COLOMBIA International Flight: Mandatory E-Registration = FAIL

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
retired English teacher (30 years)
Hello All,

Tomorrow will be my wife's first time on an airplane and the first time leaving the D.R. and she is 61. But problems! We are flying SDQ < PTY < MDE on Copa. Copa sent am message with the requirement that an e-form must be completed: migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro The form is broken. There are three fields that are greyed out and/or do not permit me to enter information and I'm not allowed to continue. I've tried different browsers, etc. I also emailed administration at the website (and I have proof of that email) asking how I might provide the required information manually.

Our flight leaves around 6:30 AM on Thursday and we'll be hanging out at Las Americas at 6:00 PM tomorrow, around 12 hours before our flight leaves. Now I'm thinking we should leave earlier as the COPA desk might be closed in the evening, so that we have time to resolve this should they say we cannot fly without this form.

I'd appreciate any advice.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Use this site.. Is the official DR Govt. E Ticket site. It will work in either English or Spanish. You should fill out 2 separate ones for going and coming back ........There is an option to Email it to yourself, and you can also print a PDF to show the airlines..........

Reactions: CristoRey

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think there are two different forms that need to be filled out - an eTicket for departing the DR and a Colombian equivalent for entering Colombia(?). It seems that most countries are using "e-tickets" these days.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Hello All,

Tomorrow will be my wife's first time on an airplane and the first time leaving the D.R. and she is 61. But problems! We are flying SDQ < PTY < MDE on Copa. Copa sent am message with the requirement that an e-form must be completed: migracioncolombia.gov.co/pre-registro The form is broken. There are three fields that are greyed out and/or do not permit me to enter information and I'm not allowed to continue. I've tried different browsers, etc. I also emailed administration at the website (and I have proof of that email) asking how I might provide the required information manually.

Our flight leaves around 6:30 AM on Thursday and we'll be hanging out at Las Americas at 6:00 PM tomorrow, around 12 hours before our flight leaves. Now I'm thinking we should leave earlier as the COPA desk might be closed in the evening, so that we have time to resolve this should they say we cannot fly without this form.

I'd appreciate any advice.
Seems to be all fields accessible to me. Make sure you do not have a VPN in the way

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Seems to be all fields accessible to me. Make sure you do not have a VPN in the way
No VPN. I'll try a different computer and OS. Also, I emailed admin at the site and received an automated response in including a link for chat. That was broken too. At least I have documentation for attempt to communicate. Drop-down menu for city was vacant; airline and origin were greyed out; error message on flight number which I overcame after putting it in 10 or so times.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Use this site.. Is the official DR Govt. E Ticket site. It will work in either English or Spanish. You should fill out 2 separate ones for going and coming back ........There is an option to Email it to yourself, and you can also print a PDF to show the airlines..........

Thanks for this. I'll fill it out. But we're talking about two different e-forms. COPA sent me one for Colombia, not for D.R.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
You might have to try a couple of different devices to get the form to work. If memory serves me correct, when they ask for the flight number, just fill in the number and not any letter that is included in your flight number.

If successful, they will email you a QR code. Take a photo of the code to show at the airport. When you leave Colombia, you will have to fill out the form again.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
Thanks for this. I'll fill it out. But we're talking about two different e-forms. COPA sent me one for Colombia, not for D.R.
This site is also failing. There are fields that are not clickable and I cannot enter information. Obviously there's a problem on my end. I'll try a different computer and a different OS, then if that doesn't work, Claro from my smartphone . . .

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I am not sure it works anymore and if it’s required. I forgot about it and then wasn’t asked. What about all the tourists coming into Punta Cana to a resort. Does anybody really care ?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I am not sure it works anymore and if it’s required. I forgot about it and then wasn’t asked. What about all the tourists coming into Punta Cana to a resort. Does anybody really care ?
Not so much coming here, but leaving they DO care. And Copa is one of the worst at this. They told me once quite awhile ago that you have to fill it out 42 hours in advance, not sooner. Which is completely wrong. Also Copa once from Las Vegas connection to PUJ asked for a return ticket. I showed her a DR Passport that was just expired and I did not have time yet to get a new one. The idiot tells me it is no good. Like they give you a passport when you are not a citizen. So I showed my Cedula and she had NO idea what it was. Fortunately the girl running the counter right next to us said it is good. Morons working check in for Copa..............But that aside, Copa is one of the better airlines out there................

Reactions: aarhus

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
OP Summary: Thanks, all, you your help. For the D.R. e-form, I completed one for my wife and one for me and the QR codes and written data are photographed and on my smartphone. It occurred to me that possibly the Colombian form, which COPA said was required, is for Colombian citizens. I don't know. At any rate, I tried filling it out both on Windows with Orange and on my Android tablet with Claro and both instances failed in the exact same way: 1. the drop=down menu for "city arriving from" is blank and the field is greyed out, 2. Two fields for the airline and the city for the airline are greyed out. Impossible to proceed. And the chat "help" link I received when I wrote (in Spanish) to Administration at the site also failed. I have a list of the failures and I have the email response as documentation. If someone asks me about this, I'll just have to explain the situation and ask to fill out the information manually. I have no choice.

And speaking of the D.R. form: The code to retrieve you app always failed. It's never worked once for me. Out of many 5 flights, I was only asked to show this form one time.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
There are many pages on the Tripadvisor Forum about how to deal with the form. If all else fails, show up early to the airport and try to get some expert help.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I am hardly a computer guy, but the operating system seems to play a role. Google chrome works for me.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I will try and fill in the form when I fly out. Does anyone know what it is for ?

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
You should have the phone number of the place that you are staying as you might be asked upon arrival.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
You should have the phone number of the place that you are staying as you might be asked upon arrival.
This is beginning to sound like Cuba. Are you sure about this ?

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
THIS IS A MESS. The WEB is littered with persons who have failed to complete this form. Here are some points: (1) It appears that the form is mandatory for all entrants, regardless of nationality, (2) There are sites that you can pay to process the form such as colombia-checkmmig.com Of course, the price is hiddent until you complete the form; $35.00 per person. I can't prove it but this strongly smacks of fraud and I refuse to pay, (3) It appears that the form is called Check-MIG Colombia or in Spanish "formulario check-mig Colombia.", (4) I found many suggested links to variations of the official site and they all returned 404 errors, (5) Here is the failure (for me): Page 2 of 5: ?De que ciudad viene el vuelo? ; Digite la ciudad; Debes seleccionar tu ruta. When you try to input your city, regardless of what you input, SDQ, Santo Domingo, PTY, it initiates a drop-down menu. The drop-down menu will not populate, so you cannot select. Neither can you enter a city manually. With that field blank, you cannot continue, (6) If they refuse to let us board, I'm going to make a scene. and be very aggressive, insisting that I sort this with Colombian immigration upon my arrival. I have two pages of error messages and a return email from the officiaal site whose help link failed, (7) I found a YouTube video from "somebody" who said that the site was not functioning and that you need to communicate directly with immigration personell. Low credibility on that--not a government official, just somebody. I bought no refund tickets from Expedia and went to customer support. They cannot help and have no advice.

Lucas61

Jun 13, 2014
OP P.S. The site mentioned above that charges . . . I filled out the information to probe the site, then aborted. Of course, by that time, I had given my email. So now I've received a follow-up email to continue to payment. And it arrived in my Gmail spam folder. So that's that.