Changes In Sosua

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Spent the day in Sosua today and of course had the BIG breakfast at Rockys. 4 fried eggs sunny side up, bacon, ham, pancake, banana, 4 slices of toast with butter and pineapple spread..........It was excellent and priced right, 210 pesos....
Try and get that, at that price, anywhere else in Sosua......

B in Santiago

May 29, 2006
Spent the day in Sosua today and of course had the BIG breakfast at Rockys. 4 fried eggs sunny side up, bacon, ham, pancake, banana, 4 slices of toast with butter and pineapple spread..........It was excellent and priced right, 210 pesos....
Try and get that, at that price, anywhere else in Sosua......

B in Santiago

Or in the US for that matter...

imlosttoo

Apr 27, 2009
Dear Mr. Moderator: My above post prompted a flood of PM's. I have the information I was looking for and will never ask about singing in the DR ever again. So please don't ban me. From now on I will be looking for practical information. I am so there!!!!!!!!! Viva DR!

So what were your answers? PM me

May 29, 2006
If I was in a bar in Sousa and met a girl with an enchanting voice and wanted her to come back to my hotel and sing to me. How many usd would be expected for a virtuoso performance?

The street/bar girls all have terrible singing voices. How their throats get so damaged is a complete mystery..

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Dear Mr. Moderator: My above post prompted a flood of PM's. I have the information I was looking for and will never ask about singing in the DR ever again. So please don't ban me. From now on I will be looking for practical information. I am so there!!!!!!!!! Viva DR!

Are you the same potatohead who is on ISOC asking guys to join you in a contest?

spanky27312

Dec 7, 2008
My family loves going to terra linda and having the big pool to ourselfs---chica hunters sleep all day and don't swim--I also can look at a hot chica out of the corner of my eye----seriously john should promote that idea to families.

theheights718

Jan 27, 2009
Most towns anywhere has that strip that some tourist would rather not visit and where others go there for. This site, to me is more for those looking to enjoy the other side of Sosua or anywhere else in the DR, away from the nightlife/drugs/prostitution. No one said it does not exist, they are just explaining there is much more than what some speak of. A kind no thanks, or no gracias goes a long way. If you want to know about the other stuff, thats why they have sites like ISOC(since it stands for InSearchOfChicas).

Now lets get back to on goings in Sosua...is there any other changes people are noticing?

Aug 21, 2007
I have been here more than 6 years. Just this morning, I had a discussion with my husband about all the improvements to Sosua since I first moved here. Here are just a few.....

1. Dirt roads have been paved and repaired, such as La Mulatta Rd, the road to Playa Grande, and other side streets.
2. Internet is reliable and fast.
3. Electricity no longer is off for days at a time, unless there has been a huge storm.
4. Playero is more like a first world super market. It used to have unwrapped meat in an open case. You would just pick out what you want, but never know whether someone sneezed on it first. Now, it has many imported foods and is much, much cleaner.
5. There are plenty of international-type restaurants.
6. More imported food is available everywhere.
7. We no longer hear stories- regularly- regarding shootings, stabbings, or murders on Pedro Clisante. When it does happen, it is widely discussed, as it is not a usual happening.
8. Much fewer shoe shine boys and beggers.
9. The town is cleaner and maintenance is visible.

These are just a few improvements. I am sure others who have been here can name more.

Lindsey

Mar 2, 2008
I have been here more than 6 years. Just this morning, I had a discussion with my husband about all the improvements to Sosua since I first moved here. Here are just a few.....

1. Dirt roads have been paved and repaired, such as La Mulatta Rd, the road to Playa Grande, and other side streets.
2. Internet is reliable and fast.
3. Electricity no longer is off for days at a time, unless there has been a huge storm.
4. Playero is more like a first world super market. It used to have unwrapped meat in an open case. You would just pick out what you want, but never know whether someone sneezed on it first. Now, it has many imported foods and is much, much cleaner.
5. There are plenty of international-type restaurants.
6. More imported food is available everywhere.
7. We no longer hear stories- regularly- regarding shootings, stabbings, or murders on Pedro Clisante. When it does happen, it is widely discussed, as it is not a usual happening.
8. Much fewer shoe shine boys and beggers.
9. The town is cleaner and maintenance is visible.

These are just a few improvements. I am sure others who have been here can name more.

Lindsey

Hear, hear, Lindsay.

Sosua is an interesting and great place to live. I have noticed the same positive changes in the 4-5 years I have been living here also, and I thought it was good enough to move to before that. I have no regrets.

Obviously, there are still some trade offs to be considered, but overall things are definitely improving, and it's my guess they will continue to do so.

Noballs

May 27, 2012
Dafishguy , Nice job saving that guys ass that got set up and hauled off to the dungeon. It was very honorable!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Dafishguy , Nice job saving that guys ass that got set up and hauled off to the dungeon. It was very honorable!

Kudos to Rick...this ain't Kansas, buyer beware of tainted Toto!
This is the third time in the past few weeks a tourist was set up in Sosua by a chica.

DO NOT bring girls back to your room if you do not trust them, this is low season.

Last edited:

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
DO NOT bring girls back to your room if you do not trust them, this is low season.

this still happens to people ? wow !! been on this website 6 years reading and learning and never had a problem. perhaps the "new" crowd doesn't read ? maybe we need more pictures on this site :laugh:

potatohead

May 10, 2012
Most towns anywhere has that strip that some tourist would rather not visit and where others go there for. This site, to me is more for those looking to enjoy the other side of Sosua or anywhere else in the DR, away from the nightlife/drugs/prostitution. No one said it does not exist, they are just explaining there is much more than what some speak of. A kind no thanks, or no gracias goes a long way. If you want to know about the other stuff, thats why they have sites like ISOC(since it stands for InSearchOfChicas).
I have heard that ISOC is a sex tourist site for pedophiles.......you don't want your name on their membership list when that site gets taken down........it will be taken down hard......

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005

this still happens to people ? wow !! been on this website 6 years reading and learning and never had a problem. perhaps the "new" crowd doesn't read ? maybe we need more pictures on this site :laugh:

A guy was extorted for $US3500 on Friday night in Sosua staying @ Terra Linda, no need for your wise-a$$ remarks Kyle.

May 29, 2006
Kudos to Rick...this ain't Kansas, buyer beware of tainted Toto!
This is the third time in the past few weeks a tourist was set up in Sosua by a chica.

Check their Cedula with the front desk. No Cedula-- No Gracias! Drugs are another way to get shook down. Getting busted for coke is what, 6 months minimum regardless of amount?

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
oh i see, my first amendment rights are no good when it comes to certain people. is this backlash from the Rocky's thread ?