Democracy and Capitalism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
observer keen said:
i have been posting on this forum for quite sometime and on various subjects, but my critics have conveniently chosen to ignore this fact to concentrate on a supposed melogamania. whenever a guy is not begging for approval, he is automatically assumed to be a megalomaniac.

You've not been here for 5 minutes and you assume you have critics? :rolleyes: And you use the world 'melogamania' in the same sentence... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I don't even speak English too well and I know it is megalomania... at least you got it right at the end there. Well done!

Can we talk about the DR now?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
observer keen said:
texas bill, that is not the case, my friend. it is not about iq. iq is peripheral in here. the key is to challenge our comfort-zones_ by doing that,we are honoring the most human of our characteristics, that is curiosity. why don't we ask questions about god? it is not irrelevant_ after all dr is catholic, and religious affairs permeate everyday life in dr from praying for favors to cursing one's enemies.
i wish there were many more mondongos on this forum!
the truth is, only three of my postings peripherally mentioned iq. i have been posting on this forum for quite sometime and on various subjects, but my critics have conveniently chosen to ignore this fact to concentrate on a supposed melogamania. whenever a guy is not begging for approval, he is automatically assumed to be a megalomaniac.
Yaaawwwnnnn.....

Me yawning? But I had such a nice sleep last night!

-NAL:tired:

Last edited:

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
You Are Petty! A More Intelligent Person Would See This As A Typing Error.Megalomania Is A Pathologically Inflated Ego. given the fact that it is a technical term with greco-roman roots, one does not need to speak english well to be able to write it well especially when one is an educated spanish-speaking person. i am not sure but, i would expect megalomania to be written in spanish as it is in english. so , your " even i who do not speak english well...blahhblahh" would not apply.
Of Course, Your Last Sentence Does Not Make Any Contextual Sense.
It Is " Mistaking The Trees For The Forest", It Is When One Mistakes A Particular Subset For Its Belonging Set.
Your Attempted Statement Does Not Make Any Sense!
Critics Are The Proper Terms For Any Respondents, Positive Or Negative!

Last edited:

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Getting back to democracy and capitalism. It is my honest opinion that the people of the DR first need to diligently work to find able and honest citizens to run for public office. Secondly they should incorporate changes in their system that would insure a more honest government. This could be done in a number of ways such as making their democracy a more modern direct democracy. A modern direct democracy needs three major tools; Iniative, Refrerendum and recall so as to help weed out the dishonest and allow the citizens to take a truly active part in their government.

In politics the initiative (also known as popular or citizen's initiative) provides a means by which a petition signed by a certain minimum number of registered voters can force a public vote on a proposed statute, constitutional amendment, charter amendment or ordinance. This is a very effective tool that is used in Switzerland. It is also used in 24 of the United States at the state, city and local government level.

Referendums are another effective tool that is used in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Newfoundland, Prince Edward Island, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, France, Spain and the United States at the state, local and city governments in 24 states. It is my opinion that referendums should be of the binding type and require a super-majority of votes to pass.

Recall elections are the third tool that would help insure that the DR has a more honest government. It is a procedure by which voters can remove an elected official from office. Eighteen U.S. states today allow the recall of state officials and they have done it twice. In 1921 North Dakota's Governor Lynn J. Frazier was recalled over a dispute about state-owned industries and in 2003 Governor Gray Davis of California was recalled. In the USA there have been 117 attempts at recall with only 7 going to ballot and 2 removals but it does show that the system can work. British Columbia in Canada has representative recall and Venezuela enables a recall of any elected representative, including the president, and has been used in the Venezuelan recall referendum in 2004;

"Article 72: All [...] offices filled by popular vote are subject to revocation.
Once one-half of the term of office to which an official has been elected has elapsed, a number of voters representing at least 20% of the registered voters in the affected constituency may petition for the calling of a referendum to revoke that official's mandate.
When a number of voters equal to or greater than the number of those who elected the official vote in favour of the recall, provided that a number of voters equal to or greater than 25% of the total number of registered voters vote in the recall referendum, the official's mandate shall be deemed revoked and immediate action shall be taken to fill the permanent vacancy as provided for by this Constitution and by law."

