Votes: 2 0.9%
  • DOMINICAN-OTHER

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • NON-DOMINICAN

Votes: 170 73.6%

• Total voters

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Plantains, Emma - like green bananas, but bigger. If there is a West Indian community near you they will be on sale in the grocery shops, and sometimes in the exotic fruit and veg section of your local Tesco/Sainsbury's etc.

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
AH-HA!!! I'm knowing a "banana type" shape when I see it!!! I'm going to look for Plantains in my (large would say - so they OUGHT stock!!) local Tesco next I go! THEN I'm going to add the garlic and follow the recipe...Thinking I may need get my "used to bland" taste buds around meals "with a kick" before I set foot on DR soil!! TY Chirimoya!!! Emma :)
P.S. YUP! M.A.R. you guessed right!! :-D

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Tesco buys bananas and plantains from friends and customers of us here in the DR .. ;) Not many platanos, but a few.

So, if you buy at Tesco, chances are they will be right from here :laugh::laugh:

Emma22 said:
AH-HA!!! I'm knowing a "banana type" shape when I see it!!! I'm going to look for Plantains in my (large would say - so they OUGHT stock!!) local Tesco next I go! THEN I'm going to add the garlic and follow the recipe...Thinking I may need get my "used to bland" taste buds around meals "with a kick" before I set foot on DR soil!! TY Chirimoya!!! Emma :)
P.S. YUP! M.A.R. you guessed right!! :-D

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Emma, please let me know how your "mangu" experiment turns out.

Just so you know, the "cloves of garlic" touch is not typical....also, make sure you boil them for a while...until they almost fall apart when you try to pick them up..

good luck..:)

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
The gastronomic suggestions are um um good, but folks getting back to the poll. Any opinions on the results so far.

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
I "got" that it wasn't typical mondongo from your last posts...no worries, I'm still going to try it if my (BIG!!!) Tesco stocks plantains!! :)

And thanatos, from the poll would say (as it stands) the majority of DR1 are non Dominican? My thoughts being: Not much surprised ;-)

Emma :)

May 31, 2005
Keith R said:
Oh, you think so, do you? Yeah, riiiiigggghhhhhtttt..... NALS is out to make a point, DF.

What I mean is that it will just be easier to just vote without all of the negativity that he has gotten with some of his polls.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I had my secretary take a telephone poll of registered DR1 members, and randomly contacted over 100 members, a fairly representative universe. Extrapolating the results, with a margin of error +/- 3%, 75%, Dominicans of any persuasion are unwilling to participate in NALs polls, versus 25% for Non-Dominicans.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
NALS

I voted Non-Dominican

To be fair, I would have felt more represented in this poll if you had had a category: Irish American Aplatanando :disappoin

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I voted non-Dominican because there wasn't a category for an Italian/Canadian/Dominican Republic lover. :laugh:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Since 99.9 % of Dominicans have no computer(And if they do,NO Electricity to run it!)

This so-called poll is just another Nowl's waste of bandwidth and time! Whats with all the "Plantano" banter? Moderator doesn't know his job?? CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC:ermm:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Criss Colon said:
This so-called poll is just another Nowl's waste of bandwidth and time! Whats with all the "Plantano" banter? Moderator doesn't know his job?? CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC:ermm:
You are missed as moderator, CC.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Criss Colon said:
He he...

This poll is not about DR, but DR1 and its members...

Any Dominican(s) who is a member of this website obviously has access to a computer...

Talk about "waste of bandwidth" ...nuff said.:tired:

-NALs

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Dear Nowls,aka,"THE LIAR",What about the Electricity?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Criss Colon said:
Double post.

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Criss Colon said:
Stick your head out of Arroyo Hondo....

You hear that???? Plenty of music at ear splitting volume!!!

Hmmm... if there is enough electricity for the stereo/radio, there must be for a quick vote on DR1.com by using the computer...

Add to that the fact that MOST Dominicans on DR1 have access to enough electricity to allow their posts be posted then where is the problem???

I don't know who bruised your ego lately, but if you are looking to replenish it try to criticize something else either of me or someone else, because this one is NOT working.

Why did I included that last sentence? Let's just say that when a person lowers his participation level on this site and only comes from time to time to criticize someone who opened himself to be criticized, its obvious that problem here is not with the one opened to the criticism but rather the critic himself.

Put some merengue music and I let the joy lift you up. Try it, it works!;)
-NALs

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
dominicanmeetshungarian said:
hi all,

i am looking for other hungarians who live down here in DR.;)

cynt

You must've heard wrong, nobody here from hungary, however you'll find a lot of us up hungry creek. Still looking for a job. By the way, I need a ride from SD to Sosua on the 2nd...