Changes In Sosua

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
on the subject of changes in sosua. Jetblue has announced flights to Samana from JFK beginning in november. we WILL see some changes for sure now.......

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Where the person was staying has no bearing on what happened to the person in question. The person that was shook down was as much to blame for what happened as the girl was.

Bottom line, you better "know" who you bring into your room/house....PERIOD! I was not blaming Terra Linda anywhere in my post, hotels generally do not get in the middle of cuero/john altercations.

The guy could have easily made an $RD1000 problem go away", instead it turned into a $USD3500 fiasco.

May 29, 2006
Getting involved in altercations is a good way to get arrested yourself. Ask Lou at the Shark Bar about that..

FritoBandito

Bronze
Dec 19, 2009
Check their Cedula with the front desk. No Cedula-- No Gracias! Drugs are another way to get shook down. Getting busted for coke is what, 6 months minimum regardless of amount?

That is the golden rule......I turned away a couple of girls away because they had no cedula on them when we went to check-in at the front desk of the hotel........I don't care how good they look....if they have no cedula on them, that should be a giant red flag that screams to you, "DANGER, DANGER, DANGER!!!!!!!"

I had an incident, a couple of trips ago, where I physically ejected a chica from my room after I told her to leave and she refused.....she called the cops on me, said that I beat her up, and I had to pay $100 US to the policia to get her to leave.
After that, I became extremely leery of picking up girls I didn't know....I then just stuck with my barrio girls whom I could trust....

There's a lot of riff-raff running around on Pedro Clisante these days, and as far as the average street chica's trustibility goes, that has gone way way down since I started going to the DR back in 2007.

May 29, 2006
That is the golden rule......I turned away a couple of girls away because they had no cedula on them when we went to check-in at the front desk of the hotel........I don't care how good they look....if they have no cedula on them, that should be a giant red flag that screams to you, "DANGER, DANGER, DANGER!!!!!!!"

I had an incident, a couple of trips ago, where I physically ejected a chica from my room after I told her to leave and she refused.....she called the cops on me, said that I beat her up, and I had to pay $100 US to the policia to get her to leave.
After that, I became extremely leery of picking up girls I didn't know....I then just stuck with my barrio girls whom I could trust....

There's a lot of riff-raff running around on Pedro Clisante these days, and as far as the average street chica's trustibility goes, that has gone way way down since I started going to the DR back in 2007.

I was at a Dominican Bachata party once as the only gringo there and this sweet young thing started to hit on me. Great looking, but definitely not 18. The Dominican men thought I was an fool for passing her up and laughed when I said she was "too young." No thanks. You get busted in the DR and you get a record as a sex felon in the US. I think you can even be prosecuted back home. When Dominican men sleep with a minor(within reason) the law doesn't exist. But if a 21 y/o foreigner sleeps with a girl who is a week shy of 18, Cuidado!.

Then there was that little incident with the owner of the Voodoo Lounge and an underage Haitian girl about 6 years ago. That prob cost him a lot more than US$3500, but I never found out how that panned out.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Sounds like they're making the right moves.

The cruise ship dock is supposed to come online in the next 24-30 months or so, and Sosua has by far the prettiest easily accessible beach and decent town within a 30 minute drive. Clearly, the Sosua politicos, merchants and powers-that-be get that, and it's admirable to see them making an effort to encourage more lucrative tourism.

The "scene" will always be there in one form or the other (the cruise ships depart in the p.m.), but it's nice to hear it is more discreet than in the past.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

Why not just STOP messing with HOOKERS, your paying for sex from a young lady, and you are checking for I.D. tell me your JOKING.

Mister J

May 21, 2012
So there is only heterosexual prostitution in Sosua. Man...I'm gonna have to change my plans. :disappoin

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
When Dominican men sleep with a minor(within reason) the law doesn't exist.

Not entirely true.. in this kind of situation it is all about the payoff...if the local guy doesn't treat her well, gives her regalos, some money etc (this goes for foreigners too).. then he will also be visited by the same problems, relative to his means..