CELL PHONE Question

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Yes, I want to port my number. But it's a Pre-Paid so I was not sure. I already have given my number out to a few places I do business with and want to ensure I keep same one.

so just walk into the next Claro Mainstore and tell 'em exactly that,
you will have the answer within a second.
i know it works fine and hassle free for postpaid/billed numbers,
i would imagine(but that i never tried, so don't know) it works the same fine for a prepaid number to switch providers.

Mike

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
so just walk into the next Claro Mainstore and tell 'em exactly that,
you will have the answer within a second.
i know it works fine and hassle free for postpaid/billed numbers,
i would imagine(but that i never tried, so don't know) it works the same fine for a prepaid number to switch providers.

Mike

Megadivo, the key words in Mike's post are CLARO MAIN STORE. Don't try this at a little kiosk in a mall/supermarket. We had to go to the main/big Claro office in Santo Domingo just to switch to a new small SIM to use my iPhone5.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Megadivo, the key words in Mike's post are CLARO MAIN STORE. Don't try this at a little kiosk in a mall/supermarket. We had to go to the main/big Claro office in Santo Domingo just to switch to a new small SIM to use my iPhone5.

thats correct.
i don't know where you are located, but don't use the little sales stores which have nothing more in common with Claro, other than the same logo printed on teh doors. and they can sell you a prepaid SIM Card, lol.
if you are on the East, there is a Claro MainStore/Head Office for Bavaro/Punta Cana at the maincrossing of Veron.
for the ones in da City, there is one in the middle of Higuey(aside el boulevard de higuey).
i can just "guess", but you should find a headoffice in every City around the isle.

Mike

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
thats correct.
i don't know where you are located, but don't use the little sales stores which have nothing more in common with Claro, other than the same logo printed on teh doors. and they can sell you a prepaid SIM Card, lol.
if you are on the East, there is a Claro MainStore/Head Office for Bavaro/Punta Cana at the maincrossing of Veron.
for the ones in da City, there is one in the middle of Higuey(aside el boulevard de higuey).
i can just "guess", but you should find a headoffice in every City around the isle.

Mike

I'm sure you're right, in every largely populated city. The one in SD is massive, if I remember correctly there were over 20 customer service lines. None that we found in San Cristobal could switch the chip, so had to go there.