Dominican Hair Products/Salon

dainty39gm

May 22, 2006
Dominican Hair Products

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. Great community. I have a big problem and I'm wondering if anyone on this board can help. I have had hair problems for so long and I want to remedy the situation. I need major help. I read the threads concerning dominican hair salons, but unfortunately, there are no salons anywhere near me. So, I have to purchase dominincan hair products for home use. Could u tell me what products help dry, damaged hair that has been color and chemically treated and exactly how you use them? I would really appreciate it. Peace Be Upon You.

TarenaJ

Jun 29, 2006
Does anyone know of any dominican hair salons in the Los Angeles or Orange County area? I am new to the area

DominiCubana

Jan 7, 2006
www.ggexpresstravel.net
LA Dominican Salon

TarenaJ said:
Does anyone know of any dominican hair salons in the Los Angeles or Orange County area? I am new to the area

Is this close to you?

[FONT=geneva,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Salon Dominicano
8440 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Sun Valley, CA 91352
(818) 767-0669 / 2711[/SIZE][/FONT]

hairluv

Jul 2, 2006
Galenia -

I'm new to the broad as well. PLEASE, O- Please email me the information as well.

Also - if you or anyone can tell me this - is it the products or the techique that makes the difference? I luv keracare products. But the first time I went to a Dominican salon in NY - I was floored on how my hair was!!!! She used some kind of PINK product as a conditioner. What was it?

Thank you for your quick reply back.

TarenaJ

Jun 29, 2006
It is a about 1 1/2 hour away from me but I am a little desperate at this point. I visited a hair dresser this weekend in Inglewood and I was not pleased with how my hair turned out. I have had great experiences with the dominican salons in Atlanta so I am a little spoiled. If you know of any salons south of Los Angeles going towards Long Beach, please let me know. In the meantime, I will try the salon in Sun Valley in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

TarenaJ

Jun 29, 2006
DominiCubana said:
Is this close to you?

[FONT=geneva,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Salon Dominicano
8440 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Sun Valley, CA 91352
(818) 767-0669 / 2711[/SIZE][/FONT]

It is a about 1 1/2 hour away from me but I am a little desperate at this point. I visited a hair dresser this weekend in Inglewood and I was not pleased with how my hair turned out. I have had great experiences with the dominican salons in Atlanta so I am a little spoiled. If you know of any salons south of Los Angeles going towards Long Beach, please let me know. In the meantime, I will try the salon in Sun Valley in a couple of weeks.

Thanks

latinflava

Jul 4, 2006
hi I am new to this site - living here port sait lucie - florida
hey i found this a salon for anyone in the area of Prt St Lucie or West palm beach.

Can anyone help my niece she is looking for a salon in CLearwater Tampa?? please she just moved from Lawrence- Mass, thanks

Melamarla

Jul 9, 2006
Hello All,
I am new to the site I live in the Atlanta GA area and begin going to a Dominican shop about 2 months ago and I love it. I don't know what they use on my hair and I couldn't care less because you can definitely tell the difference. From this day forward I will only go to a dominican shop.

I do have one question if any of you can help. I would like to know is there anything I can do or should be doing for my hair at home? It normally is a bit dry and I don't want to mess it up.

DominiCubana

Jan 7, 2006
www.ggexpresstravel.net
Dominican Salons in LA

TarenaJ said:

Thanks

Ok. I'll definitely let you know if I find anything. You may also want to log onto a few hiar advice forums. They talk a lot about Dominican salons, locations, products etc. That's where I get a lot of the information. OH the websites.....

http://www.hairboutique.com/forum/

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/

bxdominicanpapi

Sep 20, 2004
sup

i found the best dominican salon in atlanta. Its located on Indian Trail

895 Indian Trail Rd.
Lilburn, GA 30047

ph # 678-924-7660

all the girls are reeeeeeeaaaaaally good.

check'em out

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
I've been there...they are VERY reasonably priced. Their card says they are NYC trained. :)

There is also a restaurant a few doors down they can get DOWN on Sunday! The dancing was off the hook. Also, the Dominican cook at the restaurant made me a turkey that was off the chain!!! Man, don't can't mess with Indian Trail Rd those folks have it going on.

I had a good time in ATL.

bxdominicanpapi said:
i found the best dominican salon in atlanta. Its located on Indian Trail

895 Indian Trail Rd.
Lilburn, GA 30047

ph # 678-924-7660

all the girls are reeeeeeeaaaaaally good.

check'em out

NatalyH

Jul 26, 2006
Dominican Salons in Maryland....

Does anybody know of any really good dominican salons in Maryland that does really good highlights?

Thanks

nygurl462

Jul 27, 2006
Hair salon in Delaware/Philly area

Just moved to Delaware area, need a DR Hair salon. Love the way my hair looks, been going to one for the last 6 years in NY. If anybody can help please post. Thanks

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Why Dominican Salon and products

I don't get it ... if your hair is kinky, you straighten it. If straight, you kink it (your hair that is, not you getting kinky, that is another story :)) In either case, you apply a colour of your choice.

Now don't get into a "kink" with your reply, but please "straighten" me :)

Last edited:

cdellw

Aug 7, 2006
hi I am new to this site - living here port sait lucie - florida
hey i found this a salon for anyone in the area of Prt St Lucie or West palm beach.

Can anyone help my niece she is looking for a salon in CLearwater Tampa?? please she just moved from Lawrence- Mass, thanks

I just moved to Port Saint Lucie from New York and was glad to see your posting. Could you tell me where in Port Saint Lucie I could find a Dominican Hair Salon?

trinigirl

Aug 13, 2006
Hair Products

Hello Yolanda. If you are looking for Dominican Hair Products you've found the right person! I can send you our catalog for all the Dominican hair products we offer, at very low (wholesale) prices. Send me an email ifyou are interested. We have what you are looking for! Hope to hear from you soon.

Please send me a catalog to lilmama0131750@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Feb 5, 2006
excuse me. what's the difference between dominican hair and everyone elses? I thought the products are the same. I think people get confused with the actual hair. There are dominicans that have dry kinky hair as well as smooth and silky. So any salon would know how to do it. If you relax the hair it's the same product and if you don't need it then any good conditioner will do. Pantene just as good as a "dominican" conditioner. It's all the same.
Sounds like a rip off.