Best Pizza In Sosua Is Found Where?

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
My favourite pizza place in Sosua is Albertos or Robertos (can't remember at this moment what it's called) and it's located near the end of Calle Alejo Martinez, beside or across from a motel that used to be a blue colour (sorry.. can't remeber the name of that either). Their lasagna is also to die for. Good prices and they do take-out as well. It's a quaint little place with a grass roof.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My favourite pizza place in Sosua is Albertos or Robertos (can't remember at this moment what it's called) and it's located near the end of Calle Alejo Martinez, beside or across from a motel that used to be a blue colour (sorry.. can't remeber the name of that either). Their lasagna is also to die for. Good prices and they do take-out as well. It's a quaint little place with a grass roof.

Closed....

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
I thought i had already post here but hey ho!

AVALON - right next to Eddies Sports Bar.
Real great pizza and pasta and Eddies is a nice place to enjoy a drink after, or before, or both.

AVALON also deliver and one of the cheaper ones in town.

Have fun and happy eating.

nina23

Oct 31, 2008
Alberto

Closed....

The best pizza for us is Alberto ( nueva pizzeria Alberto Calle Alejo Martinez Al lado del Profeta Sosua) It is not closed it has just moved few meters away on the other side of the road (near Hotel Atlantico) from where it used to be. Nice thin crust fresh ingredients,italian quality, we have been going for years and always same owner (originates from italy) , same quality .They do delivery.
Enjoy

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

Real great pizza and pasta and Eddies is a nice place to enjoy a drink after, or before, or both.

Avalon is across the street and down the road a little ways from Eddie's. I use to go there often when it was Il Mulino...haven't tried it since it changed...

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Avalon is across the street and down the road a little ways from Eddie's. I use to go there often when it was Il Mulino...haven't tried it since it changed...

Hi David - long time!

Yes - thats the one.
Its a full 30 seconds walk from one of my fav bars, but i think worth the walk ;) If your really lazy have it delivered to Eddys.

Do you know how bad that is - that i had the food delivered to Eddys instead of walking to get it!

A

apostropheman

Looks like this would have made a great poll :)

Rocky's makes a very good pizza, at a very reasonable price.
After trying many of the others listed I generally order my pizza at Rocky's. ;)

Pizzeria Bologna is good. The thin crust and wood oven does it for me.
I confess, I found Bologna to be over rated and over priced. :ermm:

Di Colores not sure of spelling, down the street from the Bologna towards the Car Wash makes a very good Pizza for half the price of the Bologna. It is Dominican run. You can sit inside or outside.

I like the PIzza there better than the Bologna, regardless of price. But with PIzza, everyone has different preferences.
I'll definitely have to try this place!

Oh La Vache on Pedro Clisante is great, but a little pricey.
Another one I have not tried, but may...

Baileys do fantastic pizzas. Lots of choice of toppings and made fresh. Good sizes and good price.

Bologna is quite good too as is Rockys. I used to like PJ's pizza too until they put their prices up.
The beauty of Rocky's is that while the food is fantastic the prices are very reasonable IMO.

Have you tried the Pizza at Parada el Choco (opposite Sosua Ocean Village)? Nice thin crust, excellent flavours. This is the only place I go for pizza in Sosua these days.
I don't think I even know where this is.:surprised Directions please!

All the above are worth a try but Orchidee's is my weekly stop. Plus Morua Mai (Morua Mai) special with shrimp etc. is excellent.
I used to eat here all the time, a couple of years ago under the original owners, but was disappointed to find that reality had struck and the prices appeared to have doubled from what I remembered from past visits, mas o menos. :paranoid:

This was a favorite place to eat when it was Il Molino but I too have not tried it under the new management.

