Cafe Santo Domingo in Canada?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Sadly with the rising fuel costs, the price of just about all foods is going up. CBC news was talking about the estimated increases we can expect and coffee prices are continuing to climb :ermm: hit's a caffein junky like me pretty hard.. LOL What I don't understand is that they are blaming rising oil prices on the crisis in Lybia, yet they say that they only accound for around 2.5% of the oil supply... :ermm::ermm::ermm:

It is just all about price manipulation, most of the new delivery hasn't even taken place yet, but the minute something happens they jack up the price on the batch on hand, a batch that had nothing to do with the future deliveries.

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
I bought mine in Boca Chica..At the grocers closest to the Boathouse.

And I'll check out that place in vanier.

Peleca

Mar 11, 2009
They sell Cafe Santo Domingo at an Ocean's (Chinese) grocery store in Brampton (410 & 7) for $5!!

bobbyvsk

Mar 18, 2011
I went to Oceans last night after your advice and could not find it... Do you know if they regularly stock this and whether they were selling Ground, Beans, etc. They appear to be sold out right now

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
It is just all about price manipulation, most of the new delivery hasn't even taken place yet, but the minute something happens they jack up the price on the batch on hand, a batch that had nothing to do with the future deliveries.
Sorry, but you have to raise the price today to pay for the future shipment.

Otherwise you'd have to raise capital or use debt/retained earnings allocated for other uses.

Gemcee

Dec 30, 2009
I just wanted to let anyone who lives in Ottawa, Ontario know that they sell pounds for 13.50 at the smoke shop on Dalhousie and Clarence....the price is crazy but if your craving it, it's worth it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
FTR, in a week or so Monte Alto coffee will be available to purchase in the US and Canada online.

Peleca

Mar 11, 2009
bobbyvsk,
Sorry for the late reply...they sell ground. I will pop by there tomorrow and let you know if they have any in stock.

Peleca

Mar 11, 2009
Bobbyvsk,
I just got back from Ocean's at 410 & 7 and they no longer seem to stock it on their shelves. Sorry. No one in there spoke adequate English for me to ask either (didn't help the situation). If I find another place in Brampton i'll definitely let you know.

bobbyvsk

Mar 18, 2011
Hey there... Just checked the oceans grocery store again and they had stock. Picked up some cans... $5.39 for a can. Awesome thanks for the details. They have about 10 cans left.

Anton Suhy

Apr 26, 2011
I like Monte Real better most of the time

I know it isn't Santo Domingo but I found a supplier in New Brunswick Canada that has 1lb bags of ground and whole bean Monte Real for something like $9CAD/lb if I remember right.
I like SD but most of the time I like the chocolaty taste of MR. Just my two cents.
Dominican Coffee Canada
I didn't see anything on the site about shipping to the states so I guess you would have to ask.

Shirley

Jan 2, 2012
San to Domingo Coffee in Vancouver, Canada, or in Bellingham, WA?

I have just joined this website. Like previous posters, I too am addicted to this coffee. Can anyone point me to a supply here out west?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well, here is new news..

Home

These people are from London ON.. but live in RD (10 yrs).. I am familiar with the family.

Just rec'd their first shipment and are up and running.... from a TO warehouse.

Try it.... I have suggested a DR1 advert....

Might be an easy buy -- less than $10 / lb

Jun 18, 2013
Induban is the parent company of Cafe Santo Domingo , and they have many different labels ,, you maybe got the premium bean . It's now available in Canada

T