Countries that ALLOW DOMINICAN CITIZENS to EnTer as Tourist Visa Free/

slimshade328

Dec 4, 2005
Cuba Transport

You can call Air Jamaica and theywill give you the rate over the phone. They just won't sell it to someone in a restricted area. You can still get the rate though. Just last week, the representative told me it was around 400 from Kingston, Jamaica to Havana, CU

TCIDR said:
Most of the countries dominican are permitted visa free are far from the DR.
It appear the cuba would be the one of the closer ones.
I have a dominican friend whom I would like to travel with outside of the DR to one of those country that visas is not permitted.
Which on those countries would we be able to get to for around $300 bucks or less, on a direct flight or without having to go via the USA or a visa required country?

I've tried in getting prices for Cuba from the DR, but most of the website don't provide transaction for cuba

Its_where_I_Belong

Nov 5, 2005
Cubana de aviacion

Santo Domingo
Pais: Rep?blica Dominicana
Tel?fonos: (1-809) 227 2040, 227 2041, 227- 2042
Fax: (1-809) 227- 2044
Direcci?n: Avenida Tiradentes y 27 de Febrero, Plaza Merengue, local 209.
E- mail: cubana.aviacion@codetel.net.do
Aeropuerto: Aeropuerto Internacional Jos? Fco. Pe?a G?mez

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
Has anyone got any experience of a dominican travelling to Japan?

Is there any way of getting there via a country which doesn't need a transit visa?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
DD

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can go through any European Union country or England without a Visa. You just need a connecting flight.

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
what about if you need to change airports in London.....direct flights from POP fly into Gatwick but flights to Tokyo go from Heathrow....do you know whether the no visa rule states that your connecting flight must depart from the same airport? I am assuming so...hmm.....

what other european countries can you fly to direct from the DR?

Thanks
DD

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
daydream said:
what about if you need to change airports in London.....direct flights from POP fly into Gatwick but flights to Tokyo go from Heathrow....do you know whether the no visa rule states that your connecting flight must depart from the same airport? I am assuming so...hmm.....

what other european countries can you fly to direct from the DR?

Thanks
DD

Spain (Iberia), France (Air France), Netherlands (Martinair), Germany (Condor), Belgium (Jetairfly). Maybe more (Italy?).

By the way, the Schengen countries do have airport transit visa, but Dominicans don't need them.

Last edited:

annier

Dec 18, 2005
I am new her so please be kind. A group of friends have chartered a gulet in Turkey and there are spare places. What would be best way for 2 Dominicans to travel there and does anyone know what visas would be needed. We all fly from Gatwick so that may be best. Would transit visas be required for passing through UK? Does anyone have any links for Turkish Embassy? Is cost likely to be prohibitive? I only seem to be able to find flights from UK to DR. Any useful travel agents or websites which I can try.

Thanks in advance for your help.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Visa to non-Western countries

We know it can be pretty hard to impossible to get visa for North America or Europe, but I wondered how hard it is for Dominicans to get a visa to other countries they need visa for, countries like Brazil, Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela. Is it a formality, like when Europeans or Americans need a visa for Brazil or Russia, or is it just as hard as getting a US, Canadian or European visa?

daydream

Bronze
Sep 19, 2004
qgrande said:
Spain (Iberia), France (Air France), Netherlands (Martinair), Germany (Condor), Belgium (Jetairfly). Maybe more (Italy?).

By the way, the Schengen countries do have airport transit visa, but Dominicans don't need them.

Thanks for this.

Does anyone have experience of travelling via a Schengen country with a dominican? How did it go at the airport?

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
daydream said:
Thanks for this.

Does anyone have experience of travelling via a Schengen country with a dominican? How did it go at the airport?

My husband flew via Germany to the UK, he did not need a Schengen visa as he was only connecting, everything was fine. Hope this helps