Christmas Pardons

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
this year's pardons are a pure joke.
those guys brought with their multibillion actions more misery to the dominican public than a simple assassin could do.
the gubmin shows with that action just more corrupt than they are anyways.
did Leo receive a special baninter/plan renove x-mas gift??
happy holidays
Mike

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
According to a piece in Clave, the pardon doesn't let Vivian Lubrano off the hook for the RD$18 billion fine
Juristas califican de irregular, absurdo e inconstitucional indulto a Vivian Lubrano :: CLAVE digital

The piece also notes how Dominican bloggers are objecting to the pardons - some are sporting a banner like this
sacandomelao
others have changed their banner to black, like Remolacha
www.Remolacha.net
go to Bloggers y periodistas se visten de negro contra la impunidad - and journalists such as Maria Soldevila
con mis ojos

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Symbolic stuff like the above is what keeps me optimistic of the rocky future of the DR. There are more Dominicans out there that give a dam than we think. Keep it up!!!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I wish the organisers a VERY high turn out, not just because I am disgusted at the President's high handed attitude in this matter but more because I am delighted to see 'the general public' being motivated by journalistic exposure of wrong doings.

I hope the trend to expose corruption, acts of autonomy, misuse of public money etc. etc ............... by reasoned press articles that stir the minds of readers, continues to draw public wrath in a manner that allows progress into far more equitable 'Democracy'!! ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Well according to Clave, guaguas came bearing protestors from as far away as Barahona & Saman?
Cientos de personas exigen a Fern?ndez revocar los indultos antes del 6 de enero

Photos here
"De Negro contra la Impunidad " realiza protesta por indultos LF

Imagenesdominicanas.com: Im?genes Protesta Contra la Impunidad y los Indultos

32 pics here
CLAVE DIGITAL - MULTIMEDIA

joan guerrero/blog: De negro contra la impunidad

Two more organisations have spoken out against the pardons, Colegio de Abogados
http://www.elcaribecdn.com/articulo_multimedios.aspx?id=198571&guid=0988EEEA3CDE4C9C9358AB89000E731B&Seccion=63

and La Fundaci?n Justicia y Transparencia
http://www.elcaribecdn.com/articulo_multimedios.aspx?id=198543&guid=CDF85E8A0EC54D2382EE36CE6868CA9F&Seccion=63

Protestors have suggested President should reflect by January 6th. or demos might intensify. Among the groups represented were Juventud Rebelde, Justicia Global, La Revuelta, Participaci?n Ciudadana, Foro Social Alternativo and La Lucha.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Gosh! The President gave a press conference 'explaining' the pardons
LF justifica y defiende indultos a Vivian Lubrano y otros

Reactions of Huchi Lora & Nuria Piera here (scroll down)
http://www.elcaribecdn.com/articulo_multimedios.aspx?id=198814&guid=F702B42DB8A74F8A89E3FF3571F44278&Seccion=63

Meanwhile Vivian Lubrano is back in the clinic
Vivian Lubrano internadanuevamente encl?nica Abel Gonz?lez

and says she didn't deceive the President
Vivian Lubrano agradece indulto al Presidente y asegura no lo enga?a

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
BS talking about health conditions aso as the reason to let the poor chic out.
the article even states that he said the people investigating 'who to send home' did not present others with health probs.
what a joke.
with such clear lies he is loosing any bit left of credibility, whoi will believe a lier of such caliber?
each prison is full of prisoners with health probs, he should just visit any of 'em, any, and he would see.
i believe more than ever that he is a real dollar multimillionaire since this christmas.
happy new year
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
i agree a 100% with Nuria.
Antonio Marte for example never for not even one day been in real prison, he lived there in a space and comfort much better than a average working dominican citizen is living avery day.
i am on the other side against the discussion to take away the pardon's decisions from the executiva, from the President's decision, it is worldwide usual that such pardon's/decisions are taken by the leader of the country.
but i plee for investigations of the president to make clear what and who got something out of that non-publically-agreed decisions.
for me myself the president lost 100% of credibility with the pardon's he signed.
and with all them together he shows very clear his personel involvement in private and public corruption on the highest level, of course that's my point of view and my personel opinion, the way i see it.
Mike

Mar 2, 2008
"Would this change your mind, Mike?"
YouTube - parodia al presidente

Very funny Ginnie!

I wasn't aware they had parody like that in the DR. I'd like to see more of it. It demonstrates a very sophisticated sense of humor, and at a level I hadn't noticed before.

Very enlightening, and I loved the hair. I wish I had hair like that.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
On a positive side to all of this:
Have you notice that popular protests are taking place nowadays more often than not in the country? It seems like the people have found an effective way to pressure the politicians without having to use the judicial system to that aim.

I guess that from now on pressure from the people will be the new 4th power in our constitution and rightly so! As WE THE PEOPLE hold the real power of the country and its future...

I hope that the Sunland case blows open and all those involved with it are forced to step down from their public offices. We need to bring about a real change so that all of them understand that they'll be held accountable for their actions real time while holding public jobs in any administration.

I'm starting to sound like I'll be running for office...

Should I? Arturo Pichardo for Presidente 2012??????

I would make Juan Luis Guerra my vice running mate if I did do that!~(He would gladly run with me!!!!)

Lic. Jose Alba, Secretario Administrativo de la Presidencia.

Lic. Victor J. Pichardo, Secretario Tecnico de la Presidencia.

Lic. Orlando Pichardo, Secretario de Estado de Interior y Policia.

Ing. P. Arturo Pichardo, Secretario de Estado de Industria y Comercio.

Lic. Theresa Nin, Secretaria de Estado de la Mujer.

M. J. Candelier, Secretario de Estado de las Fuerzas Armadas.

Lic. Charles Marinez, Secretario de Estado de Turismo.

Lic. Pablo Cassals, Secretario de Estado de Educacion.

Winston "chilote" Llenas, Secretario de Estado de Deportes, Educacion Fisica y Recreacion.

Dr. Aulio Collado Anico, Secretario de Estado de Salud Publica y Asistencia Social.

Lic. Erasmo Mena, Secretario de Estado de Relaciones Exteriores.

Diandino, Secretario de Estado de Obras Publicas.

Lic. Juan Romero, Secretario de Estado de Trabajo.

My cabinet's main people...

Now... Should I run?!?

Do you think I would make a good Presidente or a lousy corrupt one?