The best pizza for us is Alberto ( nueva pizzeria Alberto Calle Alejo Martinez Al lado del Profeta Sosua) It is not closed it has just moved few meters away on the other side of the road (near Hotel Atlantico) from where it used to be. Nice thin crust fresh ingredients,italian quality, we have been going for years and always same owner (originates from italy) , same quality .They do delivery.
Enjoy
Excellent pizza and they deliver via moto for a small fee, although I imagine most places will if asked politely...;)

All this pizza talk has made me hungry....so I just ordered a pizza. Hope it gets here soon! ;) (I wonder how much the delivery charge would be from Sosua to Canada :cheeky::bunny::bunny: )

Last edited:

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
All this pizza talk has made me hungry....so I just ordered a pizza. Hope it gets here soon!:cheeky::bunny::bunny: (I wonder how much the delivery charge would be from Sosua to Canada)

I would imagine the delivery charge would be rather high....considering that you would have to outfit the deliverer with a touque and mukluks! ;):bunny:

A

apostropheman

I ran out of edit time in my previous post :paranoid:...
Rocky's makes a very good pizza, at a very reasonable price.
...but I think Rocky's is the best overall value for pizza in the area!

The pizza tastes great, there are plenty of topping options, even the small size is quite large and the value for the price is unbeatable...and I don't have to leave Rocky's to get it either! :D:bunny::bunny: (Of course I AM slightly biased...jejeje)

A

apostropheman

Be nice now! :)

I would imagine the delivery charge would be rather high....considering that you would have to outfit the deliverer with a touque and mukluks! ;):bunny:
It's 43F right now, I'll have you know...with a HIGH of 60F predicted for Monday.:cheeky::bunny::bunny:

BRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Butt, we're not quite ready for this yet!
:cheeky:
SnowblowerDeluxe.jpg

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Apos...Parada el Choco is just outside of Sosua, heading towards Cabarete, it's on the right side of the highway across the street from the entrance to Sosua Ocean Village.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
With all of this pizza talk I stopped at Playa Doroda and went to Pizza Hut for the Super Supreme.

I was in POP finalizing my new Codotel internet connection which went surprisingly well BTW.

Anyway, it was a wet journey back to Sosua, but a great pie indeed.

Although not located in Sosua, There is a Pizza Hut nearby......

Templebalm

May 5, 2009
Sadly there really isn't a consistently good pizza available in Sosua. However I'm told Pomodoro's in Cabarete is worthy. Haven't tried it yet but have my hopes up.

Templebalm

May 5, 2009
Pizza Hut in Playa Dorado is far less than worthy. The food generally at El Choco is awful. I tried their pizza once. They were still experimenting with their new oven. I liked it. Tad salty from the prosciutto wannabe they were using but they seemed on track. One can always have hope!

Fever

Mar 16, 2008
El Choco is under new ownership and is not serving Pizza anymore. Dominoes is the most normal, it is in La Sirena in Pto Plata. Warning canned mushrooms! As for Pizza in Sosua, its hit and miss. What it is not - its not like Dominoes or any other US pizza. Pizza in Sosua is thin crust, wood oven style pizza. Rarely can be found with mozzarella cheese, mostly some kind of orange cheese, and runny. The pizza here is more like the Italian style pizza that the Americans improved upon. If you're going to get from Bologne then ask for thicker crust, mozzarella cheese, chopped garlic, garlic powder mixed into the dough and olive oil spread on dough before cooking.

Pepperoni in DR is scary. In the supermarket I only go for the Abbruze style. Some of them have a really strong flavour to them and some kind of red sauce in it, stay away from this its an aquired taste that I have failed to aquire.

For true enjoyment, drive out to Dominoes, and get a meat lovers Pan Pizza, or whip over to Pizza Hut. The Pizza Hut in Playa Dorada is ok but i always feel like I ate too much afterwards, Dominoes is a more normal pizza experience.

Mar 2, 2008
"For true enjoyment, drive out to Dominoes, and get a meat lovers Pan Pizza, or whip over to Pizza Hut. The Pizza Hut in Playa Dorada is ok but i always feel like I ate too much afterwards, Dominoes is a more normal pizza experience."

?????
Dominoes and Pizza Hut? You can get that pizza in Flint, Michigan or Biddeford, Maine.

Frankly, I don't see the point. Franchise pizza is franchise pizza, it's pretty much the same wherever you go. Nothing particularly wrong with them, but nothing to write home about either.

Franchise pizza is okay, but come on, it's not really something most people would care to review. There are more than a few very good locally made pizzas in Sosua, and from my experience, all of them are as good or better than either Pizza-hut's or Dominoes.

sammytheman

Sep 18, 2007
Why don't you guys put the price as well, besides saying "reasonable"? For me a reasonable large 3 topping pizza in DR should not be more than $5US.