Damn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
There are tons of degrading discussions about old members, why were they allowed to continue??

SHALENA

With each other yes and soon or later someone will shut it down or clean it up but to start a new thread and carry on is just WRONG!!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I don't mind if it is closed but there is nothing in this thread that is remotely close to what is usually written on this site about any random person.
It's actually rather mild, I think. But again, I have no objection to closure if we are breaking some sort of rule. By all means, do what you feel is necessary

SHALENA

Last edited:
May 5, 2007
Yes, M'aam.
Or as my kids might say......WHAT-EVA

SHALENA

I was going to reply to yours with an equally juvenile thread abound how GandA could lose a little weight (not that she must, simply to fit the parable)and be a beautiful person inside and outside (By US standards) and no matter what you do you will always be just what you are, but figured I would simply let you ramble and let everyone see you for what you are

I'm sure you will respond with something about "I'm souper (sic) nurse, I can be who I am and say what I please, I don't need no praise from you, but in the time I have been reading DR1 I have yet to see a person so crave attention and self validation as yourself
I pray I never end up in a hospital where you or your friends work, disgusting to say the least, the overweight, the poor..they should all be shot according to your values

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have watched that first GandA thread, saw the photos, had the OMG thoughts go through my head. It is so outrageous and probably what most of us would call a sanky victory...
But I did not comment.. It was so, I don't know just how to call it..."pathetic"///???? Maybe. G seems to be a nice kid. A looks like a country hick in a store bought suit. I really thought of Jack Sprat for a second...

GOd, I hope the make it...and who knows, maybe they will...let's hope for the best and let it alone for a while....

HB

PS: After the flurry of comments, I showed the pictures to my son and his first words were: "She's pregnant"...He mentioned where A's hand was in the kiss....

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I don't mind if it is closed but there is nothing in this thread that is remotely close to what is usually written on this site about any random person.
It's actually rather mild, I think. But again, I have no objection to closure if we are breaking some sort of rule. By all means, do what you feel is necessary

SHALENA

My dear I would think that with all you have going for yourself and with you wanting to help the poor women having babies in the DR you would be way above this sort of petty trash talk.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
'fat guys",have it easier than "fat girls"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a "Fat Guy",I know.
I have been "FAT" for most of my adult life.I have been "Thin" a few times after 100lb + weight loss'.
Except from an health standpoint,it made little difference in my life,including my "Social Life"!
Lots of girls like the "Teady Bear" type I guess.(Or maybe it was because I paid them so well! :cheeky:;))
I,like Salena,suffer from "Super High Selfestimia",so say whatever you want about me,I know better!
I am/was 6'6" TALL,SO Not to many people said anything,at least to my face.
I will admit that as I have grown older,I have "Mellowed" somewhat.
I no longer chase people down in my car and go after them fo "Cutting me off in traffic"!
I know life is different for most "FAT" women.
They feel really bad when anyone mocks them about their weight.
I read the "Thread" in question,and thought that most posts were supportive of the woman in question.
As I believe they should be!
I think everyone in the pictures looked pretty happy.My God,it was their wedding day!
Let the woman enjoy her DAY!
If she came to the DR,and found the attention she got from a Dominican guy overwhelming,so be it.
Lots of us fell in love with the attention we got from a dominican too!
I did!
My wife was only 18 when we met,and I was 50!
I hadn't been with a woman like her in over 25 years!
I'm sure people had a lot to say about us as a couple,especially when we got married a year later,and probably still to this day!
So just leave her alone,she is hurt by our comments
By the way,her husband does look like Mark Anthony!
And my question is,
Does he have to tie a broom to his A$$ to keep from falling in????????????? :cheeky:
I know my wife needs a step ladder to climb on top!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
As a "Fat Guy",I know.
I have been "FAT" for most of my adult life.I have been "Thin" a few times after 100lb + weight loss'.
Except from an health standpoint,it made little difference in my life,including my "Social Life"!
Lots of girls like the "Teady Bear" type I guess.(Or maybe it was because I paid them so well! :cheeky:;))
I,like Salena,suffer from "Super High Selfestimia",so say whatever you want about me,I know better!
I no longer chase people down in my car and go after them fo "Cutting me off in traffic"!
I read the "Thread" in question,and thought that most posts were supportive of the woman in question.
I think everyone in the pictures looked pretty happy.My God,it was their wedding day!
If she came to the DR,and found the attention she got from a Dominican guy overwhelming,so be it.
I did!
I'm sure people had a lot to say about us as a couple,especially when we got married a year later,and probably still to this day!
And my question is,
Does he have to tie a broom to his A$$ to keep from falling in????????????? :cheeky:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
You almost had me convinced that you could show some compassion for a fellow human, until the very end.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
" Beauty is in the eye of the beholder " or something like that. It takes a mature, confident person to be able to laugh at their own faults and flaws. I do not agree with insulting the poor girl however posting her wedding pictures here on a public forum such as this was NOT a smart idea. She could be heavy, thin, beautiful, unattractive etc...some would have found something to remark about. This is a public forum and people will speak their minds. I am sure we all wish her well. :classic:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I do not agree with insulting the poor girl however posting her wedding pictures here on a public forum such as this was NOT a smart idea.

