best restaurants from POP to cabarete

DRinvestor785

Dec 13, 2009
Bliss is not inexpensive

Wow, I went to bliss had a goat cheese salad and one glass of wine and that set me back $20!! If we had had lobster/steak etc. It would definitely been closer to $40-$50 per head.

The atmosphere is great but the prices seemed high and the 26% on a $9 salad and $6 glass of wine really adds up.

Try Bliss in Cabarete, just opposite from Ocean Dream.

We wenty with 4 and set us back about 20 US per head. Lobster, pork ssteaks... and drinks included.

el tibby

Aug 21, 2006
if i just had three choices....

from the airport to cabarete i'll give you 3 great places to eat.. n one throw in...

bologna- resturant has great italian food little pricey but worth it.

sharkbar- has great burgers/chic parm/ chix wings w blue chez.

la casita- or papi's whatever u want to call it.. on the beach... best seafood around...

just for quick everyday food... the cubano- across from disco- coffee/food is fresh, philly chez, turkey n swiss. bread pudding or choc brownie.. cant go wrong!!

wakefrank

Jan 28, 2008
Wow, I went to bliss had a goat cheese salad and one glass of wine and that set me back $20!! If we had had lobster/steak etc. It would definitely been closer to $40-$50 per head.

The atmosphere is great but the prices seemed high and the 26% on a $9 salad and $6 glass of wine really adds up.

Wow, then the price really has gone up! :eek::ermm:
We' ll check it out in a couple of weeks again.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
A review of the Best to Avoid, after several visits.

All are in order of my group's preferences. Best = El Toro, Bailey's, Albierto's, Orchidee. ---------- Good = La Costenera, Shark Bar, Cubana Cafe, Britanna, Italian(next door), Big D's. ----------- Avoid = Snitzel House, PJ's, Simply Red, Tapas Bar(behind Albierto's), French(on Pedro Clisante).:glasses:

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
I recomend restaurant Otra Cosa in Cabarete. It is located infront of Velero hotel, few steps behind Janet supermarket. EXELENT food! try duck there and shrimps with lobster.

anthony

Mar 17, 2010
One of my favorite restaurants in POP is La Parrialla ( I think its spelled right ). Its right next door to another one of my favorites , Burger King , lol.

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
has anybody been to Los Charros in Cofresi?

I went there with my novia in December. Had agreat time, it was one of their live show nights featuring Mexican dancers. The owner is a great host and makes you feel very welcome. Food was good and, if I recall correctly, the prices were reasonable. I will be paying a return visit in May

Cien Fuego

May 14, 2010
Sosua:
Bologna - Italian
Morua Mai - International
La Roca - International
Snitzel - Austrian/German
The Waterfront - International
Britanica - Bar Food
Pedro McMurphy's - Bar food
Nuevo Dia - Dominican (Charimicos)
The Shack - Dominican (Don't actually know the name, but its in the EdNorte parking lot)
Bailey's - International

Caberete:
Pomodoro - Italian
Casanova - Italian
Jose O'Sheys - Irish/Bar food
LAX - International

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
Sosua:
Bologna - Italian
Morua Mai - International
La Roca - International
Snitzel - Austrian/German
The Waterfront - International
Britanica - Bar Food
Pedro McMurphy's - Bar food
Nuevo Dia - Dominican (Charimicos)
The Shack - Dominican (Don't actually know the name, but its in the EdNorte parking lot)
Bailey's - International

Caberete:
Pomodoro - Italian
Casanova - Italian
Jose O'Sheys - Irish/Bar food
LAX - International

Is this a list of recommendations ?

tcinlo

Feb 1, 2008
My favorite restaurant in Sosua is Cafe Cubano. It is one block off the main highway that goes from POP to Cabarete and is 1 1/2 blocks from the corner of Pedro Clisante and Dr. Rosen ave.

The restaurant is owned and run by a couple from San Diego. They have style and are very particular. They basically oversee every plate that goes out.

The breakfasts are very good and they serve waffles that are out of this world...try the banana waffle.

The main menu is a sandwich shop. I have tried most of their sandwiches and they are all very good with bread appropriate for that type of sandwich. They also have a cigar shop at the location. I don't smoke but I get the sense that if you want honest advice about cigars, you will get it from the owner, Rod.

And no. I do not pimp for them:cheeky: I just appreciate quality when I see it.

Pedro's Wife 09

Mar 28, 2010
Cabarete Restraunts

One of my favorites is Serenade @ Hotel Villa Taina ,It is just past the strip of restraunts on the beach . They have Special nights ,the mongolian grill night is very good ,I highly reccomend it .

Cien Fuego

May 14, 2010
I believe that this thread is called, "best of restaurants from POP to Caberete," if I am not mistaken. I have eaten at all of those restaurants and therefore I would return.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I went one time to O'Sheys... and it will be the only time ever... overpriced (well, bloody expensive...), and 80% of our group of 20 spent most of the night and the next day on the loo... and yess... all of the people who had burgers had foodpoisoning...

for that kind of money, I can eat in the fanciest restaurant here in Jarabacoa...

anyways... a couple of weeks ago we were with a friend in Cabarete, prior to dropping her of at the airport for her flight home...

as everybody here knows the delight of going to the loo in an airplane, we decided not to eat at O'Sheys...:bunny:

we went a little further, about 100 yards, and I forgot the name.. we got one of the specials (chicken with indonesian peanut sauce) and our friend got one of their burgers.... both were wonderfull, great food, fresh, and healthy portions... for (considering cabarete...) very reasonable prices... (I mentioned the indonesian dish to mark the place, as I forgot the name)

anyways... Papi's with their shrimp is still my favourite... yes expensive, but you can split the dish, and the portions are more than big enough to allow that...

jazzman9980

Sep 1, 2004
Best Restaurants in POP

There are 4 restaurants that you must try. ne is in Casa Vienteuno just off the highway before you get to El Batey. They have a website, small, nice atmosphere nice owners. Then there is Bliss in Cabarete, again just off the highway before you enter the 'strip', similar set up as Casa 21. There is another one on the highway just outside of Sosua heading towards Cabarete, across from the entrance to Ocean Village, just before the "Dollar" Store. Good food, good and fast service, big menu to choose from. And last but not least, in the Ocean Village, there is a really nice restaurant offering you a choice of indoor or outdoor dining overlooking the water. You can have you own private pergola, very romantic, alongside the infinity pool.

I have tried them all at least twice, haven't been disappointed once.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
The Sushi place in CAbarete at Ocean Dream condo complex is still open and probably the best sushi on the north coast.

"There is another one on the highway just outside of Sosua heading towards Cabarete, across from the entrance to Ocean Village, just before the "Dollar" Store." This restaurant is called el Choco and it is very good. We eat there often.

Bob K

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
What a contrast--terrible dinner for 4, good breakfast for 1

Dinner = malo. Awful fish soup, carbonara, fried fish, and chicken. Slow service! I rank it as the worst in Sosua, with equally bad, Simply Red.