Brazilian girls vs. Dominican girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
My experience with Latin Affairs

Rattus_Rattus said:
Latin affairs have decent women on their site, if you had problems getting in touch with women, maybe they didnt like you??! (no offence) Maybe you tried to contact women already seeing someone?

I have used latin affairs myself, and i was surprised over the great help i recived from them.. They answered all of my questions, and mr Mertes was there for me 24/7, if i needed anything when i was seeing different serious and beautiful women.

I cant see how you can blame Latin affairs for not beeing able to give you a wife.... You must remember, these women also have feelings, love must go both ways. They have also an great possibility for men to post their photo and data.. Why dont you try that instead of calling latinaffairs a scam?

I know of persons who have used latin affairs with sucsess, these people are today happily married.
-------------------
When it comes to Brasilian women, a friend of mine who works in Rio De Janeiro told me that the women are very nice. He has been there for 7years so i bet he knows what hes talking about. He told me if i was in need for a woman go to a disco called "HELP".. Hehe (i can hear some people on this board laughing already).. Good Luck Santiagotrav :classic:

The girls didn't like me?? They didn't even gave me a chance. Here's what happened. I bought some addresses at Latin affairs. All of them included telephone and email address. The email addresses didn't work. Some of the girls seemed to be never home when I called. I called them at different times (morning, evening, night) over a 3 week period and was not able to talk to them. One girl was very RUDE with me and told me she wasn't interested in meeting anyone. She said she had been talked into letting the site owner place her picture on the site but she wasn't interested in meeting anyone. She was VERY VERY rude. I contacted the site owner but he never replied to my emails. I have stopped using their services because of this negative experience. In my opinion, Latin Affairs is a scam.

Last edited:

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
Well, now the owner is threatening me because he thinks I insulted his business, himself and his wife. I never insulted his business. I just talked about my experience with Latin Affairs and I live in a country where this is allowed. This forum is also hosted in a free country. I never directed any insult to his person, that is a lie. He's also lying when he says I insulted his wife. I never did.

Last edited:

KrackedKris

On Vacation!
Apr 8, 2004
gringo in dr said:
Where were you located? Did you stay in a resort?

I've lived in Escazu, Bello Horizonte, Romiser, San Pedro, Curridbat, Behind the mall san pedro - I forget the name of the area.

Visiting a country and living there are two different things.

Maybe you missed this

and this

or maybe you missed the fact that half of san jose is monitored by cameras because crime it out of control

and again maybe you missed this

or this

Never stayed in Resort, stayed at Tropicale in San Jose, Lagos Cabins in Arenal, Plutos in Limon etc

NEVER had a problem in CR, NEVER had a CR Cop ask for bribe, NEVER hustled by shopkeeper, NEVER bothered by Pros unless I was looking

Diffrerent countries different problems, but you have seemingly looked back for a year to find the worst of CR to support your paranoia?

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
diego said:
I am the Owner of Latin Affairs
I have been insulted by more intelligent People in the past and normally do not take any Comments against me personally. Calling my Business a Scam is calling me a Scammer and that would be Slander.
Insulting my Wife (I have heard most Dominican girls are loud and rude) is a different thing all together.
Since it is a Holiday today I have to wait until tomorrow to contact my Lawyer and get his advice on this.
Latin Affairs started in 1999 and there have been over 100 Engagements and Weddings? to loud and rude Dominican girls, including many Members of this Board
Maybe the problem with you not being able to find a girl is on your site?
What did you say? ??I have met tons of sweet, educated, beautiful Brazilian girls??
And not one of the Tons wanted anything to do with you? Go figure.
Good Luck to you

Diego

Dear sir, many of the Brazilian girls I have met want to meet me in person and they do like me. However, that's none of your business. Regarding your threats, I can only say you're welcome to sue me in court. I have also contacted my lawyer and I will keep everybody here informed of any legal action we start against you as well as any type of harassment directed at my person from you or your business.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Get away from behind your pc and go meet the girls!

Dear Mr Santiago,
As far as I can understand from your posts you have never been to Brazil or the D.R. and actually went to meet the girls. You say you like Brazilians girls, well what's keeping you from going there? You will never get to know them and their lifes just from chatting behind your pc or talking to them on the phone. Is it the language barrier? Afraid not being able to communicate with brasileiras talking in their carioca or sao paolo slang? It is a challenge, for sure. GO MEET THEM AND HAVE FUN!

