Dominican Republic: Fearful Haitians Deported or Voluntarily Flee

Mar 1, 2009
Rammy, you can't belittle me. It's impossible, I'm too big to fail baby. I speak quite a few languages and I know how to say to go to hell in all of them. I'm not belittling you either Rammy, but you seem not to only be blind, but deaf and dumb. So if English isn't your first language either. I'm sure there is a suitable language we can communicate in. I've made a point in my previous post. I stand by it.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Beenaway

May 27, 2013
Nothing changes.. same old, same old.....

The man kicks the dog, the dog bites the cat, the cat eats the mouse, the mouse swallows the grubs, the grubs eat the shyt....

Bronzeallspice - you are a mouse - good luck with that!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
It's better that Haitians go back if they don't want friction, lynchings and racism. If you put two nationalities who dislike each other so much on such a small place there is only ever going to be one outcome. I think you are wasting breath trying to get Dominicans to accept Haitians or Haitians to accept this is Dominican ground. I can see that there are many who are hard working legal who do not deserve to be driven out, and they shouldn't be, but time after time they will become victim of hate mobs, legal or none legal and so stay and it is their gamble. You can't stop Doms being racist because 90% of Doms are proud to be racist! they hate so much and they have no experience of living multicultural lay as most of us have that racism is not a bad thing to them.
I think if Haitians went back then it would also give Dominicans a chance to realise that it is not the Haitians who are the downfall of this country, it is them. No more Haitians here then they can't blame Haitians for their troubles.

It's not going to happen I know, but if a ball gets rolling fast enough downhill and it gains momentum this kind of thing could get seriously out of hand, and I don't mean only for Haitians. We all know once Doms get excited and they see a little advantage they will continue, what next, the expats are responsible for something, in the end the need to reclaim their country makes it so dangerous for anyone to live here that we all leave and the country completely implodes in on itself. Alright, so I've got a little carried away, but would make a good movie no?

Ramjetspeed

Oct 17, 2013
It's better that Haitians go back if they don't want friction, lynchings and racism. If you put two nationalities who dislike each other so much on such a small place there is only ever going to be one outcome. I think you are wasting breath trying to get Dominicans to accept Haitians or Haitians to accept this is Dominican ground. I can see that there are many who are hard working legal who do not deserve to be driven out, and they shouldn't be, but time after time they will become victim of hate mobs, legal or none legal and so stay and it is their gamble. You can't stop Doms being racist because 90% of Doms are proud to be racist! they hate so much and they have no experience of living multicultural lay as most of us have that racism is not a bad thing to them.
I think if Haitians went back then it would also give Dominicans a chance to realise that it is not the Haitians who are the downfall of this country, it is them. No more Haitians here then they can't blame Haitians for their troubles.

It's not going to happen I know, but if a ball gets rolling fast enough downhill and it gains momentum this kind of thing could get seriously out of hand, and I don't mean only for Haitians. We all know once Doms get excited and they see a little advantage they will continue, what next, the expats are responsible for something, in the end the need to reclaim their country makes it so dangerous for anyone to live here that we all leave and the country completely implodes in on itself. Alright, so I've got a little carried away, but would make a good movie no?

Well said.
But what we must not forget is what happened to expats in Spain for several years, and when the country went belly up they started offering residency with the purchase of certain value houses after allowing the local government and trades me to rip people off.
DR is heading the same way, Expats are cash cows so they will try and get as much as they can from us. Take resedency for example, Expats more than help to mentain the country but they are going to squeeze for as much as they can get with not much to offer, how is that going to help the country but putting off people from coming here.
DR need to explain the policies so that all its country men and women understand. also treat people the way they would like to be treated, not create situations where more people end up been killed.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Nothing changes.. same old, same old.....

The man kicks the dog, the dog bites the cat, the cat eats the mouse, the mouse swallows the grubs, the grubs eat the shyt....

Bronzeallspice - you are a mouse - good luck with that!

And I see you are a dog.Good luck with that!

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
1. Are they really sure it was Haitians who robbed and killed these poor people ?

2. Is it really a surprise to see such events with all the "conditioning" of these last weeks ?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Brrr it is cool today, must be the haitians fault.......
Cant see many people complaining ( espacially the land owners), when they need to pick up cacao and sugar canne, at half the price of a dominican.
There again if they are all deported it would open lots of job opportunities to dominicans. Let me think, long hard days work under the sun for 300 pesos...... mmmm let me think, no I prefer dominoes and brugal sipping ( or gulping) in the shade.
Second thoughts, lets keep a couple of " good" haitians as slaves. Dont worry when they finish working we chain them up again so they cant go robbing or on rape rampages across the countryside......
Only kidding, but this is where its leading ( or at least this conversation).

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
2 recent stories in my 51 habitant village.
First, a haitian family along the road, that live in dirt poor conditions of course, the older sister comes back fron school around 8 a clock, walks the3 or 4 km home. Arrives on the doorstep, a young local guy, drunk, shouts abuse at her, walks up to her and punches her like 5 times in the face. The girl is 12 years old. Mother takes her to public hospital, patched up, no permanent damage. Next day mother goes into town to police station, police tell her to take a walk, or go to puerto plata to complain, they dont take haitiana complaints here......dirt poor family ( no father 5 kids), no way to get to pop. End of story, everyone knows who did it but nothing is going to happen ( unless he walks past in my house in the dark and catches an arrow in the eye ).

Second recent story. Small pueblo next to mine. No road ( ie dirt track ), luz ( that nobody pays for ), tv cable, owned by local land lord, whom everyone pays 500 pesos a month. ( how can u watch tv without luz one could ask ?).
Anyway these people want more luz ( that they dont pay for ) so they have an illegal huelga ( cos if u declare a huelga u cant be prosecuted apparently ), destroy the luz and cable posts, as well as the land owner private lines ( it is a huge finca, very wealthy ).
Next day police come round with said land lord and tells them, tough **** no more tv cable for u and I hope it s going to take ages to get luz back. Stupid campisinoes look at themselves, conscient to have shot themselves through the foot, and they all say "los haitianos did all this". Stupid ****$. Good job the authorities knew better and jailed the 5 or 6 trouble makes .

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
And do Haitians love thy neighbor? No good to be throwing stones.

There's no love lost between the two countries so let's stop pretending
and see it for what it is.

When you see the Israelites and the Arabs getting along then come back
and say this again.

Last edited:

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
And do Haitians love thy neighbor? No good to be throwing stones.

There's no love lost between the two countries so let's stop pretending
and see it for what it is.

When you see the Israelites and the Arabs getting along then come back
and say this again.

You cannot force someone to do something they do not want to do or there will
be consequences. It will just continue to escalate.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Dominican thugs can expect the same "treatment". Hasn't anything to do with being Haitian.

No, Dominicans don't lynch innocent Dominicans because another dominican committed a crime. They will lynch the criminal, but not just a random passer by, that is stupid.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Are we not still talking about the OP? Sorry, I hadn't realised you'd moved onto other examples of lynching, my bad!