The problem with the above listed ideas is that you need honest and caring people in the political arena to get such agendas put into the constistution. Another major change that I think needs to be done is to take the police force out of the control of the president and put it in the hands of the state , counties and cities. Let him keep control of the military as all leaders of a democracy have the control of the military.

Rick with my 2 centavos

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
have you heard of subliminal effects! false advertisements with masqueraded truths. bad leaders with charisma would use those psychological tools on gullible and uneducated masses in order to satisfy their own selfish desires. poverty beeds corruption!
poor and corrupted countries may need a "transitional dictatorial institution" made of pragmatic and competent natives. think of the following: if one were to hold a free election in pakistan, and allow ben laden to run, the pakistani populace would overwhemingly elect a mass-murderer, and that is a guarentee; for ben laden has become the most popular name in pakistan according to new york times. history has demontrated countless times that Democracy may be the worst form of government when the electorate is ignorant of the very basic of things! that remains true whether you like or not.
give me an institution of competent people for 20 years under the supervision of an honest board of directors, rather than a masqueraded election every five years with constant discontinuity. i am not against democracy, but rather against its premature implementation. the current world of politics and economics is too complicated for choosing one's leaders on emotionalism and charisma alone. democracracy depends on maturity, an often overlooked but yet critical component of the equation! i used to yell "democracy now", but later realized to my dismay, that it is not that simple. the uneducated masses cannot be expected to make the rational choice. they have to be led first, educated and then allowed to choose thereafter. in the light of that, i think that castro's dictatorship is way overdue for the cuban population is overeducated and can assume with confidence the great responsibility of democracy. it is time that castro allows free elections, his hold on power is no longer paternalistic but rather selfish and detrimental.
however, i still regard him as one of the finest products of humanity in spite of my disagreement with his communism.

ps: the european democracy is a result of a long process, do not be fooled by the current ease of its application. it is a result of cumulative efforts, successes and failures over a long period of time. we do not close our eyes today and end up tomorrow with competent officers, honest judges, and rational popular choice.
you seem to be analyzing the dynamics of the world from the surface, they are more complicated that they appear.
by the way, my last comment on my last posting was superfluous. i do think that you are very intelligent, you have attempted to disrespect me so i reacted in self-defense, basic human intinct!
i apologize if any of my comments had offended you!

Last edited:

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I'm ignoring the nonsensical talk

Why a good democracy to help capitalism and the DR to flourish?

From the 'Dominican Today online newspaper;

"Plan Renove cost the Dominicans 1.8 billon pesos and the fines imposed on those found guilty in this were fined 25 million or 2% of the total."

"The Dominican Port Authority (APD) yesterday confirmed the disappearance of more than RD$25 million, from that agency?s workers? pension fund, during the administration of Arsenio Borges."

"The network that sent people to Europe with official passports, in the last six months made more than RD$43 million, and the probe uncovered that most of the trips to Europe occurred in the April to September period, investigators said..According to the Justice Ministry?s figures, some RD$160 million were made from the presumed fraud."

"Customs seizes more contraband tagged with ?duty free? status
The Customs Agency detected a new network of smugglers that, basing documentation on the incentive law for duty-free zones, introduced into the country fabrics and home appliances that normally would of paid over 180 million pesos in taxes."

"According to the figures based on the official information and the study presented by a panel of international experts contracted by the International Monetary Fund (IMF), "although originally the news that told of the amount of the fraud of Baninter was of only 55 billion pesos, the reality is that to that bank corresponded 79.406 billion pesos," of the 109.15 billion allocated by the Central Bank for the rescue, which included RD$23.23 billion (21 percent of the total) to Bancredito, and 6.5 billion for the Mercantil."
DR1 News 31 Mar 05

"Car importing mafia importers evaded RD$ 128 million in taxes."

Diario Libre 7 Jun 05 "No existen mecanismos para fiscalizar las ONG - RD$ 2,816 million unaccounted for."

