't on the menu but if you ask, they will make it)

get a spicy diablo pizza ...go at the right time so your friend gets one free ...get a shake ...and watch all the crazy nuts on the beach- fun times fo sho

Its_where_I_Belong

Nov 5, 2005
Probably have to be American to think NY Pizza is the best. Italian pizza cooked in a traditionnal brick oven is the best.

It?s like saying the best hamburgers are made in Japan, or the best sushi in the world is the sushi made in Angola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then again in DR, Angelo, an Italian, in LOS CORALES as the best pizza which is pretty damn close to the real thing.

Cheers

AR

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I may be wrong, but I think Pizza Via is out of business. It's being turned into a sports bar. The pizza place next to Bliss is also out of business. O"shey's opened a pizza place out front. We tried it. Med pizza $125 peso's wasn't bad for the price

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Yep...Pizza a via is gone.... which is a shame because it was great, albeit a bit unique.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but the German Restaurant in the center of town (HexxenKessel) serves pizza 24 hours a day. It's not the best, but it's cheap - same price no matter how many toppings...comes in 3 sizes, and like I said...it's 24 hours!