Coming To Puerto Plata Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbforbis

Oct 3, 2003
Hotel Review

As I mentioned, this was not our first to the D.R., nor our first time at an AI resort.

As I mentioned, it truly shows that they are operating on a shoestring. Also, my husband & I, nor the others in our group do not require much, nor are we picky eaters. I am usually the first to defend such a thing.

They are operating on the bare minimum amount of employees, the bare bones when it came to food service etc. The lack of available bottled water, it is very obvious that they are cutting back. I would assume (at least in part anyway) that is has to do with the devaluation of the peso.

It should also be noted that this is the first time that I have ever felt compelled to write a bad review about a hotel. But again, never, never, never will we ever stay at another Occidental Hotel or book another trip with Sunquest.

We will of course return to the country probably in the fall. It is the people that bring us back. I'm sure that with some research, we will find a locally owned hotel, (Occidental Hotels are not owned by the Dominican People) and have a much better experience while probably saving money.

SPRINGFEVER

Jan 20, 2004
BOTTLED WATER

If there is a lack of bottled water is there somewhere near that you can get it? Unfortunatly I booked at Jack Tar because my travel agent said Iberostar wasnt opening anymore rooms to them. I guess I'm stuck !!! Thanks again

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Bottled water, from little Evian bottles to the huge plastic jugs for the water dispensers is widely availabe everywhere, including in the Playa Dorada complex.

Tom (aka XR)

SPRINGFEVER

Jan 20, 2004
It's 2004 I'm coming back for more!!!!

:bunny: :bunny: So is there anything new in hotels? Did they ever remodel Playa Naco? What about Sousoa any new hotels I want to check out, or old ones refurbished? Snow Bunny

Last edited:

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
SPRINGFEVER said:
MYSELF AND A FRIEND ARE COMING IN FEB. TO STAY AT JACK TAR VILLAGE. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT. WE ARE WOMEN IN OUR 40'S LOOKING FOR ALOT OF SUN AND FUN. WHERE ARE THE BEST TOURS, RUM RUNS AND SUCH? I WANT TO GO WHERE THE VEHICLES ARE SAFE AND GUIDES THAT WE CAN TRUST. ALSO WHERE TO BUY THE BEST JEWELRY CHEAP. SNORKELING, IS THERE PLACES TO GO THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO GO BY BOAT OR IF SO WHAT BOAT? CANT WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS COLD!!:cool:

Looking for fun huh? Well the sankies can show you ladies some serios fun.
The Island is safe so no need to worry. Have a wonderfull trip.

SPRINGFEVER

Jan 20, 2004
It's 2005 I'm coming back for more!!!!

Okay so my brain is froze up in this frozen tundra. Am I am so lucky to have you guys telling me the year and to STOP YELLING you missed that I spelled Sosua wrong, opps your slipping! But really thanks for all your info. I really do appreciate it. Last year was so fun, what is up with the hotel Riu Merengue??

Snow Bunny :bunny:

SPRINGFEVER

Jan 20, 2004
Okay whats a sankie???

stallion said:
Looking for fun huh? Well the sankies can show you ladies some serios fun.
The Island is safe so no need to worry. Have a wonderfull trip.
I'm probably sorry I asked huh?

Snow Bunny

Status
Not open for further replies.