I think a better word would be "innocent".

At any rate this girl has done no wrong but that can't be said for a number of posters on this forum. It's apparent most have never had kids.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt

BTW, I was caught laughing and then had to proceed to show the pics and thread to some other nurses and one surgeon.....who also were LTAO.
It was quite the hit, she should be happy, she's damn near famous.

SHALENA

This is so unbelievably unprofessional that I feel I have to post. I wonder how your colleagues would react to find out that you've posted this? While you are certainly now off duty in your free time, you have publically stated where you work, what your cause is (midwivery in the DR) and your desire to open a clinic. Now commenting on someones physical appearance for the fun of it suggests you have no real concern for people or their condition.

Confidentiality is of utmost importance in the medical profession, and with this statement you've shown that you don't have it. The Dominican "bigwig's" that you will meet with aren't country bumpkins, they also have facebook and know how to search and google.

In my line of work, I just finished a few sessions with parents on topics including "cyber-bullying". Often, just one person in a young person's circle of friends that openly states bullying is wrong can stop the bullying. While we know no-one can or will stop you Shalena, I'm here to publically say the joy you have in deriding the OP is classic bullying. And I do expect more from you as a medical professional than other professions. (Had I posted that about anyone, a student of mine or not, I'd be shown the door). Just saying such things is questionable, but writing them down is what sinks us.

As much as I think your project in the DR needs to be done, I could now never recommend anyone go there because I have no gurantee that they would be treated with respect.

Oh, yeah, the other thing we teach kids is that things on the Internet don't necessarily go away just because you erase them, and they can come back to cause problems later. It's why most bashers try to stay private, as anonymity affords some protection.

And since I've become a mother, I'm extra cautious in what my child can see I've done and said. Is this the example you really want to set for your children?

porkman100

Gold
Apr 11, 2010
Shalena, AS a fat person myself 5'7"/215 lbs.mid 60,s I would not mind if you make fun of me IF I posted my pictures. When I was a child my brother and sister would call me puerquito (porkchild) I dislike fat people only..when they sit next to me in an aircraft and stop my normal breathing.
@ Cristobal Colon; Jose jose needs to change his song from 40/20 to 50/18 jejeje well done.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
" Beauty is in the eye of the beholder " or something like that. It takes a mature, confident person to be able to laugh at their own faults and flaws. I do not agree with insulting the poor girl however posting her wedding pictures here on a public forum such as this was NOT a smart idea. She could be heavy, thin, beautiful, unattractive etc...some would have found something to remark about. This is a public forum and people will speak their minds. I am sure we all wish her well. :classic:

I think you got that quote wrong. At my local bar, they have a sign that says... "Beauty is in the eye of the BEER holder." In my experience, that is more true. LOL

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Rubia...Please..... "cyber-bullies"????As a child a bully just punch you in the face.

Cyber bullies are a reality - all you have to do is read/watch the news. Off the top of my head I can think of two young people in the past year's news, one male, one female, who committed suicide over it in the USA alone. Do you think it's less "real" if you're not literally punched in the face?

AE

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
As a "Fat Guy",I know.
I did!
And my question is,

Come now CC you of all people know the size of your " member " isn't related to your physical size. I've, in my limited experience, been with some petite women with a cavern, and some super-sized women with rather tight fit. The girl being discussed her is closer to large than small but she appears to have nice skin, hair, teeth, eyes....etc and she may be very intelligent and have a pleasing personality. All I know is lust doesn't last as long as love, so the relationship must have more than initial attraction to make it last.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
look up username GandA

Funny as hell, I was sooooooo mad I was too late for that one. And I had some silver bullets to shoot....LOL
and donP that picture was too funny!

SHALENA

I was waiting for you to join the thread but infortunately you came in too late. I guess you were busy with a mujer dando a luz. Hablando de mujer embarazada, can you tel de difference between una gordita o gorda y una embarazada ????????

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This is so unbelievably unprofessional that I feel I have to post.

It seems apparent she is little different than the Dominican doctors she commented about that treated their patients with such callous disdain other than she knows better.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Am I still at the weight I was when I was a flight attendant...NO. Do I care...Not really. Would I be upset if someone made rude comment about...Probably but then again I would get over it. My cousin was mentally handicapped and was one of the most funniest persons I have ever known. It would hurt me to the core if someone made fun of her and to this day I have a VERY hard time with people who make fun of someone who is " different ". Whether they be challenged mentally, physically, etc...Everyone has their own set of values and morals. Just because I may not agree with someones does not mean they are a bad person nor would I " close the door " on this person. You just now see the person in a different way and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.