"en la m?s moderna Unidad de Cirug?a neuro-oftalmol?gica, cardiovascular y renal que tendr?a el pa?s y ?nica del sector p?blico, yace en el abandono en la parte trasera del hospital Luis Eduardo Aybar, en un anexo, cuya construcci?n se empez? a levantar hace m?s de 12 a?os, durante el gobierno del entonces presidente Joaqu?n Balaguer.
Los equipos, de la m?s alta tecnolog?a, fueron adquiridos durante el primer gobierno del presidente Leonel Fern?ndez, a trav?s de un pr?stamo blando del Gobierno espa?ol, en ese entonces valorados en m?s de 50 millones de d?lares, pero hoy se encuentran en su mayor?a da?ados y desactualizados, y las autoridades planean realizar un inventario para determinar cu?les pueden ser recuperados."

Sounds to me like 115,434,000,000 reasons to get the present ladrons and their ladron amigos out of office and replace them with people that care about your country and not their pockets."A democratic society is one in which the majority of the population plays an active rather than a passive role".

Rick ;) ;) ;)

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
how did those crooks get in power in the first place? more than likely those corrupted officials had had some shadowy history prior to being chosen as your leaders!

Last edited:

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
aren't these abuses examples of a possible premature democracy?
had the people been more educated and more resourceful in terms of their access to critical information about their candidates, they may have been able to avoid the misleadership of the crooks of whom you are now very critical. with no education and information, the masses would continue to elect the crooks with the amazing oratory skills. keep the same literacy rate with very limited access to the internet, and you will see the same repetition of bad music played over and over again, that is crooks stealing from the state to build mansions while "united way" with its inner-guilt humanitarianism displaying the same sad-faced kids(haitian and dominican kids) for more than a decade on late night tv.:surprised

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
O.K., as someone educated in philosophy and learning the modeling capabilities of science and engineering, don't you think it is counter productive to continually introduce and communicate with previously undefined abstruse phrases and concepts?

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
mr/mrs modongo, can you elaborate? i have due respect for your opinions, so would you allow me to respond more appropriately by being less vague and more specific?

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
O.K., I can tell you are an intelligent guy....and unlike some others here...i welcome critical thinkers...your posts are usually logical and well thought out....but always remember that there is always someone smarter you.....

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
observer keen said:
You Are Petty! A More Intelligent Person Would See This As A Typing Error.Megalomania Is A Pathologically Inflated Ego. given the fact that it is a technical term with greco-roman roots, one does not need to speak english well to be able to write it well especially when one is an educated spanish-speaking person. i am not sure but, i would expect megalomania to be written in spanish as it is in english. so , your " even i who do not speak english well...blahhblahh" would not apply.
Of Course, Your Last Sentence Does Not Make Any Contextual Sense.
It Is " Mistaking The Trees For The Forest", It Is When One Mistakes A Particular Subset For Its Belonging Set.
Your Attempted Statement Does Not Make Any Sense!
Critics Are The Proper Terms For Any Respondents, Positive Or Negative!

I see you've edited your initial post. From the music angle to the greco-roman angle. But did you pick up on the message? Screeds of your writings had no direct or even vague connection to the DR, excepting as it pertains to the human condition as a whole. We do follow a "DR content" rule here and over time, I've accepted it as a good baseline for this board and support it, both as a poster and a board moderator and a community member.

I see you've subsequently steered your posts more toward the DR. That is exactly what is required here.

Secondly, you jump to conclusions. I don't speak Spanish particularly well either.

Thirdly, did you see the humor in your sentence that I commented on? It was frankly hilarious. So, lighten up.

Fourthly, the comment about forests and trees came from I think Rick Snyder.

So, now that I've satisfied my petty need for correctness and accuracy and humor, it is true that you're the first person I've come across that perhaps see a need for a period of dictatorial leadership in the development of states such as the DR, and is willing to discuss and model the outcome of this hopefully temporary period in terms of say, a 'successful period of dictatorship' vs a 'prematurely arrested period of dictatorship' or a 'dictatorship that overstayed its welcome'. I use the word 'dictatorship' for the lack of a better term...

