Black Women and Dominican Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Okay, let me try.
Dominican men, those not in the tourist industry, will generally try to find a woman with similar characteristics: birth, class, education, etc. The higher up the social scale, the rarer the air, the more "picky" the selection process. You are not marrying a Grullon or a Bermudez or a Brugal, Vicini, or Peralta off the airplane!! Unless that was your 737 that just landed at PJU or STI...of course...

In the course of this selection of mates, you will find just a few "salt and pepper" matches, a few. But while the skin tones might be different, the education, social status, potentials and all the rest are on a par. So color is not an issue there.

Dominicans ARE color conscious just as blacks in the States or anywhere else are. They have racist comments that would be highly insulting, and hand gestures, too. Political jokes during the heyday of Jose Francisco Pe?a G?mez abounded, but Dominicans love political jokes, no matter how cruel or how obscene or how injurious.

After that, ANYTHING that happens on vacation has nothing to do with color. Michael said"I don't care if you are black or white" and those people at the bars and hotels are believers in that....

I happen to know a few cases of this...

So Black Women, White Women, no matter. That passport outta here is the grail!! (Ever wonder how many times we are going to say this?)....

HB

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I recently was in PC on vacation with my female cousin, we are both Black and honestly, we both received PLENTY of attention from the men in the Dominican Rep. (Maybe a little too much attention! LoL) But, I dont think they really care either way!

For playing around it is fun but for serious relationship you should not date black Domiicans if you are black, most of these marriages or relations will not last even among black dominican couples because many dominicans are of very strong, hot blooded, stubborn characters just like many AAs or blacks in the world. In Dominican culture, the darker and less educated you are the more mustang you most likelly are. That is why you would always see so many arguments, fights and murders among these couples in poor barrios as result of these mismatches.

Foreigns especially Asians would make the best matches because of their very calm cultural characteristics. My abuelo told me that this is also one of the reason why Trujillo was not too much into black dominican couples getting married.

Reese

Oct 5, 2010
HB I wish I could like your post a few more times cause it is dead on as always!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
For playing around it is fun but for serious relationship you should not date black Domiicans if you are black, most of these marriages or relations will not last even among black dominican couples because many dominicans are of very strong, hot blooded, stubborn characters just like many AAs or blacks in the world. In Dominican culture, the darker and less educated you are the more mustang you most likelly are. That is why you would always see so many arguments, fights and murders among these couples in poor barrios as result of these mismatches.

Foreigns especially Asians would make the best matches because of their very calm cultural characteristics. My abuelo told me that this is also one of the reason why Trujillo was not too much into black dominican couples getting married.

If I understand you right, I shouldn't date Black Dom. because of our mutual hot blooded temper, as it would be a mismatch ?? (Mind you, I am known to be calm, far from hot blooded).
So a blond-blue eyes gringa would stand better chances ? uhmmmm............I knew someone who worked at the French embassy in Santo Domingo, she was estimating that 90 % of the relationships of French gringo (a) with Dom ended within 2-3 years of him landing in France.

The reason I don't date Dom. of any color while visiting is because once the sun and the effect of the Presidente wears off, we don't have much to talk about. Of course, I don't have my own private plane yet, which may explain my perception :cool:

I will follow your advice though and will look for a Black one on my next trip just for playing around ;)

SantiagueroRD

Bronze
Apr 20, 2011
I ain't got no dog in this fight being neither Black or a female but a game breaker would be simply without warning when you are alone do the old "Can I ask you a favor/if you love etc" and ask him to give you his celular phone then check all the calls and messages BUT real players have at least two phones. Or better still if you are using emails and/or msn do all at the same time with him supplying the password. ps young lady the women and HB here are giving you really good advice.

Caribe

May 11, 2011
I suppose it would depend on the purpose of the attention. If given an opportunity to evaluate the best opportunity to immigrate to the USA or Canada, then white women would be preferred. Dominicans and people around the world are not oblivious to the fact that North American whites are (generally) more highly educated and professional than black women. White women also lack the "attitude" and they are easier to manipulate, too. White women are more likely to be able to take 'care' of a needy Dominican male.

Listen, in American, even black men don't want to date black women... so why would Dominican men be any different - unless he can't find any prime whites to choose from?

