Canadian Tourists at Bahia Principe "Nightmare Vacation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
As I said last night, too many holes. Gunshots here bring Police, period. This is why I said to wait to morning to sort it out. Since when did the Thunder Bay Paper start following Rio San Juan news? Swiss cheese it is.

Until the holes in the story get sorted out Jelly I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Why is there no local Publicity on this? Only the Thunder Bay paper. Ken will have something in the morning for sure.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
As I said last night, too many holes. Gunshots here bring Police, period. This is why I said to wait to morning to sort it out. Since when did the Thunder Bay Paper start following Rio San Juan news? Swiss cheese it is.

Agreed. Even in the DR it's hard to believe that gunfire at a resort wouldn't result in police presence.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
If this were true then I can not believe more people had not complained about firearms being heard on the grounds, reports about this on trip advisor, 'my neighbours were terrorised', and if firearms were being used there would be no neighbour wandering out of his room to come to their aid. More likely he went to tell them to shut up.

A report on trip advisor only in their mind gains support for when the hotel take legal action against them. Remember the Canadians who attacked that guy on his wedding night and got locked up? It's a case of get to the audience first, gain support and cross fingers no one finds out the truth.

Two girls utterly intoxicated invited two workers back to their room. Then they flipped out on them, the workers knowing they would lose their jobs if found in the room tried to calm them, they wouldn't leave without reassurance the girls wouldn't mention anything. The girls paralytic began screaming from the balcony to get them to leave. The left, security came to investigate only to find they had been partying and annoying the neighbours with their drunken antics with the workers. These girls passed the level of drunkenness into that zone where they are out of control of themselves and who they are, and what they are doing. Cried rape and now need to back it up with the help of TA, silly girls.

Yes, sh1t happens here, but if this had gone on then witnesses would be posting exactly what they witnessed. Up to now that seems to be two drunken female pains in the ass!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I just can't figure out why the women would post this thing on Trip Advisor if it were not true? What is in it for them except this sort of speculation.. that they were drunk and invited the guys in, etc etc?

The hotel certainly has its ENTIRE reputation at stake here as a stronghold of safety in the jungle.. of course they would deny that there was any sort of report filed.

of course, we ain't never gonna know.
Tj

That is a good question, and you are right, we will likely never know what really happened.

But the number of different things reported is what raises the question in my mind: attacked and raped; 3 shots fired at them by a security guard who saw them on balcony; after all this somebody tried to break into the room, they could see the hands come through the door (the security chain allowed enough space to put hand through the opening).

So my questions include.: After all that supposedly went down and the hotel on alert, why would a security guard fire 3 shots at them, what does he have to gain? Why would someone try to break into the same room

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I haven't stayed there but I've never noticed a security guard with a pistol. Always the short shotgun. I doubt they carry three rounds with them.
And the same group of posters from CA are going nuts on TA with this story. I sense agenda.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I believe something happened but probably not the way it is being told..but like they say there is always 3 sides to a story. As far as the hotel's response that is typical. A couple of years ago my mom had a problem at a hotel (well known chain) here. Hotel gave out her room number/name to a taxi driver that had just brought her back from eating at a local restaurant. The taxi driver was calling her room asking if he could take her to the airport. My son was with her and he called the front desk asking who gave her room number/name to the taxi driver. Of course no one knew anything. When she returned to the US she wrote a letter and basically got a generic response. The hotel insisted that of course that would never happen, that their staff is highly trained. They made it like she was lying about it. Funny though about 2 weeks later on TA someone posted a review and had experienced the same thing.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
No fui yo.

... he called the front desk asking who gave her room number/name to the taxi driver. Of course no one knew anything. (...) The hotel insisted that of course that would never happen, that their staff is highly trained.

A Dominican receptionist lying?

Never!

donP

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I read the TA review that was posted by another traveller to this hotel. The response was word for word what they said in response to my mother (she did not post on TA though). Pretty much donP you summed it up...no fui yo.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Tj

That is a good question, and you are right, we will likely never know what really happened.

But the number of different things reported is what raises the question in my mind: attacked and raped; 3 shots fired at them by a security guard who saw them on balcony; after all this somebody tried to break into the room, they could see the hands come through the door (the security chain allowed enough space to put hand through the opening).

So my questions include.: After all that supposedly went down and the hotel on alert, why would a security guard fire 3 shots at them, what does he have to gain? Why would someone try to break into the same room

Why was the door unlocked so that someone could get their hand in to try to release the security chain?

It's no wonder why many women don't report their attacks...because people don't believe them!

Some of it does seem a bit odd but when I went to PC for my first time 9 or so years ago pre-transition (was a woman) with my now ex-wife both of us were pretty harshly bothered by Dominican men, mostly me, which was odd since she was damn hot, apparently Domincans are interested in husky, butchy tattooed gringa's. The pool bartender would not leave me alone. I was not some small innocent femme so if someone tried something I would have gone psycho on their ass.

Some Women are just seen as targets and seem to get attacked over and over. Creeps know the ones to pick!

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Harley, over the years there have been several stories posted on DR1 of assault, even kidnapping, by Dominicans on Canadian tourists and expats. In almost every case the story just did not seem plausible, and in fact many were later found to be fabricated.

On the other hand, how many times have you seen drunken hotel guests causing problems?

Harley, over the years there have been several stories posted on DR1 of assault, even kidnapping, by Dominicans on Canadian tourists and expats. In almost every case the story just did not seem plausible, and in fact many were later found to be fabricated.

On the other hand, how many times have you seen drunken hotel guests causing problems?

Ohh I've seen lots of drunk hotel idiots, it just rubs me the wrong way when people don't believe women who say they have been assaulted. The men here can be pretty forceful from what I have seen!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ohh I've seen lots of drunk hotel idiots, it just rubs me the wrong way when people don't believe women who say they have been assaulted. The men here can be pretty forceful from what I have seen!

Harley, with all due respect, it is not that people do not believe women in these cases. it is just that this story has too many aspects which appear to be embellishments. they lost me when they said that the guard tried to shoot them, blowing out the door.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i am skeptical myself but i see no point of reporting those events to the canadian police. surely, even the drunken canadian mess knows what it means to legally make a claim that is false. one thing is to fabricate a story and post it on TA, but to make an official report to the RCMP is serious. something must have happened.

gun shots can be easily missed. many hotel guests are a bit drunk. most have AC cranked up and windows closed, they would not hear much. some sleep with ear plugs in. and even if the shots were heard, how many people will know 100% sure it was a shot and not a car muffler, thunder or other noise? how many will inquire? how many will bother to post about it on TA?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
A security guard is not going to shoot into the balcony, why would he want to kill them based on what they have said? And risk jail to help out his friends, if that even, it seems crazy he just started shooting. He wasn't even involved. This is beginning to sound like people have been watching scary movie recently, chasing down corridors with hatchets and chainsaws next!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Sorry JD, I am missing your point, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me. A security guard is not going to shot out a balcony of a hotel, why would he under any circumstances? From outside in even if there was reason?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I believe the part about "Two Drunk Canadians"!!!
Wish I had been there to "HELP"!
"HR", I share your concern about women not being "Believed" in assault stories,...However" in this situation, "Trust The DR1, Audience"!
Story has more "Holes" than "Swiss Cheese".
Ranks up there with,.."Businessman wakes up in ice filled hotel bathtub with one of his kidneys removed"!!!
As "Judge Judy" says,.."If it doesn't make sense, It's not true"!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
SOCK STORY.. greedy folks looking to cash in on the Hotel... may the curse of gorgons breath be upon them...

Status
Not open for further replies.