I've never looked at this in a formal manner, but have mused about it many times, considering the time when Balaguer moved on. What would have happened if he stayed on for a few years? (Let's consider him the 'good guy'). He ruled, he was a leader, but we can on many counts consider him a dictator as well. So, paint him with the benevolent dictator brush for the sake of discussion. From all accounts, the country worked, the schools worked, the population was still more peasant in their nature, but good values were being inculcated such as care for the environment. And this was not by any stretch of the imagination a period of democracy as we understand democracy.

A further thought, I know it is hard for the 'US contingent' among us to even think this way, as you've been brainwashed on the democracy/capitalism plank and a strong requirements to box things up in neat rows... :classic: .. So, for you, I ask think just a little bit broader and say.. What if?

Say, we entered a phase of democracy with Fernandez' first presidency. And say that was too early in the development path of the DR and the population required and needed another four years or so of Balaguer style 'benevolent dictatorship'. Would the population perhaps have been more ready for a strong and vibrant democracy? and the Hippo era could have been avoided altogether?

I guess the big question that I'm asking, is if the Dominican People as a whole, are ready to grapple with democracy?

Last edited:

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Chris you bring up some interesting points and I too have mused about the democracy in the USA when I lived there. Having never known anything else I must admit that as an American I can't visualize anything other then a democracy. Having never lived under an autocratic rule I can only rely on that which I read and that which people that lived under such rule have told me personally. While stationed in Germany for 6 years I was very fortunate in being able to converse with a number of Germans that where reared during the Hitler regime. Without exception they all said that Aldoph started out with all the correct intensions and did a fabulous job of jump starting the German economy and putting that country on the right path but that "something happened and he changed" and the rest is history. Because of my military background I have seen the governments of Vietnam and Cambodia in action and can honestly say that that is not what I want for myself or anyone else for that matter.

All the different governments of the world are not new so what measurement do we have to determine which government is the best for the DR? Isn't it possible that the answer to that question can possibly be found in prior history with a little research? Having said that and you are still thinking on an autocracy, 'benevolent dictatorship', or some other equal or almost equal form of government then I would suggest that you research such items as the repressive governments of:

Jorge Rafael Videla’s Argentina, Hugo Banzer’s Bolivia, Humberto Branco’s Brazil, the Sultanate of Brunei Darussalam, Pol Pot’s Cambodia, Augusto Pinochet’s Chile, Fulgencio Batista’s Cuba, Rafael Leonidas Trujillo’s Dominican Republic, Maximiliano Hernandez Martinez’s El Salvador, Alfredo Cristiani’s El Salvador, Haile Selassie’s Ethiopia, Sitiveni Rabuka’s Fiji, George Papadopoulos’ Greece, multiple military dictatorships in Guatemala, Lansana Conte's Guinea, Francois and Jean Claude Duvalier’s Haiti, Suharto’s Indonesia, Mohammed Reza Pahlevi’s Iran, Saddam Hussein’s Iraq, Samuel Doe’s Liberia, Hassan II’s Morocco, Anastasio Somoza Sr.’s and Anastasio Somoza Jr.’s Nicaragua, Sani Abacha’s Nigeria, Mohammed Zia Ul-Haq’s Pakistan, Manuel Noriega’s Panama, Alfredo Stroessner‘s Paraguay, Ferdinand Marcos’ Philippines, Antonio de Oliveira Salazar’s Portugal, Joseph Stalin’s Russia, Saudi Arabia, Siad Barre’s Somalia, P.W. Botha’s South Africa, Park Chung Hee’s South Korea, Francisco Bahamonde Franco’s Spain, Chiang Kai-Shek's Taiwan (and previously China), military-ruled Turkey, Idi Amin’s Uganda, Ngo Dinh Diem’s South Vietnam, Mobutu Sese Seko’s Zaire, and Robert Mugabe’s Zimbabwe.