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Caribe you miss the whole point - they do not care who holds the visa - that is all they care about, visa and or money. They do not EVALUATE the opportunity they JUMP all over it.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
If I understand you right, I shouldn't date Black Dom. because of our mutual hot blooded temper, as it would be a mismatch ?? (Mind you, I am known to be calm, far from hot blooded).
So a blond-blue eyes gringa would stand better chances ? uhmmmm............I knew someone who worked at the French embassy in Santo Domingo, she was estimating that 90 % of the relationships of French gringo (a) with Dom ended within 2-3 years of him landing in France.

The reason I don't date Dom. of any color while visiting is because once the sun and the effect of the Presidente wears off, we don't have much to talk about. Of course, I don't have my own private plane yet, which may explain my perception :cool:

I will follow your advice though and will look for a Black one on my next trip just for playing around ;)

I shouldn't date Black Dom. because of our mutual hot blooded temper, as it would be a mismatch ?? (Mind you, I am known to be calm, far from hot blooded)
I am sorry I should've said "most" since there are those such as you that may not be as hot blooded as some dominicans and african americans.

So a blond-blue eyes gringa would stand better chances ?
When it comes to attitude, calmenss and hot blood asian women stand the best chance even against the blue eyes gringa.

uhmmmm............I knew someone who worked at the French embassy in Santo Domingo, she was estimating that 90 % of the relationships of French gringo (a) with Dom ended within 2-3 years of him landing in France.
That is considered a long time, 2 to 3 years is pretty much the avg of what marriages are lasting these days. Now you need to do your research for marriages of black americans with black dominicans and I can guarantee you the avg would be within 6 - 12 months.

kdolo

Mar 9, 2009
for playing around it is fun but for serious relationship you should not date black domiicans if you are black, most of these marriages or relations will not last even among black dominican couples because many dominicans are of very strong, hot blooded, stubborn characters just like many aas or blacks in the world. In dominican culture, the darker and less educated you are the more mustang you most likelly are. That is why you would always see so many arguments, fights and murders among these couples in poor barrios as result of these mismatches.

Foreigns especially asians would make the best matches because of their very calm cultural characteristics. My abuelo told me that this is also one of the reason why trujillo was not too much into black dominican couples getting married.

nonsense

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The question itself doesn't make sense. Why ??

Millions of Dominican women are "Black". Millions of Dominican men are" Black".

They get together, marry, procreate, breakup, and relate just as other people do.

The question itself is nonsense.

Best answer .... Para los gustos si hicieron los colores!!!

Pero a mi me gustan rubias!!!

JJ

Josemexicano

Apr 24, 2011
It doesnt matter about race or sex. Everyone is looking for some the same or better than them. We rarely go for ones less r status.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002

Think what ever you like but I can bet you 10 to 1 that a marriage between an asian a black person would outlast a marriage between two blacks at any given time because there would be much more of a balance.

Caribe

May 11, 2011
Caribe you miss the whole point - they do not care who holds the visa - that is all they care about, visa and or money. They do not EVALUATE the opportunity they JUMP all over it.

DMV, I disagree. Not EVERY American can sponsor someone for a visa. Not EVERY Canadian can sponsor someone for a visa. You have to be able to show means of support, guarantees, a job, tax filings, and a host of other things. Having an American / Canadian passport is definitely not enough.

Caribe

May 11, 2011
It doesnt matter about race or sex. Everyone is looking for some the same or better than them. We rarely go for ones less r status.

Wait... if an American marries anyone from the Third World (or Mexico), it's an automatic step down, in my humble opinion. It is not the SAME, it is not BETTER. So you have to see it from the American / Canadians' viewpoint, too.

Caribe

May 11, 2011
Think what ever you like but I can bet you 10 to 1 that a marriage between an asian a black person would outlast a marriage between two blacks at any given time because there would be much more of a balance.

Asian girls are freaky and accommodating. It's the same reason black men marry white women.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
DMV, I disagree. Not EVERY American can sponsor someone for a visa. Not EVERY Canadian can sponsor someone for a visa. You have to be able to show means of support, guarantees, a job, tax filings, and a host of other things. Having an American / Canadian passport is definitely not enough.

Again what you state is not factually accurate!

BUT again you miss the point - from the point of view of the DOMINICAN looking to better themselves in most cases the HAVE NO IDEA what needs to happen or who can or cannot sponsor. ALL THEY SEE IS A POTENTIAL VISA AND OR WESTERN UNION TRANSFER.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Wait... if an American marries anyone from the Third World (or Mexico), it's an automatic step down, in my humble opinion. It is not the SAME, it is not BETTER. So you have to see it from the American / Canadians' viewpoint, too.
Are you for real. Marriage is with a person, not an object of value based on origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.