BREAKING NEWS...Dominican Republic Purchases Haiti !

Status
Not open for further replies.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
You wish to bring 100-150 years into focus in the year 2023? Who says (honestly) "they have no interest in Haiti at all" while still playing a game of liar's poker? If you lived in a fine house but had a nuisance neighbor.., dirty, noisy, overrun with problems for you day in and day out, wouldn't you want to rid yourself of those problems? Wouldn't you try to buy them out? I would. And I have done it in the past. Those possibilitis exist here ...IMO.
It's better to have the DR destroyed than to return to Haitian rule. It might be a concept for some to accept if they think everything is about money (or about color/ race, not to be discussed in the forum, but this needs to be thrown outhere), but even if the DR be omes 99% peopled by Haitians it will never return back to Haitian rule or even sharing power with Haitians politicians.

If there is a solution for Haiti, it must come from those in power of Haiti. If it means Haiti will implode on itself and drsg the DR with it due to proximity, then so be it but never return... And never to absorb Haiti into the DR.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It's better to have the DR destroyed than to return to Haitian rule. It might be a concept for some to accept if they think everything is about money (or about color/ race, not to be discussed in the forum, but this needs to be thrown outhere), but even if the DR be omes 99% peopled by Haitians it will never return back to Haitian rule or even sharing power with Haitians politicians.

If there is a solution for Haiti, it must come from those in power of Haiti. If it means Haiti will implode on itself and drsg the DR with it due to proximity, then so be it but never return... And never to absorb Haiti into the DR.
Honestly, I don't understand your post. Where is there an indication that "Haiti will rule"? How does the DR become populated by 99% Haitians? Never said to share power.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Of course eventually Haiti will become an emergent market like the DR.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
China is not stupid enough to be interested in Haiti.
Yes and no. China has deep financial interests in the DR and strategic interests in Cuba as do the Russians in Cuba. Haiti doesn’t suit China’s immediate political and economic expansion needs. Later on down the road, if China becomes a major economic player in the Caribbean, who knows? Chinese companies already based in the DR could easily expand into Haiti if they see a political and economic opportunity to justify it. Their hegemony is relentless.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Haiti has so much downside left, it is unimaginable how much worse it can still get.
Truth. And that is the elephant in the room that is just NOT going away no matter what ones position on border control is. Do we know how to fix the problem? Nope. And that in itself is a problem. I think we all can agree it can't and will not continue without difficulty for the DR.

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I like what johne is trying. Finding some positives on Haiti instead of the always never never crowd. So on the 1 of August Haiti and Denmark are playing in the women’s world cup in soccer.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Truth. And that is the elephant in the room that is just NOT going away no matter what ones position on border control is. Do we know how to fix the problem? Nope. And that in itself is a problem. I think we all can agree it can't and will not continue without difficulty for the DR.
For sure the building of a wall causes the DR economic pain.
The dropping of Haitian babies in DR hospitals taxes the system.
The use of illegal aliens in business, construction and others, violates laws yet remains unpunished causing more violations of laws.
The world is constantly telling the DR to do more and the DR tells them to piss off and do something, which they won't.
And of course more ramifications than that.

Why is there a fix to all problems? There isn't. Some problems, like Haiti, simply cannot be fixed!

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
For sure the building of a wall causes the DR economic pain.
The dropping of Haitian babies in DR hospitals taxes the system.
The use of illegal aliens in business, construction and others, violates laws yet remains unpunished causing more violations of laws.
The world is constantly telling the DR to do more and the DR tells them to piss off and do something, which they won't.
And of course more ramifications than that.

Why is there a fix to all problems? There isn't. Some problems, like Haiti, simply cannot be fixed!
Agree Winde will all...BUT the last line of your post. Reason being, some of the suggestions and opinions would seriously abuse the TOS of DR1. I really don't want to go there as it would seriously abuse my blood pressure. LOL.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Agree Winde will all...BUT the last line of your post. Reason being, some of the suggestions and opinions would seriously abuse the TOS of DR1. I really don't want to go there as it would seriously abuse my blood pressure. LOL.
Well, and that is a deep subject, there are some things that have NO SOLUTION.

Haiti is one of those things. It is simple to see that. Almost everyone in the world has seen this to be true, or they would try to solve that problem yet again.
And fail again.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
  • Haha
Reactions: JD Jones

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Honestly, I don't understand your post. Where is there an indication that "Haiti will rule"? How does the DR become populated by 99% Haitians? Never said to share power.
So you are suggesting Dominicans eliminating Haiti and ruling over Haitians including there politicians?

Riiiiight....

Reactions: windeguy

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Every Dominican knows what coming. Most simply focus on other things because there is nothing anyone can do about it. Uniting with Haiti and not uniting with Haiti, the end result will be the same. It's preferable to not unite with Haiti.

Reactions: aarhus
Status
Not open for further replies.