Speaking of Trujillo’s or Balaguer's Dominican Republic, have you sat down and talked with any of the Dominicans that were reared under these persons rule? I have and once again, without exception, the answer is the same as that given to me by the Germans concerning their former leader. We all know the mindset of the Dominican and their ability to enjoy life regardless of the diversities confronting them and the Germans were similar in their adapting to life in the 20's, 30's and 40's. The interesting thing to note is that the Dominicans and Germans that I have talked to have all said that under Hitler, Trujillo and Balaguer the majority of their people lived in a state of continual fear of their leader. Having said that then the question arises, in your quest for a better life and freedoms and what ever else you want is fear one of them? Do people living in democracies live in fear of their leader? In all the democratic countries I have visited I have never witnessed the people living in fear of their leader. Here in the DR I see nobody living in fear of Leonel.

Our lives develop by a form of trial and error, and we have developed considerable wisdom over the centuries as a species. Most of us view society as a local phenomenon, we are either American or Dominican or whatever. Yet the rise of the global village can cause us to question that assumption. Many of us now have more interactions with people outside our locality than we do with our physical neighbours. The new teleogical acceptance, resulting from the complex systems view of us as dynamic organic systems (and not passive mechanical ones), allows us to recognise that individual diversity matters to group fitness. Maximising the benefits of society requires that our politics takes into account both individual opportunities for growth and the need to adopt values that integrate the whole. We need approaches to society that do not stir up conflicts but use these alternatives to gradually reach a better social optimum. A politics for everyone must have cultural diversity, it must not discriminate on any dimension.

I will be the first to admit that as I see it almost all forms of democracy we have around the world today produce little more than elected dictators.. Once a party has power it is impossible for the electorate to replace them peaceably, until their term is up. This sort of discrete and static accountability is very far removed from the sort of ongoing control of legislature that a truly democratic system as in the ancient Greek style gave. But as I mentioned in post #45, certain items can be implemented to help insure that a more reliable, beneficial and operable system is in place.

"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for..."Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia, 1784

When democracy is believed to fail or is not vigorous enough to be defended, it can and/or will easily revert to the absolute rule of one person or family or a small omnipotent political or military body. Is this almost the state where the DR presently is? The present judicial system and Hippos reign surly help put it in that state.

So what about an autocracy for the DR. This isn't anything new to the Dominicans as this was, and to a certain extent still is, the form of government they have always had. So why haven't things changed from the status quo in the DR? Is it possible the desire of the rulers to rule may be complemented by the desire of the others to be ruled? Or, it may be complemented by their belief that it is normal that there is one or a small number of omnipotent leaders surrounded by an endless mass of obedient minions.

The question I have for those of you that think the DR should have an autocracy i.e. dictatorship, institutional dictatorship, benevolent and transitionery dictatorship or whatever name you want to apply to it is, who would you suggest hold this position as the infallible fuehrer? Can we have a consensuses on this person from this board, from the Dominican people? Before you answer that question I would suggest that you first ask the Dominican people if this is what they want. Keep in mind that for a true and proper answer to that question you would need to ask only those Dominicans that have lived under such extremes, have been knowledgeable in their readings of world history or those that have some knowledge as to how and why a government operates. One of our Dominican board members, Nal's, has experience in 2 of those fields. I don't know how old he is so I don't know if he was reared under an autocracy regime but ask him if he thinks an autocracy is what the DR needs. In an autocracy, everybody surrenders to the power of the autocrat. They must listen to and believe in what he says. They live and work together harmoniously and abide by the laws out of fear and subjection to the autocrat's power. However, we have seen that submitting to power figures out of fear is not a very desirable motivation for behavior.

If they aren't bowing to a human power figure, societies often submit to a supernatural one, what they call "God." With God as the ultimate authority, there is a common ground to which all the members of that society can submit. However, this is still not a satisfactory method for people who desire democracy because it is another form of autocracy -- it is tainted with fear, and thus does not allow for full development of personal potential. It is also not free of the possibility of factionalism -- many gods lead to many factions.

