Christmas Pardons

Mar 2, 2008
Although I have taken the opposite view from Pichard on many occasions, and we rarely agree about anything, I do believe he would make a very good candidate for president. I also believe he would conduct himself honorably and with integrity throughout the campaign.

However, I have to add that I'm not sure if he would be able to remain true to his beliefs when and if he was elected. In fact, I believe that anyone with integrity would be confronted by overwhelming contradictions, and find it most difficult to remain uncorrupted, once they attained a position of power.

In a position such as the presidency, in order to accomplished anything compromises must be made. No one could allow themselves the luxury of remaining completely true to their ideals, when faced with the option of accomplishing something or accomplishing nothing. There are too many interests that need to be considered.

When in a position of power, leaders are often faced with a choice between compromise or complete failure. The question then becomes, what, how, and when to compromise. Not an easy or enviable position to be in.

Supposedly, democracy allows everyone to sit at the table of decision. The reality is, only a select few actually get a seat. How a person conducts himself once at the table is something is difficult to foresee. There are many variables at play once seated.

In order to arrive at the table, one must make it through a very brutal process of elimination. That process includes dealing with some very powerful people, and too often those people are not there to further a moral agenda.

The long and the short of it is, while Picardo may be honest in his beliefs, and true to his moral convictions, I'm not convinced any one of us could, or would, remain completely uncompromised, in a position of power and influence.

There are too many deals to be made, and too many devils to make them with.

Nov 25, 2008
This just proves that if your going to steal in the goverment, steal alot, so that you can declare mentally insane and have the president feel sorry [sorry = $$$$$$]; that's the Dominican System

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Quote\\\
Cody Permitanme reir.... Ahora se piensa en comision para indultar?, pero si mi memoria no me falla se indultaron un grupo de intelectuales que por sus pequenos errores no debiron estar presos. Pero bien, asi es nuestro pais, un lugar donde el delito y las violaciones a las leyes son legales. Pero esos delincuentes que quizas por hambre o por injusticias estan presos, no merecen ser indultados, sin embargo, los intelectuales del plan renove y del desfalco de los bancos si lo merecen, ya que estan enfermos y necesitan ser tomados en cuanta por humanidad. Hay Dios mio!!!!que politicos mas nobles y humanitarios tenemos, gracias por ese privilegio.
///Quote///

i lied that quoted answer most of all.
so true
Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Quote\\\
Cody Permitanme reir.... Ahora se piensa en comision para indultar?, pero si mi memoria no me falla se indultaron un grupo de intelectuales que por sus pequenos errores no debiron estar presos. Pero bien, asi es nuestro pais, un lugar donde el delito y las violaciones a las leyes son legales. Pero esos delincuentes que quizas por hambre o por injusticias estan presos, no merecen ser indultados, sin embargo, los intelectuales del plan renove y del desfalco de los bancos si lo merecen, ya que estan enfermos y necesitan ser tomados en cuanta por humanidad. Hay Dios mio!!!!que politicos mas nobles y humanitarios tenemos, gracias por ese privilegio.
///Quote///

i lied that quoted answer most of all.
so true
Mike

just realized my typo in yesterday's post of mine.
of course i meant LIKED.
the "k" been missing.
sorry
Mike

Funnyyale26

Bronze
Dec 15, 2006
I aplogize in advance if this has been posted somewhere else...but

Ya que a la lacra presidencial no se commovio por el pueblo dominicano en cumplir justicia a ese robo macabro del Banco Interconinental, nuestro padre de la Patria Estados Unidos...si la hizo, al menos parcialmente.

EE.UU. revoca visado a Vivian Lubrano

Maybe she wants to take a Yola now?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I aplogize in advance if this has been posted somewhere else...but

Ya que a la lacra presidencial no se commovio por el pueblo dominicano en cumplir justicia a ese robo macabro del Banco Interconinental, nuestro padre de la Patria Estados Unidos...si la hizo, al menos parcialmente.

EE.UU. revoca visado a Vivian Lubrano

Maybe she wants to take a Yola now?
There are fancy yolas for people like her, like last month's "missing" plane.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Now here's a nice story. Remember how earlier in the thread it was suggested that perhaps those more deserving of a pardon than those who received one, were those prisoners who had served their sentence but were still in jail because they couldn't afford to pay their fines? Luis Alvarez Renta and Fabio Ruiz working with the Najayo Improvement Committee have organised funds through private donations to release 50 such prisoners, all of whose crimes were minor ones. Thus far 45 have been released.

Alvarez Renta paga fianza a 50 presos de c?rcel Najayo - ElNacional.com.do