DR-Debate or is there???

Status
Not open for further replies.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
This a Debate? This is Enjoyable?

sancochojoe said:
Even in this debate, which appears harmless and actually enjoyable, we get the comment you just made. In another debate, someone would make the same comment but with a yawn ...
Enjoyable in the same way as a big Saturday night out on the lawn chairs watching the cars rust. Or debating with the neghbors over a few Presidentes how long it'll take the new paint to dry. What fun! Glad you pointed that out.

Yawn!

Tom aka XR

Your right, enjoyable is restoring my 51 ford pickup every weekend.
Maybe I should not have used that term in this topic.

XanaduRanch said:
Enjoyable in the same way as a big Saturday night out on the lawn chairs watching the cars rust. Or debating with the neghbors over a few Presidentes how long it'll take the new paint to dry. What fun! Glad you pointed that out.

Yawn!

Tom aka XR

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
We used to discuss "Race" on DR1!

It would always break down into a "Race War"! so,no more "Race" content! Non Dominican related gets "Zapped"! I like to "Close" threads when they become a "Chat Room"! ( "Hi Bill!","Hi Sue!","Is it raining there?"I loved you last post!! You are sooooooo COOL!")"Take it TO the Chat Room!Want to talk World Politics,not on my watch!Have an obvious agenda to promote? You won't "Fly" here!Same goes for "Religion"!
Even though most of the DR1 Moderators were born "At Night",it was not "Last Night"!!!!!!We have about 1000 years of combined "Experience"! Those without "Experience",are "SMART"!!!!!!!!!Some of us are BOTH!!!!!!! :cheeky: CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCris Cccccccolon

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Sancochojoe

It would mean a heck of a lot if you just clarified what you are talking about. Are we talking about the Debates forum or ALL the forums?

Remember, each has different rules and different moderators. If we are not talking about the Debate forum I have nothing to say as I am just another guest there and the mods have freedom to do how they please provided the bosses don't mind.

Pib, come on now. Work with me. I thought I was clear when I opened this thread under the DR Debate Forum. This is the section that is relegated to debates right???
But yes, to answer your question, I'm talking about the "DR Debates Forum"

I know debates turn up in other forums, but I assume the "spicy" debates would go here. You know, this one with all the closed threads :classic:

Pib said:
It would mean a heck of a lot if you just clarified what you are talking about. Are we talking about the Debates forum or ALL the forums?

Remember, each has different rules and different moderators. If we are not talking about the Debate forum I have nothing to say as I am just another guest there and the mods have freedom to do how they please provided the bosses don't mind.

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
I applaud your efforts in trying to get a firm understanding about why some debates and threads on this forum get locked when others don't---but talk about a waste of keystrokes.

Say it with me. P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S.

A thread about baseball gets locked because it's not baseball season but a certain poster can start thread after thread about himself to the laughs and giggles from the mods. Go figure.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
ClippedWing said:
A thread about baseball gets locked because it's not baseball season but a certain poster can start thread after thread about himself to the laughs and giggles from the mods. Go figure.
I can't justify and couldn't care less how other mods moderate their forums. I was given rules, I work within those rules, if everybody did abide by those rules, instead of calling each other names and such nonsense, threads would not be closed IN THE DEBATES FORUM.

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
XanaduRanch said:
As Bill the Cat would have said.

Get a life. If you've got the money, buy two. Politics? Please. How self-important some people are! It's not politics! We just don't like you. That'sall. Wait until you're a moderator. You'll see!

Tom aka XR

Text book example of personal attacks for no reason.

Okay Tom.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
Cw

ClippedWing said:
Text book example of personal attacks for no reason.
Not to make Pib have to excercise the delete button again, but, please look closely at the original post.

See that huge grinning smiley in the upper left in the title bar area? Dear girl, that's there to indicate that what follows below is to be taken lightly, as a joke, as in not seriously. Sorta like this whole thread. That was not a personal attack.

However I will point out that it's one word, like this: textbook.

Besos! Tom aka XR

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
ClippedWing said:
Smooches..Clip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Pib : Today at 09:16 AM.

*Shaking my head* I get edited because I speak the truth? I challenge anyone one to tell me it's not about politics.

Hence one of the main reasons why I stopped gracing this board with my profound insights. It's the boards loss and what a huge loss that is.

Smooches...Clip.

XanaduRanch

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 15, 2002
That's Easy!

ClippedWing said:
I challenge anyone one to tell me it's not about politics.
Let me do it. "CW! It's not about P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S." Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone, 'k?

ClippedWing said:
Hence one of the main reasons why I stopped gracing this board with my profound insights.
Really? I don't recall you're ever having shared anything particularly profound. Or even remotely profound for that matter. I must have been away that night.

Besides, we all thought you left because of the love-hate thing you and Larry have going on.

P.S.
Please note the big-toothed smiley guy up there on the left before you get your kinckers in a twist again!

Besos! Tom aka XR

It may be the "bobblehead syndrome". Everyones head are bouncing up and down who have the power to close the forum and who also participate a great deal in the debate, and Clip, your head is moving side to side.
So that being the case, opionions like yours will get close more often.

That term only came up because I have a bunch of bobble heads of my favorite football team players on my desk in my office, and one thing I noticed was when I attempt to make the heads shake from side to side they immediately force themselves to bobble up and down, it seem like a good fit in making my point. Clip no matter how hard you want to decent, your either forced to think other wise or you will be closed, and then you are forced to make the decision to not participate or limited your posting. Not that your points of view are wrong.

Thats why I stated before, that it really is not much of a debate. Your just not a true "bobblehead" :)

You either have to work in the parmeters given, as stated in the rules and then some, or not post at all. Thats why I classify it as more of a bunch of editorials, because it does not last long enough to qualify as a debate. There is really not much room for opposite opionions. :(

ClippedWing

Jan 12, 2002
XR,

You've probably never noticed my profound rhythmatic discourse that would navigate melodic notes to your soul engaging you into mental stimulation because you were probably too busy looking for grammatical errors instead of letting my mosaic exchange penetrate you- making you more the wiser.

Smooches...Clip

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I wish this thread were in the General Forum!

I would have to accuse you of murder,and close the thread!You are boring people to death!!!!!!Thousands of people post on DR1 and are never "Deleted" or "Closed",or spend post after post complaining about how much they dislike the board.Must be the weight of that chip on your shoulder that makes you so paranoid!!! "Your "Bobble Head Doll" routine has "wiskers"! Try for something new. CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :tired:

Come on Big Fella

I like the board. I really do. Its not an attack. Just an observance.
What is there to be paranoid about. Why do people have to have a chip
on their shoulder if they disagree with you. Thats crazy.

Come on Colon, give me an excuse to want to like you. Just want the debates in this forum to be a little bit more open, thats all.
Did not think it would be a big problem.

Cheer up Colon, don't be so grumpy, it should all be in fun :p

Criss Colon said:
I would have to accuse you of murder,and close the thread!You are boring people to death!!!!!!Thousands of people post on DR1 and are never "Deleted" or "Closed",or spend post after post complaining about how much they dislike the board.Must be the weight of that chip on your shoulder that makes you so paranoid!!! "Your "Bobble Head Doll" routine has "wiskers"! Try for something new. CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC :tired:

Status
Not open for further replies.