DR should send at least a batallion to Iraq!!!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
My idea:

Given the current situation with Haiti and the proven ill-equipped actual Armed Forces in the DR, I think we should give an offer to the UN to send Dominican troops to Iraq under a UN mandate and fully armed and equipped with the latest war technology so they can be a force to reckon with shall the need arise there, then we will rotate the troops having the ones already deployed there come home to the DR with all their armaments and equipment just as the US and other countries armed forces do as a rule, they become a unit with their equipment be it trucks, jeeps, tanks you name it. As soon as the troops are ready to be rotated the new troops will be rearmed by the UN so they can continue their tours of duty there at the services of the UN and under it's flag, updating the DR's Armed Forces to a more real one than the Force the only represent on paper.

The UN security council will quickly vote yes on this because they all fear sending troops to Iraq under any circumstances because of the backslash of terrorism it could bring to them, we are more isolated than they are because as you may well know the security services left behind by the Trujillo regime are very good at finding out anybody quick, and since the DR has very little issues when it comes to how you beat the S**T out of somebody for info, they could find out anything developing on Dominican soil.

I know for a fact that talks are underway by Dominican reps in the UN by the request of the UN security council members to have some amount of Dominican troops deployed elsewhere under the command of the UN international peace keeping forces.

What do you think?

And then we sent Gasp!!! A Battalion? not! They kept all the equipment handed over to them by the Us and Spanish Armed Forces while in Iraq when they came back to the DR, M-16s and all...
Boy was I on point....
If only Hipocrito had gone to the UN first...

lewpo

Jul 29, 2007
I don't think a batallion (or even a division) would help!

Seriously, I am of the opinion that the only way the fight against terrorism will be effective is through the method of "infiltrate, identify and destroy" at the root of the system. Even then, some of them would escape, given their modus operindi. It would be a great effort in and of itself to recruit the necessary muslim participants who would be luck enough to convince the opposition of their sincerity to the degree of uprooting the leadership for identification.

I don't have the answer, just wish I did. I'm afraid this war against terrorism will end up being Islam against Christianity and other "infidels". Let's pray it doesn't end up that way. If it does, we'll ALL be the losers.

Texas Bill
Not for nothing but the war in Iraq had nothing to do with the war on terror . before the invasion Saddam had a way with dealing with religious fundelmentilist , He shot them in the head and buried them in mass graves . after George W . left Al qudia in afganistan and redeployed to attack sadam on fabricated intel . Al qudia followed the troops into bagdad and the make up about 10% of the fighters the rest are Iraqis who wnat the US out of there country . That said we could use any quality help in Afganistan and the pushtan reagions .