As for Latin Affairs, amigos.com etc: It's unlikely that after contacting only 2 or 3 girls that you will get lucky:
The Latin Affairs owner: I have been a customer of his for years and never had complaints about his service, but if you phone the girls yourself (like I do) there is not much he can do if she doesn't have the money to pay cellphone cards, or whatever.
About the Latin Affairs girls: they come in all sorts and tastes: some girls are really cute and loving and want to meet foreigners; others are so ignorant that they don't even know what they have signed up for or want to use you for the money (especially the ones from the Sosua area).
About amigos.com and the likes - girls:
Most of these girls are students, well educated, have personal e-mail which they check regularly. So far so good, but YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE. Last month I met up with a goodlooking Santo Domingo girl from one of these sites who told me that the first weeks on the internet, she received over 100 e-mails per day of men who wanted to contact her! If you look at amigos.com, you will see that the most popular girls' profile get clicked on more than 10,000 times per week!! Don't expect them to write to everyone.

Coming back to my original point: if you feel good about some of these girls, make up your mind and go there! Good luck.
Bartolomeo

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Well, I would be getting the beating!!!!

toneloc24 said:
Miguel - I'm biting my tongue on you final comment. I know there are eyes on you. If there weren't, I'd invite you down.
Well, you are right about that. She is probably lurking around so I have to watch what I write :cheeky:

Since I have not been with the whole Braizilian female population(just 1) and I only have had 4 dominican girlfriends, I will tell you that I am neutral on this situation. :speechles :speechles

Wannago

May 27, 2004
Larry said:
I could be happy living a "simple life" but not that simple. I need internet access, cable tv and a phone(maybe). Saying "no bills" is a bit of an exaggeration dont you think? I'll bet the couple you described had at least a couple of hundred thou to fall back on.

I am sure there are many people who post and lurk here ( myself included), who would love to pick up and lead the type of liberating lifestyle you describe. However, money is always the problem. Its always, "well, how much do I NEED" or "well, If I can get my hands on another 50K then maybe...". There are always SOME bills and there has to be money to pay them. Unfortunately.
Larry

Yes, I think I would like access to the internet, but cable and phone.. nah. I sure would think that you need back up cash after the initial expenses are taken care of.... or maybe that's U.S. thinking. The romantic idea of being self sufficient is very appealing. Just can't see it as being possible. Well, I'll get the back issues of Mother Earth news and start educating myself. My next trip down to the D.R. will include a more indepth trip inland.

deb
p.s. "Lurker" sounds so bad....

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Let me spell it to you!!

JimB I read and re-read Mr. Mertes' post and I do not see where he treatened leagal action against anybody. After pointing out that he does not usually respond to insulting comments said:
What do you think he meant when he said "Calling my business a Scam is calling me a Scammer and that would be Slander". And then continued with "Since it is a holiday today I have to wait until tomorrow to contact my Lawyer and get his advice on this". What, he will ask his lawyer his advice on the weather?. I know that you are defending your buddy but read it again and see what he is trying to say. NEXT!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
My 2cents!

For the guy commenting on Crime in CR:

Crime has been going up in all countries in the world lately, but I did not knew it was that bad in CR. Too bad since I like it there too, I don't like it more than the DR, but I like it. There have been some crime in the DR by foreigners (mostly Colombians with drugs and money laundering and there was a group of Mexicans kidnapping people about a year ago), all of that seem to have stop recently. There are some Haitians stealing cars here and there, but the worst (I hate to say it, but its the truth) are the Dominicans, especially those that have been deported. But, crime in the DR doesn't exist compare to how you described Costa Rica's problem!

But, look how lucky you are to live in the DR which is relatively safe because in Mexico City there are an average of 5 kidnappings per day and in Buenos Aires there is an average of 7 killings per day! Brazil has a pretty high crime rate in its big cities. I've heard of incidents of a couple from the States that were rob at gun point (supposedly an uzi!) by an 8 year old kid!! 8 year old!!! I'm sure that if you average the crime in Brazil on a per capita basis, it's still quite safe, but that 8 year old kid is still on the lose! I don't think I want to be near any kid in Brazil, and I LOOOVVVEEEE Brazil!

I've also heard that in Ecuador they have the "Moving Theft Gang". Supposedly these gangs break into a house (usually a house where the owners are on vacation somewhere or left for some reason) and the robbers go into the house as if they own it, very calm and normal and they begin to move everything into a truck!! When the owners gets home, the only things left are the walls and the windows!!!

Also in Panama there have been a rise in kidnapping (mostly from Colombian drug dealers) where guys on jeeps block a car in front and in the back at an intersection and at gun point hijack the car and kidnaps the person.

Again, there is some crime in the DR and even kidnappings came to the island during the crime wave which appears to have ended in March of this year. But compared to what happens in other places, the DR still seems like a safe haven. I guess that if crime gets bad in the DR than the rest of the world must be living a real hell.

