Dominican Players

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It was the year that the Redsox and the Yankees(WHO ELSE?)

Ended the regular season in a TIE! "78" it was,I think.I try not to remember.There was a one game playoff,in Boston,what luck!,to see who would be American East Champions.I was on vacation in Thailand with my Thai wife who after 2 short years in Boston had learned to love the Redsox,and hate those "Damned Yankees"!She called my sister to see who won,the game was only in the 5th,I think.Bucky (Not yet "Fucky") Dent was the 3rd baseman,again,I think,for the Yankees.He came to bat in the 9th,I think,got a homerun,Yanks win,Sox lose! The "Curse of the Bambino" claims yet another season from the "Fenway Faithful"!You had to ask right?CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Craig Nettles was the third baseman..

...Bucky "not yet fucky" Dent was the shortstop and he hit a homer just barely clearing the Green Monster to defeat the Boston Red Sox in a one game playoff after the Yankees came from 14 back in August. That was one but the most incredible proof of the curse of the Bambino occured in the 86 world series when the ball hit by Mookie Wilson of the Mets dribbled through Bill Buckner's legs and the Mets went on to win the World Series. What a year for NY sports teams with The Rangers, Giants and Mets all winning World titles.

D

Dubld

Just wait until the political climate changes and teams can start recruiting players directly from Cuba........
They kick ass!