The disadvantage of traditional authority or dictatorship is that it may be inflexible. Perhaps a `benevolent despot' is flexible. Certainly everyone who thinks of themselves as making a good ruler will think that. And some will be. But what of the second or third generation of rulers? What of the son of a `good king'? The inflexible need to leave. An advantage of democracy is that people in it can eject a government without civil war. A new government can change the laws and provide more justice.

"For me there is no doubt that the worst of democracies is always preferable, if only from the educational point of view, than the best of dictatorships. Of course democracy, so-called government of the people, is a lie; but the lie always slightly binds the liar and limits the extent of his arbitrary power. Of course the 'sovereign people' is a clown of a sovereign, a slave with a papier-mache^ crown and sceptre. But to believe oneself free, even when one is not, is always better than to know oneself to be a slave, and to accept slavery as something just and inevitable." Errico Malatesta March 1924

“Many forms of Government have been tried, and will be tried in this world of sin and woe. No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.”
- Sir Winston Churchill, Hansard [transcripts of parliament], November 11, 1947

Rick

observer keen

Oct 4, 2005
to rick and chris!!!

rick, as a fellow veteran, i would like to salute you. i was stationed at ford hood texas, first cavalry division, mos 54-bravo.
my entire arguments concerning the necessity for a " benevolent transitional dictatorial institution" for poor courrupted countries can be sumarized using the following analogy:
if one is building a house, one cannot hire several teams of architects with the power of overriding each other's plan of design. why? because, if the architects have completely different views, there will certainly be a cycle of partial construction followed by a deconstruction and vice versa. this cycle may continue for ever without the architects ever realizing the solid structure of the builiding. for instance, architect "A" may start with A round-foundation, but the succeeding architect "B" may deconstruct it to make a square one, the result is no clear lasting foundation, which consequently means no sheltering, and in turns means no defense from environmental hazards such as rain, snow and so on. the problem has to do with the sensitive nature of initial states of dynamical systems_ a dynamical system in its initial stage generally tends to be oversentitive to changing stimuli. take the case of a developing embryo, if exposed to certain stimuli in the first trimester, the embryo may end up with wierd congenital defects such as extra arms or encephaly. however, the same stimuli may be impactless after the trimester. so you see, sequence matters, there are two ways of combining socks and shoes_ one can put the shoes and then the socks, or one can put the socks first and the the shoes. it is the same thing with democracy, the stage it finds itself in matters whether one wishes it or not.

the above analogy decribes perfectly in my opinion, the reality of the poor corrupted nations, something that contemporary europe was able to avoid with its dictatorial institutions of peter the great, victoria and so on. it is worth noting that one does not need to duplicate european monarchic governments to create a "benevolent transitional dictatorial institution" for the same can be achieved more efficiently with a "council of wise nationals", with a board of directors supervising the executive functioning of the governing council with specific goals to achieve by within a particular time-table_ the board of directors may be made of nationals that are known to have a clean selfless history, such as volunteer educational crusaders and honest businessmen and so on.
now once the architects had constructed the solid structure of the builiding, it does not much matter what is the color of the paint chosen to paint the building with. that exactly is the role of democracy_ it provides the interior decoration, painting and the improvement of the building once supported by a solid foundation. for instance, if a particular team paints the house blue, and its replacement paints it green, there may be a significant change in esthetics, but the solid foundation of the building is retained providing shelter against the worst of environmental pressures.
that is the reality my friends, at least from my point of view, i do not claim it to the be the ultimate truth, but my opinions on the matter is at least, honestly, considerable.

