bus crash on veron-higuey road

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
NY has continous rumble strips on the lane markers for most of the state now. Makes it very clear when you hit the center line or shoulder, but you can still pass.

useless here, as they just fly over 'em like nothing.
the same for speed reducers,
those stu bus drivers and transfer drivers and taxis and truck riders, they just fly by as if nothing would be there.
hence such bad accidents happen all the time.
the best markers and alarming systems are worth shyt, when Mr Stu is on the wheel.
and the road system here around bavaro/punta cana could be such a safe heaven, if just the drivers would have a grain or two of brain.
this morning, AGAIN, on my way to bring the daughter to school,
crossing the Highway/Cabeza de Toro Crossing,
a azzhole in his jeep comes flying thru with a estimated 150kphrs.
did i mention that this crossing has speed reducers on all 4 sides of that dangerous crossing?
i realized his excessive speed right away when i saw him coming from the left from far away, but could do nothing.
the guy in his Toyota Camry in front of me started to cross, and if everybody would have run the reasonable allowed speed it would have been a normal crossing, but in this situation the Camry is crossing and the Azzhole in his Jeepeta sure shyt his pants, he was unable to hit brakes or whatsoever, he flew by the Camry(back of the Camry) by a couple inches, on around 150kphrs.
such driving style on such speed on a simple road, is a criminal act, that Jeepeta driver should loose the driving permit for life and do a coule years real jailtime for highest danger produced intentionally.

Mike

Mike

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
useless here, as they just fly over 'em like nothing.
the same for speed reducers,
those stu bus drivers and transfer drivers and taxis and truck riders, they just fly by as if nothing would be there.
hence such bad accidents happen all the time.
the best markers and alarming systems are worth shyt, when Mr Stu is on the wheel.
and the road system here around bavaro/punta cana could be such a safe heaven, if just the drivers would have a grain or two of brain.
this morning, AGAIN, on my way to bring the daughter to school,
crossing the Highway/Cabeza de Toro Crossing,
a azzhole in his jeep comes flying thru with a estimated 150kphrs.
did i mention that this crossing has speed reducers on all 4 sides of that dangerous crossing?
i realized his excessive speed right away when i saw him coming from the left from far away, but could do nothing.
the guy in his Toyota Camry in front of me started to cross, and if everybody would have run the reasonable allowed speed it would have been a normal crossing, but in this situation the Camry is crossing and the Azzhole in his Jeepeta sure shyt his pants, he was unable to hit brakes or whatsoever, he flew by the Camry(back of the Camry) by a couple inches, on around 150kphrs.
such driving style on such speed on a simple road, is a criminal act, that Jeepeta driver should loose the driving permit for life and do a coule years real jailtime for highest danger produced intentionally.

Mike

Mike

you assume he has a driver?s license.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Weird, ones I have noticed on Caribe busses look almost identical to these but if you say not related

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-bus-wheels-with-central-tire-inflation-system-ctis-57599248.html

I stand corrected, these coaches appear to have this exterior system. Pretty stupid system given such a vulnerable piece of kit is accessible to anyone or thing you may pass. Most off road vehicles, production line road vehicles and racing vehicles do not have this system. But it appears you are correct.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
These were not old school buses that crashed. See the foto with dv8's original post #1.

Everything else you say about the deathly driving is true.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
These were not old school buses that crashed. See the foto with dv8's original post #1.

Everything else you say about the deathly driving is true.

they also use old big busses of other types, which are not the yellow school bus types.
they are in the same shyt conditions and driven by exactly the sam azzhole drivers.
i encounter a number of them on daily bases, all around the area.
i never saw a single one which would have been in shape.

Mike

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
they also use old big busses of other types, which are not the yellow school bus types.
they are in the same shyt conditions and driven by exactly the sam azzhole drivers.
i encounter a number of them on daily bases, all around the area.
i never saw a single one which would have been in shape.

Mike

when you speak about being in shape, i guess you mean maintenance wise.

one day i took a Caribe Tours bus to SD. the trip was marred by the horrendous sound coming from the center line bearing of the driveshaft. the thing was on its last legs. three weeks later, i had to return to the caiptal. same bus. same noise.

i hate to imagine if that bus was sent on the Jarabacoa run, and had to go down the hill, and have the driveshaft break. it would be carnage.

these people do not have a care in the world. one would figure that the driver would report the bus as being defective. i guess he will wait until it finally breaks, and the thing cannot move.

DRandGR

Aug 27, 2007
The 'old' school buses used throughout the area are no different than those used in NY and the rest of the US. In fact most of the school buses I see in the Punta Cana area are from the 1990's and 2000's. They are no older than buses used in the states. The difference is maintenance (or lack of) and the drivers. School buses are very safe vehicles when properly maintained and properly driven. School buses in the area often have bald tires and other obvious problems.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
I take gua guas big and small sometimes. But, luckily never the employee buses : ) I often just feel lucky to be alive.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
I really think Capitan75 that most routes are safe but when you leave Otra Banda and go either left or straight ahead you must take great care .The surrounds are extremely pretty but there are a lot of corners and small villages along the way . On the other hand I think the new autopista , Coral Highway, all the way from the capital to Bavaro gives a very safe bus trip .
Kipling...I can't believe it. You just don't seem to Get It. The routes you say? It is the true dominican jerks, ignorants, machos etc driving. The ones behind the wheel Kipling, and the incredibly greedy non-caring owners of these faulty buses Kipling who are at fault here. They need to be put behind bars and maybe exiled to a tiny island off the coast of Guinea far away from DR. Though of course there are others here just waiting for their chance. Those bus drivers need to be tarred and feathered and
have their hands permanently taped up so they can never drive again. And same for any driver caught in similar situations.
What a tragedy.