Decent health insurance costs?

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I have been looking for health insurance here also, I was concerned about traffic accident cover. I went to three different places that all told me that I wouldnt be covered for traffic accidents with health insurance, and that traffic accidents are covered by the 'other' chap's car insurance.

However, I went to see another lady who sells 'Humano' and she said that of course I would be covered for traffic accidents as it would be an emergency, and that the clinic have to treat you. She even telephoned CMC clinic here in sosua to ask them, and they confirmed that I would be covered with the 'Humano Royal' plan, which comes in at 15,000 pesos a year. (For me)

davetuna: Do you know if "Humano" guarantees coverage after 70?
I have "Supremo Universal", but after I have minor surgery it went up like crazy. I started paying $3,800.00 every 3 months and now I am paying $9,250.00 for 1 person only.
I want to check "Humano Royal".

You can get better coverage here in the DR from Universal, Humano, etc for less than half what you are paying...you will have access to the best doctors and the best hospitals, 100% major medical coverage, dental, and vision, etc...but only covered in the DR.

I just paid $1000 US for a year for my wife and I from Universal, includes vision and i think some dental. Can't remember all the details, I just pay and don't really listen.

They will insure people who are over 65 as well.

Haven't ever paid for medical so i wasn't happy about it, but seems like a good deal to me!