Changes in Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
The push is on to make Sosua a more upscale area, thus again pushing the people who have trouble making even a meager living, out of the area? I hear stuff like pushing the people out of Charamicos so a marina can be built

Should these people actually own the property they currently live on, then they have nothing to worry about. Property laws in the DR are cristal clear about this. However, if the goverment or a third party is after this land, then it could be that these people are not the actual owners, for all you know, they could be squatters.

Nevertheless, for not knowing the actual legal status of the people living in this area, I will refrain from commenting. That said, I too have heard varying comments of possible future projects in that area.

janbell

Jan 10, 2009
City Market

Coming down to Cabarete for 10 weeks. Do you know if the city market in Sosua sell beach chairs?

Thanks

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Dear Janbell and windeguy
Janbell they dont sell beach chairs and you might just want to rent them on the beach!
Windeguy, they have things in City Market that you just cant get any where else on the north coast - Icing sugar for instance ; Brit stuff that JR will love like Branston Pickle , Heinz Baked Beans , Marmite and Bovril ; Russian stuff that I cant begin to pronounce, Saki - Rice wine ; German sweets and cakes and much else.

Some things are a few pesos more expensive but think of the petrol/diesel you save !!!

It is a great addition to the Sosua and Cabarete area and so easy to get to - no messing around in Sosua so I feel that time will tell - it will be there!

Merry Christmas

OLLY

ps - I have no involvement with the CityMarket -I just live here!!!

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Not so Olly, many of those things are in fact available at other stores in Puerto Plata. JUST not all in one place....;)

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have searched high and low for "Icing sugar"... even tried to buy some from a hotel kitchen..... no luck

Pulvarisado or soemthing like that maybe super pulvarisado..... I got lost doing it

Glad to know where it find it now

Thank you Olly

Your friend Stan

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Jose Luis and Tropical both have it in Puerto PLata. But I have never seen it at La Sirena.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Some observations about City Market. It looks nice inside. Prices appear to be higher than Playero. I am not sure if they will be competitive, but time will tell.
It might get better, but for now, nothing beats Playero for prices and quality, not even La Sirena.

Status
Not open for further replies.