Dominicans in UK

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Kateinyork,

I would imagine you simply have to get in touch with the consular section of the embassy of whichever country you're planning to spend your vacation in. If you're going to several countries, like taking a ferry to France to drive on to Spain, I believe you should apply for a visa at the embassy of the country where you first enter the Schengen area. In this case, the French embassy. Or Belgium if the ferry's port of arrival is in that country (Zeebrugge, Ostende). I'm sure you can find the info you need about the application process by doing a straightforward google search.

Thanks for that - very helpful! I love this site!

Allymich

Nov 13, 2007
There are quite a few in the South as far as I'm aware, we're up in York though so quite a way from you. Have you been here long?

Hi there Kate....
Wow really I would love to get in touch with fellow dominicans....:bunny:
I've been here for a bit over a year.. live here with my husband...
how about you been around for long in york?

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
Hi there Kate....
Wow really I would love to get in touch with fellow dominicans....:bunny:
I've been here for a bit over a year.. live here with my husband...
how about you been around for long in york?

Hi there, I'm English and my husbands Dominican, he's only been here since May this year. We don't know any other Dominicans but I'm sure somebody will spot your thread and let you know - there are definitely more in the South where you are than up here! Are you enjoying being here? Where in DR are you from?

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hola

Hi

I'm Saskia, my husband is from Puerto Plata and we now live in Herfordshire. We have Dominican friends in Bournemouth, Portsmouth, Reading and Coventry (to name just a few ... but these are in your area)

Check out Dominican Connection The site is currently undergoing some work but most of the Dominicanos in the UK log on. Also some pics on my hubby's photo blog

PM me whenever you want to

xx

rakuda

Dec 5, 2005
Dominicanos!

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone would like to get in touch with me? I lived in the Dominican Republic and spent some time at school then working then. I am now undertaking a PhD in Dominican literature and more than anything, I am trying to keep the connections with the DR going and with Dominicanisch! I am also interested in getting Dominicans' thoughts on literature, education and so on. Or if you just want una charla about Santo Domingo just get in touch.
www.dominicanwriters.com will be live again very soon...

Gracias!

Emma.

maria08

May 23, 2008
Thanks

Thanks for the info its great to see the website
When are the next gatherings in the uk, me and roberto would love to meet up with everyone.

Harrod

May 17, 2006
I think you lot are out of your minds,M25 yuk. I lived in he country in Kent which is all preety close to you in the Essex /London areas.Dartford Tunnel is like swearing.......Now I live near Cabarete which is very loud at times..La Cienniga is close and can be quite scarey but I wouldn,t come back unless I was forced and I come from there!!! Even my family have visited 3 times from Bucks and Wiltshire and also a sister from Canada in the last year.How can you stand the cold???:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
......Even my family have visited 3 times from Bucks and Wiltshire and also a sister from Canada in the last year.How can you stand the cold???:

I am lost Harrod - Are you Dominican or Brit?

How comes your family are in Bucks and Wiltshire?
Did you marry a Brit?

Help???

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
LOL 2 very different countries, hard to compare really. Each have their pros and cons ;)

But would your life in DR be as comfortable had you not lived and learnt from the rat race in the UK? Its not all bad eh? lol

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
hello
im getting to married with a dominican next month
im a french woman living in london
i would like to get in touch with some dominican near by,to find out how is life in england for them!
im a bit anxious of the fact,he might not like england!

mimi24

Aug 3, 2008
I miss DR

Hi All,

I just came back from DR - and i am in love

Ok before you all start 'oh another who got sucked in by a Sankie' - i am in love with the country. I met some amazing friends and i feel so lucky for meeting them because even know i have returned we constantly email and talk to eachother . I travelled everywhere and I just couldnt believe how much i loved it there.

Any way all the above was beside the point - I am back in the UK now London to be exact and i am desperately searching for a club that plays bachata - something to make me feel like i am back in DR.

Please help.

Thanks

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
hi mimi
you need to google bachata in london and i know is plenty place in london for that
i personnaly go to bar salsa near leicester sq , sometime you can listen bachata ,but is not too often
othewise you got plenty merengue and reggaeton there on thursday and friday nights!

mimi24

Aug 3, 2008
Thank you for your reply,

I know of bar salsa and i have been there a few times and they dont ply much bachata and it is really really hot in there - no air con i think.

I have tried to google but it is really hard to find anything.

The worst thing is all my friends here think i have gone mad and they are not really into latin music.

But thank you for the reply i guess i will keep on trying.