to mondongo:
you have attempted to use good logics to make your point against mine, particularly your analogy of positive and negative feebbacks. it really got me thinking.
as to your last statements, i do recognize that there are many individuals who are way smarter than i am. for instance, that woman, von savant, is one point shy of being two-standard deviations from me. but iq is a better positive test than it is a negative test. in other words, there are individuals who are smarter than me, but have a lower score on the iq test, and vice versa. however there is one thing i may disagree with you, but i am not sure if the following is what you have meant to write:
"i have often heard people declare, no matter how beautiful or smart a person "x" is, there is always someoneelse more beautiful or smarter".
that statement is logically wrong for it fails to realize that human population is a finite subset of the set of positive integers. As a result, an offshoot of "order axiom" will ensure that for every parameter defining the elements of such a subset, there will always be an upperbound. in other words, if one defines a non-ambiguous parameter "P", there will always be at least one element "h" in the finite set "H" of humans( the latter is itself a finite subset of the set of positive integers as i have mentioned earlier) corresponding to the relative or absolute maximum "P-max" of "P" . In other words, at any given time, there always is at least one person that is the smartest, the tallest, the most beautiful ( if one agrees with the symmetrical theory of beauty) and so on.

mondongo, being an engineer, you will without a doubt agree with the above demonstration for its pure deductive reasoning!
i am trying to express some of my thoughts in spanish, please do not hesitate to correct me : venceremos amigos! Es importante que comprendamos que somos hermanos/hermanas humanos y consequentemente tenemos para nos natura fundamental ( haitianos y dominicanos y los pais del moundo sufrido) la faculta intellectual como europeanos y asianos, si no en actualida, pero en potencial. loque necesitamos es trabayamos con forca combinado para arrivar de ser independentos economicamente, culturalamente, y technologicamente. en conclucion, mi agenda" es por la evolucion trans-geological de la raza humana!

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Rick, I do believe this is the best post that I've read from you. Somehow you've managed to show your own humanness (is there such a word?) as well as putting forward your thoughts, with no axe to grind and with no point to prove... discussion and exploration. From me, you get applause! and I'll answer in more detail on specific points where I can contribute tomorrow.

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
The Emperors new clothes.

that statement is logically wrong for it fails to realize that human population is a finite subset of the set of positive integers. As a result, an offshoot of "order axiom" will ensure that for every parameter defining the elements of such a subset, there will always be an upperbound. in other words, if one defines a non-ambiguous parameter "P", there will always be at least one element "h" in the finite set "H" of humans( the latter is itself a finite subset of the set of positive integers as i have mentioned earlier) corresponding to the relative or absolute maximum "P-max" of "P" . In other words, at any given time, there always is at least one person that is the smartest, the tallest, the most beautiful ( if one agrees with the symmetrical theory of beauty) and so on.<quote from Brainiac>

What is all this mumble jumble?!!!! Does this make any sense to anyone? Who the hell are you trying to impress Mr. Keen??
You claim to have an IQ higher than Newton.... If you had any real sense of what logic & reality is, You would post in terms that we, the obtuse, can understand and relate. Spare me all this pseudo-science crap! You don't even know what you're talking about!! Come-mierda!!:angry:

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Don Juan---

It appear that he is speaking of the permutations within the Human Race???

Am I correct, observer keen??

There are more simple and clearer ways to present your arguments if you will only come down to earth and do so.

You're language, while clear to you, becomes a muddled puddle of verbage to others.

Sorry, but you really need to be "simple -minded" in your explations.

Texas Bill

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
Observer keen please answer 4 questions for me so that I, and maybe others too, will be better informed in our dealings and/or feelings regarding your posts: ( these may have been answered somewhere else but I didn't see it)

1. Are you American? You said you served in the US Army but...........
2. Where do you presently reside?
3. Have you ever been to this beautiful country of the DR?
4. If your answer to question 3 is yes then when was this?

Curious minds, you know.

Rick

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Mr.Bill......

Texas Bill said:
Don Juan---

It appear that he is speaking of the permutations within the Human Race???

Am I correct, observer keen??

There are more simple and clearer ways to present your arguments if you will only come down to earth and do so.

You're language, while clear to you, becomes a muddled puddle of verbage to others.

Sorry, but you really need to be "simple -minded" in your explations.

Texas Bill

Judging from your previous posts, I've come to know that you're a keen observer of details and write in a manner which, most, if not all of us, understand precisely what it is that you're saying. So, being "simple-minded", I'll need for you to please decipher the above quotation for me. OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.