Delta. TV in luggage

May 20, 2012
Thanks, but I think a computer monitor is allowed without paying customs duties.

Actually one of these was a full computer (iMac has computer built into the monitor). I didn't go into that with the Customs guys since I didn't want to confuse them. But that was going to be my back-up argument.

Or am I misinformed about being able to bring computers and monitors?

Congratulations for not paying the custom duties.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AA had a bag and sold it to you? Like a duffle bag or something? I'm confused.

it was in san juan airport and AA refused to accept my carton box. since it was a common problem they directed me to a shop where they had a huge bag made out of cloth. I had to pay 15 dollars to get this huge bag and then I put in the carton box inside the cloth bag and this is when AA allowed me to check it in for dominican republic flight. This was many years ago, so i am glad to see AA has changed their policy since then.
AZB

anarquista

Dec 15, 2004
here is a trick:
example delta airlines. check in a large suitcase (no more than 50 lbs) and then carry a huge carry-on that will not fit in the overhead compartment. Do not let the ticket agent see you with this huge carry-on when you go for check-in or when you check-in the bigger suitcase. Once you are at the gate of the departing plane, they will simply take that huge carry-on and check it in for free at the gate where you board the plane. You can always carry a small bag with you as you board. so here you have it. a huge suitcase checked in, a large carry-on will be checked in at the gate of boarding the plane and then you still get to carry a smaller bag and carry-on. This is for airlines that only let you check in 1 suitcase free.
AZB

Wow, it never occurred to me that people were doing this on purpose. That small hope I had of these flights someday leaving on time has been extinguished.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Wow, it never occurred to me that people were doing this on purpose. That small hope I had of these flights someday leaving on time has been extinguished.

flights do leave on time as the crew factors in time for this jetway check-in bags. You just hand over the bag and get a pink slip. takes a minute and you are not even in line to hold off other people. people can still board while you check in your bag as you step off to the side. this is the same place where people have to leave their baby car seats and strollers. just normal flight operation.
AZB