For the guy referring to the girls:

Listen, the DR has all types. Big ones, small ones, white ones, black ones, mixed ones, blonde ones, brunnete, sincere, sexy, reserved, educated, uneducated, Japanese, Jewish, Middle Eastern, Haitians, British, you name it they are here. You just need to come and search around or just sit at a cafe in Calle el Conde and wait for the right one to pass you by. People watching is so fun and interesting in the DR since there are some really stunning women and even the ones that lack beauty on their faces have a body to make it all up 100%!! In addition they always carry a smile or are in a good mood that sometimes it feels too easy to start a conversation with a hottie. But like all countries, some are going to be rude and such, but be secure that for the most part its pure beauties inside and out that you will get!

For the one looking to move to the DR:

In the DR you can live yourlife as simple or as complicated as you want or your wallet allows. Nobody bothers you here when it comes to your lifestyle. If you want to live under a Ceiba Tree, nobody will tell you no and there are no laws that prohibits that. If you want to live in a shack made of cardboard, again go right ahead. If you want to live in a moderate house, mansion, penthouse, or even in a palace the size of Montana, nobody would care. The general attitude in the DR is do what you can afford and makes you happy! Even if you have a taste for rock ugly square houses in the middle of a fashionable neighborhood, again nobody will put up anything with you. People simply look the other way. You paint your house silver with the shine and all, nobody would care. People would just say to themselves "who ever lives in that house probably lost his mind" but that's it, no petitions to force you to change your house, no insults, no nothing even from your neighbors. You might have to put up with people listening to music way to high, but since people here have a respect for the happiness of others, nobody complaints about the high music even if it is at 3am! It's the way Dominicans are!

If you want to live a life of stress in the DR, you can certainly do that! If you want the simple life, you can do that also. The DR has it all and can offer it all to whomever wants it. No restrictions, no adjustments, just whatever makes you happy!! The DR is a modern country with mega supermarkets that carry everything from Heinz Ketchup to Ballpark Hot Dogs and stuff you probably didn't know existed. There are shopping malls to remind you of your homecountry, there are movie theaters with first run movies, there is high speed internet access, satelite TV, Taco Bells, Mc. Donalds, Office Buildings, Highrises, luxury hotels, in short, everything that you are used to exist in the DR. But you can also live the simple life out in the countryside somewhere, coming to civilization for the essentials if that's your wish. The DR is a GREAT country, if you decide to move have the best of luck!!!

MauricioFab32

Jun 10, 2004
Dominican American in Love

Hey Lawyer guy or wanna bee! Obviously the owner of Latinaffairs.com felt a bit bothered by the "libel" of being called a scam, but could it be that maybe he works really hard not to be known as a "scam." It is well known there are scams out there on the net especially that offer those services and he probably works a hell of alot trying to be the exception and not only on not being perceived as a scam,but also in trying to give good customer service.

I have never used the Latinaffairs service, but have any of you guys taken a look at the site? This guy has his phone listed, offers different types of very-personal services, has testimonials, pictures, and I think he updates his site like daily. I think, that before you criticize the owner for not offering this guy a free membership or something like that, you should try swapping shoes first.

As for the Dominican Brazilian thing...well I dont know of any Brazilian women or couples, I just know that I am happily married to a lovely, honest, beautiful, super hard working, understanding, open minded, young Dominican woman for four years and counting. I have never lasted so long with a women and maybe its because of my shortcomings or expectations...but who knows...I'm trully happy.

Come to DR! It really is the best.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Being on vacation and living somewhere are two completely different things.

I listed current events from the past year. A very small sample of stuff going on other there. Take it for what it is worth.

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
JimB said:
Way too many people on this board have the bad habit of putting words in other peoples mouths.

I stand by my words, I know the man well, you do not.

JimB

"Please don't put words in other peoples mouths". I never insulted his wife. I don't even know her and don't know her nationality. My statement was about Dominican girls and was not directed to any individual in particular. Also, you may know the man, I don't. I only know his way of doing business and in my opinion, it is a scam. Maybe you had a good experience but I only know about mine and will never recommend his services to anybody. If he wants to contact his lawyer he has the right to do so. I already contacted mine and it is my right. It is also my right to defend my point of view. Please respect it as I respect yours.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Listen!!

