Best prepaid cell phone provider

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
riravaga said:
No, you will continue receiving incoming calls for 30 days, if you don?t recharge they will suspend the service complete, and if in the next 15 days you don?t recharge you will lose the number, But if you are an orange customer they cut the service complete if you don?t recharge on time.
Are you saying you get a total of 75 days (30+30+15) on a RD100 card before you lose the number?

riravaga

Feb 24, 2005
no, 45 days, first 30 days your phone continue receiving calls, after these 30 days they disconnect the number, but if you recharge btw the 15 days after the previus 30 the phone is actiaved automatically, if don?t you will lose the number and the company could give the number to another customer.

hjkendall

Nov 24, 2006
What kind of phone works best with verison in DR

I'm taking a couple of phones to family in the DR. They use Verizon pre-paid. What phones does everyone recommend?

gracias,

Jose

Kemo

Nov 2, 2006
Every time i go to the D.R and to casa de campo were i have my villa i use my centennial Phone no roaming charges!!!!a and great signal

mankind

Mar 6, 2004
Reactivate Cell Phone

I was in the D.R. two years ago and bought a Verizon cell phone. I haven't used it since May, 2005. Is it possible to have this phone reactivated, and what would the cost be to have it reactivated.

Christobal

Nov 28, 2006
www.allaffair.com
I am new here, it's great! I recently returned from D.r. and I connected a verizon phone bought a couple here in the us, the signal and service was great but now that I am back keeping the number was an issue. Before I left I went to the main verizon branch in Santa Domingo to hook up another phone for my taxi driver and they were telling me about a new service where you can keep the same number and service on for 1 year, they did not speak much english so it was kind of difficult to understand the plan but it seemed very good. It cost around 900 pesos and that included some time also.

I guess the nam1 and 2 is an option but the verizon people in the states could not give me any good info on the system in the dr. I was trying to activate a regular verizon phone with a 809 area code to use in the states and d.r. no luck.

Openspace

Jan 17, 2007
Q - does anyone know a decent Orange provider in the Puerto Plata area that I could pick-up a sim for as I have an unlocked GSM phone.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Casa de Campo/REal estate

Every time i go to the D.R and to casa de campo were i have my villa i use my centennial Phone no roaming charges!!!!a and great signal

Kemo, this is Lucille, Please, If you know about a good deal in villa in casa de campo I will be interested in buying... I am going in 2 or 3 months from now to search and probably buy a property in punta cana or casa campo if I get a convenient deal Thank you so much...lmr369@aol.com

Reactions: SantiagoDR

wight-boy

Nov 6, 2003
Q - does anyone know a decent Orange provider in the Puerto Plata area that I could pick-up a sim for as I have an unlocked GSM phone.

Any true orange franchise shop will sell you a pre pay sim for RD$ 350.

Having worked for Orange for 1 year I would say Verizon is the best.....

for coverage in the capital.

But for things such as having a "max" plan (ie. a limitless account) or international roaming, or handset compatibility, Orange has the edge as an established worldwide GSM provider.

Just my 2 centavos.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Does anybody know?

I have a GSM phone in Canada with Rogers. If I go down to the DR and have it unlocked and put in a Verizon SIM card so I can use it down there, when I return to Canada and pop in my Rogers SIM card, will it work?

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
almost

verizon here does not use sim cards, but you can do that with orange. and will work like a champ.

PabloPaul

Dec 21, 2006
www.myspace.com
Thanks for the info on Verizon at Playero. There's a Verizon kiosk at Janet's supermarket in Cabarete...anyone have experience there? Do you know if they will do several phones if I buy a card for each one?

Does anyone know the cost (if any) for txt messaging between verizon phones if you're using pre-paid phone cards?

It's a good experience at Janet's for sure. I even get them to dial and recharge my account when I go (just easier that way). The young hot looking girl there also speaks perfect English.
As for several phones, of course more biz is always good biz.
Text messaging is another story. I'm sure it'll work fine between Dominican cells, but for international texts... I have never been able to get them to work and that goes from overseas to here and from here to overseas. As far as I've heard that's everywhere overseas too.
Anyone like to add to that?
: pp.

kimmie09

Mar 7, 2009
Prepaid Cell Phones in Santo Domingo

I'm traveling next week to DR and my cell phone company does not have coverage in that area. Can anyone recommend a good prepaid cell phone provider there that I can use to make calls bk to the US and be able to use throughout DR??

Where can I get the phone from??