Dominicans Abandoning Washington Heights

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
How can you say that with any degree of certainty? We Jonses are known to get around.

Jrod0408

Feb 5, 2018
So this thread is rather interesting because I can see the allure of staying in NYC. I was born here to Dominican immigrants and raised in the Bronx. Didn’t venture out to WH until I was in high school and didn’t have extended Dominican family here. Lived in a few different countries and cities in the US and am one of those New Yorkers that swears it’s the best city. Guess I lucked out never having lived in a roach infested place etc. I still believe there is something to be said of the level of diversity (cultural, professional etc) in the city. 

nrg2003

Jul 25, 2017
I like Washington Heights/Inwood and the "flavor" that Dominicans added to the area. Aside from cheaper rent (honestly, the rent isn't that cheap compared to other places), a lot of people like Washington Heights because they enjoy the Latin culture that exists there because of Dominicans - food, people, music, drinks, bars, fresh fruit, vibes, etc. 

nrg2003

Jul 25, 2017
Drinks, bars, insipid music and promiscuity are hardly culture.

If that's your opinion of what you think Washington Heights represents then I don't understand why you are on this website unless you're here to troll. Did a Dominican offend you?

K-Mel

Apr 15, 2012
We saw a lot of them in the Bronx last December, (Metropolitan College of NYC area)