santiagotrav said:
"Please don't put words in other peoples mouths". I never insulted his wife. I don't even know her and don't know her nationality. My statement was about Dominican girls and was not directed to any individual in particular. Also, you may know the man, I don't. I only know his way of doing business and in my opinion, it is a scam. Maybe you had a good experience but I only know about mine and will never recommend his services to anybody. If he wants to contact his lawyer he has the right to do so. I already contacted mine and it is my right. It is also my right to defend my point of view. Please respect it as I respect yours.
Really, santiagotrav, let it go. They are buddies and this guy is sticking for his friend and at the same time publicizing the other guy's site. I don't know the guy nor his company, nor I care, so I am not saying that his company is bad or good, but we are on a democracy and if one wants to voice his unhappiness about something, he can. Let it go, companero. Can't you see how he goes into details of how many girls they have and how good the site is. Is it good?, I really do not give a shi* about it since I have never had the need to use it or hear of it. Common sense says that even if 20 millions are satisfied customers of a company, there are always unhappy ones also. Again, just let it go because I am sure that there were people on this site, as I, that did not know that the company existed. I am sure that some, even, have gone to the site just because of the free publicity. Let it go because I am. Remember, santiagotrav, EVEN BAD PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY. Roger and out!!!!!!!

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
miguel said:
I am sure that some, even, have gone to the site just because of the free publicity. Let it go because I am. Remember, santiagotrav, EVEN BAD PUBLICITY IS GOOD PUBLICITY. Roger and out!!!!!!!

I don't see how they will find the site. I never posted the URL of the site. I didn't even posted their business name. In fact we could be talking about different web sites here.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Well!

santiagotrav said:
I don't see how they will find the site. I never posted the URL of the site. I didn't even posted their business name. In fact we could be talking about different web sites here.
Althought you just mentioned the site's name, guess you wrote the site address?, yes you gussed it, his buddy. Go read his post. Post # 6. Now, do you see what I mean??. Again, Roger and Out!!!!!!

diego

Aug 16, 2003
Once more you?re Words where ??Dominican girls are loud and rude??
With that you insulted about half the Population of this Country, from the President down, his Wife after all is a Dominican Girl and according to you loud and rude.
My Wife is Dominican and I took your Comments as a racist Comment.
You say you been to my Website, then you should know that I am married to a Dominican Lady.
You say you bought some Addresses from me and had a Problem with it?
I do have a 3 for 1 Guarantee. You said you wrote to me and I didn?t answer. Possible, I receive over 1000 E Mails daily, mostly Junk and it is possible your Mail got deleted, that would not be the first time or the last.
Like Mauricio said my phone number is displayed on every Page of my Website?.over 300 times, and it has been there for 6 Years, you had a Problem? Why didn?t you call? But I guess you didn?t see that
You really don?t have an Excuse, but it is so much easier to go yell SCAM, even if you have no Idea what you are talking about, get a Life, or like Bartolomeo said ?Get away from behind your pc and go meet the girls!?

santiagotrav

May 24, 2004
diego said:
Once more you?re Words where ??Dominican girls are loud and rude??
With that you insulted about half the Population of this Country, from the President down, his Wife after all is a Dominican Girl and according to you loud and rude.
My Wife is Dominican and I took your Comments as a racist Comment.
You say you been to my Website, then you should know that I am married to a Dominican Lady.
You say you bought some Addresses from me and had a Problem with it?
I do have a 3 for 1 Guarantee. You said you wrote to me and I didn?t answer. Possible, I receive over 1000 E Mails daily, mostly Junk and it is possible your Mail got deleted, that would not be the first time or the last.
Like Mauricio said my phone number is displayed on every Page of my Website?.over 300 times, and it has been there for 6 Years, you had a Problem? Why didn?t you call? But I guess you didn?t see that
You really don?t have an Excuse, but it is so much easier to go yell SCAM, even if you have no Idea what you are talking about, get a Life, or like Bartolomeo said ?Get away from behind your pc and go meet the girls!?

Who are you to give me orders?? I come from a country where the customer comes first. I just don't think your way of dealing with your customers is the most appropriate and yes, I did emailed you with a complete report of my experience and in a very constructive way. I didn't even ask for a refund and I could like many do. I didn't chargeback my credit card and I could have done that. I didn't ask for anything and yes, I didn't get anything from you, not even an apology or a response to my email. I think that if you really care about your customers you should at least read their emails since it is an internet business and the addresses are delivered via email. Again, I will never use your services again and will warn everybody that is interested in meeting Dominicans about your business. Again, in my opinion, your business is a scam.

Last edited:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Interesting thread.

Enough of the off-topic posts about CR. Go start a new thread, don't destroy an existing one.

Diego... Have you ever heard of "kill them with kindness"?
Sorry, but your customer service skills need some serious work.
Right now, you have lost more customers via this thread than you have gained.

This thread was the perfect opportunity for you to get lot's of free DR1 advertising.
Looks like you might have missed it....

Status
Not open for further replies.