Dominican Kid Ruthlessly Stabbed to Death in The Bronx

Sep 4, 2012
Let me make a quick comment here. East 183, on the other side of Webster ave. in da Bronx. I lived not too far for a while (179/Burnside/Walton) . That place is so much worse than anything you could compare to the worst place in SDO (and I have lived both places) The Bronx, over there and down to 161 south Bronx is the worst, 3rd world ---- hole you can imagine. It's a shame. I remember my ex telling me in the 80s (recall Fort Apache folks) how her father had to throw the mattresses on top of the kids during the shoot-outs down below in the streets.

The garbage-lined streets, the rats, the delinquents, the drunks sitting in pools of their own vomit in your foyer at 2am. The illegal super living in the basement with his 10 family members frying bad meat at 3am.

I'll take DR anyday

Its the biggest dump there ever was.

Sep 22, 2009
Nobody thinks of these areas when they think of the Bronx or when it first comes to mind. That will never change.

I'm from NYC and lived in the Bx. No, they will never think of the west side of the Bronx first (as I almost never refer to it either). Why, because the rest of it is so bad, that it outweighs whatever ray of light the other part contributes.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Its the biggest dump there ever was.

Maybe you have not been back in 20 or so years ..
For example there is not a single burned out building along the Cross Bronx like back in the day .. and if you were an astute enough Investor you could have made out quite handsomely purchasing one of those burned out Shells .. most were not knocked down, just rebuilt as the brickwork and Steel were just fine .
Go take a look at some of the Prices of multi Family housing in the Bronx.. I think they may shock you. even a nice little 2 family can easily go for around 900K

Sep 4, 2012
For example there is not a single burned out building along the Cross Bronx like back in the day .. and if you were an astute enough Investor you could have made out quite handsomely purchasing one of those burned out Shells .. most were not knocked down, just rebuilt as the brickwork and Steel were just fine .
Go take a look at some of the Prices of multi Family housing in the Bronx.. I think they may shock you. even a nice little 2 family can easily go for around 900K

You can have both, NYC and NJ.

Both are dumps not worth living anywhere close to them.

BTW, I just left NYC three weeks ago so you know. With 900K down South, I would buy me an entire city, why would I waste it purchasing anything in NYC or NJ?

Sep 22, 2009

Well, I will have to disagree with you there my friend. I suppose by multi-family, you are referring to section8-zoned housing, which in and of itself, is nowhere I would be "if" I had investment dollars

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009

BTW, I just left NYC three weeks ago so you know. With 900K down South, I would buy me an entire city, why would I waste it purchasing anything in NYC or NJ?

Not trying to justify it , or glorify it , just telling you what the reality of the situation is .. People live and work in and around NYC, housing is not cheap ..

Apr 7, 2014
Let me make a quick comment here. East 183, on the other side of Webster ave. in da Bronx. I lived not too far for a while (179/Burnside/Walton) . That place is so much worse than anything you could compare to the worst place in SDO (and I have lived both places) The Bronx, over there and down to 161 south Bronx is the worst, 3rd world ---- hole you can imagine. It's a shame. I remember my ex telling me in the 80s (recall Fort Apache folks) how her father had to throw the mattresses on top of the kids during the shoot-outs down below in the streets.

The garbage-lined streets, the rats, the delinquents, the drunks sitting in pools of their own vomit in your foyer at 2am. The illegal super living in the basement with his 10 family members frying bad meat at 3am.

I'll take DR anyday
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....35 years ago blah blah blah blah...

Have you seen the South Bronx LATELY????????????????????????
Gentrification of Haarlem moved eastward.

The Thermoquad Cowboy

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Cities aren't my cup of tea but we recently stayed with Dominican friends on Corlear ave in Kingsbridge Bronx and it is a pretty nice area. These are educated Dominicans ( Economist and teacher) Daughter is a computer programer for Bank of America...etc. They also own an an Apartment in Brooklyn not far from WH ( not a bad area either)

Sep 22, 2009
Cities aren't my cup of tea but we recently stayed with Dominican friends on Corlear ave in Kingsbridge Bronx and it is a pretty nice area. These are educated Dominicans ( Economist and teacher) Daughter is a computer programer for Bank of America...etc. They also own an an Apartment in Brooklyn not far from WH ( not a bad area either)

some of my best friends are Dominican :rolleyes:

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005

Northern NJ has decent neighborhoods. Ridgewood, Paramus, Riveregde, Sadle River, Tenafly, Englewood Cliffs. are not dumps. If you have school age kids NJ is one of the best choices:

number 2 in income
2. New Jersey
Median Household Income: $80,088
Population: 9,005,644 (2017)
Unemployment Rate: 4.6% (2017)
Persons below poverty level: 10% (2017)

Massachusetts is the top state for education. It’s followed by New Jersey, Florida, Washington and New Hampshire to round out the top five. Seven of the 10 states with the best education systems also rank among the top 10 Best States overall.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/rankings/education

Last edited:

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Northern NJ has decent neighborhoods. Ridgewood, Paramus, Riveregde, Sadle River, Tenafly, Englewood Cliffs. are not dumps. If you have school age kids NJ is one of the best choices:

number 2 in income
2. New Jersey

Massachusetts is the top state for education. It’s followed by New Jersey, Florida, Washington and New Hampshire to round out the top five. Seven of the 10 states with the best education systems also rank among the top 10 Best States overall.

80 grand median income in that part of the world makes you poor, you would need some sort of support from family or government to make it. I would need triple that to live like I do in Florida and 5 times to live like we do in Santo Domingo.

Go down south and live well, have a future and raise your kids outside of the "culture"

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
some of my best friends are Dominican :rolleyes:

Where do you live ?

Like me you have likely chosen to live in the USA and are enjoying an economic miracle under our president.

This guy lives in RD is married to a Dominican and without doubt is more ingrained in society than you ever will be.

What a cheapshot !!

Jeremi

Jun 19, 2019
The video shows how the guy was still running. Yes, I saw blood on his neck, but is there any clue about his current state?

It is outrageous that two adults, where one of them is a “big man”, just passed by, although they saw a guy being dragged by force on the ground. By their form, it is clear that most likely they are doctors.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017

number 2 in income
2. New Jersey

you can take all that information and throw it out the window,.... it all starts with the kids if they are willing to learn.....you can't teach a closed mind.....

bonao99

Jun 11, 2005
you can take all that information and throw it out the window,.... it all starts with the kids if they are willing to learn.....you can't teach a closed mind.....

Some will benefit. My kids are straight A. I moved to Kendall, FL around 2007 for a job, my co-workers thought that I was crazy for moving
my kids from NJ great education system to Miami-Dade FL deficient schools. did not stay long. My niece and my son are now taking all honors classes in high school.

There are smart, hard working, well behaved Dominicans. I work in the IT field and I have to train constantly.

Last edited:

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Some will benefit. My kids are straight A. I moved to Kendall, FL around 2007 for a job, my co-workers thought that I was crazy for moving
my kids from NJ great education system to Miami-Dade FL deficient schools. did not stay long. My niece and my son are now taking all honors classes in high school.

There are smart, hard working, well behaved Dominicans. I work in the IT field and I have to train constantly.

nice to hear this.. its also good parenting. god bless your kids....